Using a Dance Mat to Control Racing Games: Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Dance Mat to Control Racing Games: Need Help

With my rather unusual situation here, I could really appreciate some advice. When I just pulled my old dancing mat out of the attic, I got the crazy notion to use it to operate PC racing games. I've been playing around with reWASD, and while I've gotten some further, I'm running across a few obstacles. Using maybe the foot pedals for acceleration and braking, my primary objective is to map the directional arrows on the dance mat to steer left and right in the game. But the sensitivity and responsiveness are bothering me, and I'm not sure how to adjust the mappings to feel responsive and natural.

Has anybody here tried something like before or worked with unusual controllers to map racing games? Your opinions, advice, or any suggested reWASD settings that would assist me maximize this configuration would be much appreciated.​
    Last edited by blowback; 28.05.2024, 12:10.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, reWASD does not support pedals and similar devices at the moment.

If your device supports X-input, it will be recognized as an Xbox 360 device, and you will be able to use basic mappings. However, a more advanced and precise configuration of your device will not be available.​​

You can find out more about the supported devices in this article.

Comment

Working...
    X