GIMX command frequency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMX command frequency?

I'm testing reWASD's GIMX functionality in an attempt to make combos for a PS3 game. I first tested the original GIMX software and ran into issues which I described in this GIMX forum post. The suggested fix was to try adjusting the GIMX command frequency. I wanted to see if reWASD was a more practical alternative if "combo" playback (using tailored reWASD GIMX software) worked better than GIMX "macro" playback. Unfortunately I get the exact same problem. Are there any reWASD suggestions for this?
    Last edited by AgaBaga7839; 02.06.2024, 19:31.

Have you tried setting [Performance] to [High] in your config?

Comment

Report rate of virtual DS3 on USB is 100 Hz, same as on real controller. So you should take into account at least 10 ms delay between each action if you make your macros.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Setting [Performance] to [High] still yields the same problem, however it seems to improve combo playback that navigates the menus using the ↑↓←→ buttons (previously it would skip actions).

As for the report rate I have tried making delays between each action, however this seems impossible for joystick movement. I tried overcoming this issue by mapping the ↑↓←→ buttons into joystick up/down/left/right in order to 'separate' movement actions, and though it's somewhat possible to play like this in reWASD it only results in the camera panning the character during combo playback (I don't know if combos would work if the character actually moved).
        Last edited by AgaBaga7839; 03.06.2024, 00:08.

Comment

Hi. Could you please check whether your macro works correctly on a PC using this tester?

Comment

Delays should work even between joystick actions. To isolate the issue, maybe it easier to connect you GIMX adapter to same or other PC for test and check how your macros work in some tester?
            Then you will know if it is some macro problem or something game specific.

Comment

Working...
            X