Question about Controller and the Right Thumbstick/Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Controller and the Right Thumbstick/Mouse

So, I was just curious about the ReWASD software. I have been using it for quite a while now. However, I was just curious in relation to when we are mapping the mouse movements to the Right Thumbstick. When we do this, are we getting close to the movement of real mouse movements? I mean in terms of when it comes to aiming for first person and third person shooters?

Would it be more responsive to use ReWASD setup than the actual in-game setup of the controller. Would there be an increase in reaction times?

I hope that makes sense.

This is not so much a technical question as a matter of individual perception.

It should be noted that sticks do not work like mouse does. To turn the character from side to side quickly, you need to hold the stick for some time at the maximum point of deflection. Which, in case of mapping the stick to physical mouse, is equal to slowly, but consistently, moving it in a certain direction.
    Please check out this video, we explain all the settings you can change (both in-game and in reWASD), and show how exactly the mouse remapped to a stick is different from the regular mouse.

Also, here's the post where we describe all the settings that you can change to make mouse movement better.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      This is not so much a technical question as a matter of individual perception.

It should be noted that sticks do not work like mouse does. To turn the character from side to side quickly, you need to hold the stick for some time at the maximum point of deflection. Which, in case of mapping the stick to physical mouse, is equal to slowly, but consistently, moving it in a certain direction.
      Please check out this video, we explain all the settings you can change (both in-game and in reWASD), and show how exactly the mouse remapped to a stick is different from the regular mouse.

Also, here's the post where we describe all the settings that you can change to make mouse movement better.

Thank you kindly for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X