Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with delay on input (Repeat Delay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with delay on input (Repeat Delay)

Hi, I just bought reWASD today as a replacement for AntiMicro, as it comes with some very cool features. However, I've been unable to change the repeat delay on my controller using reWASD and that causes some issues in the game I'm playing.

The problem is also described here with no fix for it: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...r-repeat-delay

Basically, the game registers your skills when you hold down the key, but does not start repeating until the repeat delay is over. On a keyboard you can set the delay to much shorter which in return makes your delay shorter than the cast time of the skills, but this effect does not carry over to reWASD's emulated input. The result of this is that you'll execute your skill once, wait for a delay, then it starts repeating properly without delay. I have also tried using the turbo option, but this does not work for this game as it will stop the skills from working. The game has to register the key held down only.

It was mentioned in the post above, that this is not a feature that was currently available (in 2022), but it looks like this is still the case. It's quite a big deal for me to have this feature available, so I hope it will be added in the near future.

What I can tell you is that this would definetely be possible, as AntiMicro already has this feature (and it is open source!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	keyrepeat.png
Views:	132
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	243360

To hold a key for a specific amount of time, you can set a [Combo] of that key and a [Pause] node in the middle.
    To make it auto-tap while you hold a button, enable the [Turbo] option for the mapping. Its value will set the repeat rate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      To hold a key for a specific amount of time, you can set a [Combo] of that key and a [Pause] node in the middle.
      To make it auto-tap while you hold a button, enable the [Turbo] option for the mapping. Its value will set the repeat rate.
      Thank you for the reply, unfortunately this does not solve my issue as using combo keys will be considered cheating (it's an online game called Maplestory) and doesn't fix the issue. The same goes for turbo as it registers as new key press rather than a held down button. This goes for both cases.

In order for these older games to properly register input, it needs to have the repeat delay set to short as in windows keyboard settings does for the keyboard.

Comment

It looks like I misunderstood you.

The keyboard input repeat rate option is in [Virtual input device settings].
        However, specific values for delay and repeat rate cannot be set.

Note: Using the "Fast" setting in older games might result in an input buffer overflow, which would lead to error beeps and input lags.

Comment

It looks like I misunderstood you.

The keyboard input repeat rate option is in [Virtual input device settings]. However, specific values for delay and repeat rate cannot be set.

Note: Using the "Fast" setting in older games might result in an input buffer overflow, which would lead to error beeps and input lags.
          That seting only changes the rate of repeats, not the initial delay after the button is held down. I would very much appreciate it if this could be implemented in a future update as it is currently unusable for me until I am able to set the repeat delay to something shorter. Again, this is already a feature of AntiMicro.

The software itself is otherwise excellent and I look forward to be able to use it as my daily driver.

Comment

Understood. We will consider implementing this option in future updates of reWASD.

Comment

Understood. We will consider implementing this option in future updates of reWASD.
              Thank you, I look forward to it!

Comment

Working...
              X