UDP Server to passdown for Gyro Info Doesn't Work in the Latest Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDP Server to passdown for Gyro Info Doesn't Work in the Latest Version

UDP Server to pass gyro information doesn't work at all in the latest 7.2.0. I have enabled the "Use to send data via UDP to emulators" tick box activated virtual controller and rewasd says udp server started and I have set the cemu emulator with the proper ip address and port number. It can't connect to the udp server telling me "Could not receive valid data from the server. Please verify that the server is set up correctly and that the address and port are correct.​"

I also tried ryujinx emulator but it also fails to recognize udp server running.

I downgraded from the latest 7.2.0 to 6.7.1 version and udp server for the emulator function works fine. I checked for log files but I couldn't find where the program keeps its logs. If you can tell me where they are or how to create log files I can also send the logs as well.

Hello

Try to change the Port. I suppose that the default Port settings are overloaded.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Hello

Try to change the Port. I suppose that the default Port settings are overloaded.
      I did that still it didn't work. I also completely uninstalled rewasd and reinstalled again and that didn't worked as well. Version 6.7.2 works with no issues.

Is there a way to get the rewasd logs? I looked for them but I couldn't find them.

Comment

I realized that the UPD option is not needed at all in the case of Cemu. We have tested it on our side. To make Gyro work, it's quite enough just to emulate DS4.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          I realized that the UPD option is not needed at all in the case of Cemu. We have tested it on our side. The Gyro works fine. It's quite enough just to emulate DS4.
          Yeah, the SDL backend is enough to send gyro data.Emulators are not that reliant on UDP cemuhook method that much anymore. However, UDP server function doesn't work properly in the latest version and I think it should be fixed if it's a easy fix.

Comment

Weird. I was informed that the latest version of reWASD did not have any changes on the UPD part.

Please confirm that you changed the Port setting on reWASD and the emulator side

Comment

Yes, I did try different ports. I also completely uninstalled rewasd including settings and profiles also checked the driverstore to make sure there was no residue driver left and installed it again.

However, it doesn't immediately fail. When the profile is activated first it works for maybe 1 or 2 minutes and then it fails or if I deactivate and reenable the profile again udp server stops responding and doesn't work. None of this happens with version 6.7.1 it only happens with 7.2.0.

Also, I couldn't test the other versions in-between like 7.1.0 because the downloads for those versions are not available.

Comment

reWASD version 7.1.0 is no longer supported, btw.

Could I ask you to record a short video where the issue will be captured? I will pass it on reWASD dev team.

Comment

My little son has accidentally broken the DS4 controller so it doesn't work anymore . I ordered a Dualsense controller now. I will record it when it arrives.

Comment

Working...
                  X