May not detect if phys is plugged in, but no controller is plugged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May not detect if phys is plugged in, but no controller is plugged in

Multiple controllers detected, but no physical controller is connected to pc. I have made sure that there is only one group, and it correctly identifies my keyboard and mouse. (Razer Huntsman v3 keyboard, and Razer Naga Trinity Mouse) .

I finally got it to work with my Razer Deathstalker keyboard, (don't know how I did really)

Shows 3 controllers in my windows game controllers.
    1) Controller (Razer xbox 360 Controller)
    2) Joystick (Razer Huntsman v3 Pro)
    3) Controller (XBOX 360 for windows)

I'm at my wits end with this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first and second controllers are part of your Razer devices and are unrelated to reWASD.
    Please check the user manual of these devices for more information.

The third controller might be the virtual Xbox 360 created by reWASD.

Please provide a screenshot of reWASD and its group editor with [joy.cpl] visible.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. I hope I did this right, if not just let me know what i need to do.

Thank you again.
      Attached Files

Comment

As I've assumed, the third controller is the virtual Xbox 360 controller created by reWASD. The first two are obviously related to your Razer devices.

I suggest reading the user manual of your Razer devices to understand where those two controllers come from.

Comment

Any ideas on what to do to get rewasd to work?

They keyboard actually allows for binding keys as a controller. I think that might be one of those.

Comment

Virtual Xbox 360 controller is listed in [joy.cpl] tool, so reWASD is already working.
            I assume the issue is games ignoring this controller and using the Razer Xbox 360 instead.

You can try setting the virtual Xbox 360 as a preferred controller in [joy.cpl] tool by clicking the [Advanced] button and selecting it.

Another way would be disabling Razer controllers via their native software or Windows Device Manager.

Comment

Very nice, I will give that a try.
              I already tried making the virtual 360 controller primary, that didn't work. I'll try the other steps ASAP, and let you know the results.

Comment

Ok found a fix, thanks to you.

I did both, at the same time and this worked

1) went to control panel/device and printers/ selected the Huntsman v3pro/ double click, go to hardware tab and find HID-compliant game controller​ and right click to disable it.

2) went into device manager find XBOX 360 peripherals click that and then disable.

after that the rewasds worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for your help.

The issue was my keyboard having a virtual controller and it was conflicting as you thought. I was not able to turn off the virtual controller in Razer Synapse software, so had to do it this way.

Comment

Working...
                X