Rewasd not recognizing mouse button software mappings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewasd not recognizing mouse button software mappings

hello, i have a specific problem that i havent found solution for , i Will try to explaining as clear as i can my problem, im sorry for any miatakes, english is not my main laguage.

i have been using rewasd for about 3 or 4 years and has been working great with all my devices.

recently i bought an ELECOM Trackball, (specifically EX-G PRO)

rewasd recognice the mouse as a mouse and can map regular mouse Buttons without fail

but this mouse has extra Buttons, i am aware those extra Buttons need to be configured from the native mouse software.

i have tried for days to no success to get ReWASD to pick up the keys generated from the mouse native software.

for example... i want to do something simple ...

i map a button in the native software to the key "A" , the key works, works in games, works in apps.

but then i go to ReWASD, configure the key "A" to be muted and to override with key "B" ... well that doesnt trigger, i keep having key "A" pressed (as per native mouse software)

have tried almost any key on the ascii alphabet, i have tried with special keys (Windows key and such) i have tried with extra keys (f13-f21) and I cannot make rewasd pick up the keybind that my mouse is outputing.

for extra reference, the native mouse key "A" it is recognized by AHK and hotkey net, so must be a l issue on rewasd hook, or at least i think so.

i am aware rewasd team can no support if native mouse app does not work with them , but i Wonder if theres another way i can interface with rewasd? having access with AHK gives me options to try and interface.Both together, or is it another method i can use in order to make rewasd pick up the bindings my mouse software is outputting?

Hi.

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

this is my config, i re made it because i messed up my original, still functions the same.
      also a screen of the mapping of the mouse software and the mapping on ReWASD
      Attached Files

Comment

i have 2 mice connected... a Logitech 502, wich all is working fine and a trackball elecom EX-G PRO wich wich two mouse buutons work directly with rewasd but the assignment of capturing A and outputing B does not work, attached also picture of the mouse software, reasd config and test in notepad

Comment

Most likely, this issue is related to the "On-board memory." Since it is automatically enabled for the G502, it works correctly.

You need to enable "On-board memory" in your mouse software. If "On-board memory" is not present, the mappings will not work.

Comment

the mouse im talking about does not have an on board memory, the logitech g502, does tho, this is an elecom trackball, the Buttons work while the mouse software is on, if you close it mouse Buttons stop working.

i alrrady tried most of the basic solution, been using rewasd for some years now, it is not my first device i use in rewasd, but its the first device i cannot work with it.

Comment

to add some detail, i have previoisly used mices with and wothout on board memory and they have worked all without fail, it is Just this one i cannot make work with

Comment

As we mentioned, unfortunately, this cannot be technically implemented without on-board memory.

Comment

Working...
                X