Duplicate controllers detected due to virtual device, so stuck as player 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate controllers detected due to virtual device, so stuck as player 2

Hi as you can see in windows 'Setup USB controllers' menu, there are two devices listed, when I am only using one xbox elite controller connected with a REWASD profile.

In windows blue tooth settings, it lists, Virtual XBOX 360 for reWASD (TWICE) and also, 'Xbox One Wireless Controller'.

I was also using Steam's 'Remote Play Together' app and it detected double controllers locally.

Is there a way I can hide one of these, or at the very least reliably set the controller I am actually using as my primary device? (player 1?) Setup USB controllers > advanced > set preferred wasnt very reliable.

Finally if I close my app, all of these revert to the one controller.

Thank you
    Attached Files

The existence of two virtual controllers suggests that a config relying on a virtual Xbox 360 was applied to at least two devices or groups.
    Turn remap off for all devices except your controller so only one virtual controller is left.

Devices currently being remapped are marked with a green dot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-07-21_22-11-30.png
Views:	65
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	243343

As an alternative, you can use your Xbox Elite controller as an output device.

Comment

thank you for this, I did actually come across a similar reddit post that said I may have applied the profile to my keyboard mouse, obviously from a UX pov, I was confused as it appeared to be a 360 controller, I managed to clear profile/ delete and then hide the kb+m from appearing in the list.

That's interesting about the output device I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...
      X