license hasn't been activated properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license hasn't been activated properly

Bought and installed years ago for controller support in GTA SA PC original (this was way before "Definitive" came out).

Never had further use for it, and have gone through at least half a dozen fresh Windows installs and several PC builds since I bought RESWAD originally, so only just tried to install it again after years, because I am playing OG GTA SA again.

Reinstalled anyway, and get a; "license hasn't been activated properly" message.

Nowhere to do anything like buy a key or input a serial key, just says that line, and to contact support under it.

I already did contact support a long time ago, when I bought it, and was able to get it working at that time by doing what was suggested.

It was quite a few years ago, and I just checked Paypal, who were my probable first payment choice if it was available, and they only keep records for 180 days.

I've used Incognito on Chrome, allowed the RESWAD Window through TinyWall, and my AV temporarily snoozed, but still same pop-up every time I start up REWASD.

Yes, I've read a bunch of forum posts and almost everything says to disable stuff I'm fairly sure I already have.

Anything I can do about this to get it working again?
    Attached Files

Hello

Firstly, try to do the following steps:
    - Uninstall reWASD with the "Remove my settings and activation info" option enabled.
    - Restart your PC.
    - Manually delete `c:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\` folder.
    - Download and install these two packages: ASP.NET Core 8.0.4 Runtime and .NET 8.0.4 Desktop Runtime
    - Temporarily disable your firewall and anti-virus apps so they will not interfere with our installer.
    - Download and install the __latest version__ of reWASD from our website or your personal account
    - Restart your PC again.
    - Run reWASD.​

Reinstalling reWASD and some components might help resolve the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X