Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo with absolute values.

I'm using PS dual sense controller and I need to do a combo:
    Move left stick to the center. In about 10ms press X then in 10ms return the stick to the position it is currently on the controller.

I know I can use absolute stick setting but to make it work I have to mute left stick. So I added a new shift layer with a muted left stick which becomes active when I press my combo button. The problem is the shift layer switches back only when I release combo button, not in 10 ms after X is pressed in combo.

Is there a way to do the combo I need?

If not, would it be possible to add analog stick mute/unmute combo "command", so you can mute left stick then set it absolute value and then unmute whenever you need it in the combo (something similar to the combo "Eliminate Stick Deflection")?

Thank you, Nick

Hey there!

Unfortunately, achieving such a result is technically not possible.

You cannot return to the main shift layer immediately after performing your combo; it will only be completed when you release the held button.

Comment

Hey strokel!

Thank you for the prompt reply!
      Would it possible to eventually implement stick MUTE/UNMUTE in combo (please see the picture below)? Click image for larger version

Name:	combo.png
Views:	81
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	243555

Now the absolute values for analog sticks are kinda useless because the controller override them immediately (at least for if you use a physical controller) and you can't always use the shift layers.
      Or should I post that in the Suggestions?

Thank you,
      Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Nick

To make your suggestion clearer, please describe how this option would be useful in the game. I'd just like to see how in-game it would be usable

Comment

Hey Miron4ik42,

In my case the game is Fall Guys. There is technique called neutral jump. To make a neutral jump you have to move left stick to center, jump, then immediately return the stick control to the player.

As I described in the first post I can do that with shift layers, except I can't return the stick control back to player immediately, it waits until I unpress the combo button. So this doesn't work as it needs to.

My guess it would be useful (or at least convenient) for other games too because you would not need shift layers to make combo with stick absolute values. You would have control when the stick mute/unmutes right in combo.

Thank you,
          Nick

Comment

Originally Posted by AnOldGamer View Post
            Hey Miron4ik42,

In my case the game is Fall Guys. There is technique called neutral jump. To make a neutral jump you have to move left stick to center, jump, then immediately return the stick control to the player.

As I described in the first post I can do that with shift layers, except I can't return the stick control back to player immediately, it waits until I unpress the combo button. So this doesn't work as it needs to.

My guess it would be useful (or at least convenient) for other games too because you would not need shift layers to make combo with stick absolute values. You would have control when the stick mute/unmutes right in combo.

Thank you,
            Nick
            Thanks for the additional info.
            I can't promise anything, but we'll discuss the possibility of implementing that functionality with the team.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnOldGamer View Post
              I'm using PS dual sense controller and I need to do a combo:
              Move left stick to the center. In about 10ms press X then in 10ms return the stick to the position it is currently on the controller.

I know I can use absolute stick setting but to make it work I have to mute left stick. So I added a new shift layer with a muted left stick which becomes active when I press my combo button. The problem is the shift layer switches back only when I release combo button, not in 10 ms after X is pressed in combo.

Is there a way to do the combo I need?

If not, would it be possible to add analog stick mute/unmute combo "command", so you can mute left stick then set it absolute value and then unmute whenever you need it in the combo (something similar to the combo "Eliminate Stick Deflection")?

Thank you, Nick
              I have implemented what you requested using the existing functions. To perform a "neutral jump" (based on the Xbox layout), I set the layer switch to toggle mode with the A button and added a combo that waits a few tens of milliseconds (for accurate neutral jump detection) and then presses the A button.

The principle is as follows: When you press the A button to jump, it switches to a layer that ignores stick input. Due to the height of the key itself, it takes about 70ms for the A button to be pressed and released. Therefore, if you set the layer switch to toggle, the stick will be neutral for 70ms. During this time, the macro set will operate and the jump will be performed in a neutral stick state.

Comment

Yes, I tried that too, but it does not work as well as if the stick returns immediately after jump. It's not consistent and you move forward slower that with precise timing.

Comment

Working...
                X