Diablo 3 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3 not working

I've downloaded multiple profiles for D3. None of them when using the left joystick does my character move. I would expect this basic functionality! Anyone have a profile with this setup? If not, is this not a function of this program?

Hello!
    Could you please show me one of the configs you are trying to use?
    Also, do any of them work outside of D3?

Comment

I can't tell you if they work "outside" of D3 since D3 is the only game I would be using this program for. All other games I play have built in controller support now...just this old game doesn't LOL I downloaded right from reWASD website the top couple...here is what one of the controller setups looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	243395Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	243396

Comment

From the screenshot, the left stick should function as a mouse cursor.
        Does this move the character in D3?
        Does the left stick function as a Windows mouse cursor outside the game?​

Comment

Diablo 3 does not support controllers (unlike Diablo 2 resurrected). From ground up D3 is keyboard mouse game.

So any profiles simply map keyboard and mouse events to controller buttons. Most will map mouse movement to left stick - so it moves mouse cursor (not move character). Then map "left mouse click" to A - so it moves/attacks where mouse cursor is.

You can look at D3 option - key assignment to see what each keyboard binding does ... then assign it to appropriate button on controller using rewasd.

I personally think mouse movement using left stick is awfully slow and imprecise. Gyro aiming (using gyroscope on controller as mouse) is much more satisfying. Unfortunately, it seems you have X-Box One controller, which does not have gyro.

If you do get gyro controller ... the important part of setting gyro as mouse is - assigning one button on controller to disable gyro on button press and enable back on button release ... then controller will truly behave like mouse ... so for example, if you want to move cursor to left and your hand is already moved too far left ... you simply press that gyro button, then reset your hand position, and release that gyro button - and you ready to go (kind of like lifting mouse to reset its position)

Gyro is available on Switch and PS4/PS5 controllers ... third party controllers with gyro either connect to PC as Switch or PS4/PS5 controllers ... do not get ones that connect as Switch controllers - Switch has low polling rate ... so get ones that connect as PS4/PS5 or get Vader 3 Pro (which seems to be able to connect to PC as D-input and rewasd able to recognize its gyro in that mode)

PS. I personally use DualSense and it is great

Comment

Just for reference ... this is what i use

Ignore actual keys as they correspond to settings in the game and have change those from default (will probably change them again lol)

Just look at description ... i use this for D2 resurrected too ... so description is "for D2 / for D3" ... i find this gives me quick access to everything i need ... ofcourse ReWASD allows you to customize it to your personal preference ... and thats why i love reWASD
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X