Xbox controller randomly enters buggy state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox controller randomly enters buggy state

There is a bug using Xbox controllers in combination with the MS Wifi adapter and reWASD. I cant reproduce it but it happens randomly. If it enters the buggy state, pressing any button on the xbox controller causes it to turn off. Even for example pressing A button, or L button, the controller turns off. This only happens if also at the same time reWASD is running and you see the xbox LED going down in intensity caused by reWASD. I have not seen this issue, when using Bluetooth.

Hey there!

Perhaps you meant the Xbox One Microsoft Wireless Adapter? Could you also clarify if this issue is occurring with other adapters?

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
      Hey there!

Perhaps you meant the Xbox One Microsoft Wireless Adapter? Could you also clarify if this issue is occurring with other adapters?
      I mean the Xbox Wireless Controller for Windows

Erlebe den modernisierten Xbox Wireless Controller, unterstützte Konsolen sowie Mobiltelefone oder Tablets.

I have not seen this issue so far with Bluetooth. It is also only happeing with reWASD running.

Comment

Please indicate the adapter model you are using to connect your controller to the PC.

Comment

Normal Xbox X/S Controllers no One controllers, latest firmware.... Tried 3 different Controllers, all showing the same issue with reWASD.

Issue still happened seconds again when I upated reWASD to latest version. During the update of reWASD the XBOX LED blinking, after the updater was through, pressing any button on the XBOX Controller turns it off.

Comment

You still have not provided information on the questions asked:

1. Please indicate the adapter model you are using to connect your controller to the PC.​
            2. Please clarify if this issue is occurring with other adapters.

Comment

It seems you cant read properly because I have now countless times. NORMAL XBOX X/D CONTROLER. BUG JUST HAPPENING WITH THE WIRELESS ADAPTER, NOT WITH BT OR CABLE. AS SAID NOW COUNTLESS TIMES.

Here is someone having 100% the same issue but using another program called Xbox Controller button remapper

Issue is identical to mine when using reWASD in the combination of using Wifi adapter and also that it seems just to happen when you power cycle the wireless controller then wake up and then it randomly enters this state of turning off when you power it on and press any button, until you reboot Windows.

Comment

ORIGINAL MICROSOFT XBOX WIRELESS FOR WINDOWS ADAPTER AS SAID COUNTLESS TIMES.

Comment

Comment

Try disabling the [Hide from Windows Store applications (affect all slots)] option at [Preferences > Gamepads].

If that won't help, keep the option disabled and collect Standard logs according to this article. Make sure to trigger the issue at least once before stopping to logs collector.

Comment

Working...
                    X