How to combo so that instead of delay a key replaces this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to combo so that instead of delay a key replaces this

I want to combo the mouse click for the keyboard shortcut to my game, for when I press down the right analog stick to my xbox controller. So instead of a delay between mouse click down and up, I want mouse click down to execute, then a double press to exit by mouse click up. Can I implement this, I have the full package, otherwise what's an alternative?

I'm afraid the task is a little bit complicated.

So, as far as I understand, you want to add the combo to your right thumb. How must the combo look? Is it at a mouse click mapping and what do you want to add between a press and release?

Comment

It will be easier if I mention my end goal, for example, I want mouse-click up to happen after I press another button. So it would look something like this on my xbox controller:
      R-stick Double Press - (activates mouse click down) - R-stick Tripple Press - (activates mouse click up). Or whether I can repeat the same process to activate the next trigger, like double press once activates mouse click down, then double press down again has this switch to mouse click up.

Comment

I can achieve my end goal by setting up double press with toggle, which is enough for now

Comment

Did I understand correctly that you found the solution yourself?

Comment

I'm still tweaking buttons and learning the platform, however I alternatively achieved somewhat what I wanted. Though I'm experiencing a minor issue with its performance. I have attached a recording of my gameplay.

When I double press right stick, it activates mouse-down, and I can move the right stick to behave like a mouse. However, when I move around and look around, it eventually gets thrown into a spin that I cannot control. This cannot be reproduced on the keyboard+mouse, only on the controller. Can I modify the settings on the mouse, or elsewhere to have a smoother performance?

[VIDEO example]https://streamable.com/jltall[/VIDEO]

Comment

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
              ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Attached is the config I'm using
                Attached Files

Comment

I checked the right stick mappings in the online mouse tester and found no input sticking.
                  Perhaps the problem is that the game detects both mouse and right stick rotations at the same time and this causes the issue?
                  If so, I recommend applying Mute to the gamepad buttons so that the game detects only emulated keyboard and mouse input.​

Comment

Yo, I have included mute to both the right stick when acting as a mouse (right, up, left, down), and when I double press to activate mouse-down. The spin still persists, though it's not the solution I want, I want to test a combo of mouse-down and rotation, like mouse left, down, right, up instead of my double trigger (its not what I want though, I want to be able to analogue this). There is no feature for mouse movement in the combo though, it's only mouse down, up, scroll or x2.

Comment

Mouse movements in combos are not currently available, but this is in our plans for the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by MUjoy View Post
                        Attached is the config I'm using
                        I'm looking to imitate it exactly as I would do with the mouse. I can press-down left mouse click and move around the mouse, but it never gets the spin. Maybe its like you say, and I need to make these more independent, between mouse click and mouse moving. How can I test this a little more?

Comment

What you did in the config looks correct. When you double click R3, RMB is held down, and you can direct the virtual mouse to rotate the camera. As long as the stick is deflected (not at the starting point) the camera will rotate. But if you release the stick, the mouse should also stop. Is that not correct?

Comment

That's what I'm not trying to do and what I cannot understand is how to make the two independent, so a looped rotation does not happen. For example, I found that moving with the left-joystick off my window, it will have the hero moving constantly. So when I activate mouse-down, and turn the character around, I don't get the looped spin at all anymore. This is what I'm trying to do naturally, without this hack.

Comment

What do you mean by to make the two independent? While you hold the right stick (it doesn't matter which activator was triggered, you have the same mappings), reWASD emulates the pressed right mouse click, once you stop holding, the system gets released input. This is how the mappings were adjusted and how they must work.

Which way these mappings should work in your case?

Comment

Working...
                              X