Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumble not working on ps4 controller (Bluetooth connection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumble not working on ps4 controller (Bluetooth connection)

I was thinking of buying rewasd but vibration feature is not working even on setup controller page where you can change led settings and testing vibration just before selecting a profile to use.
    I have tested it with ds4windows, and vibration works well in any profile configuration. So, I thought that maybe it's the extra remapping tools or extra drivers since I have PS now installed (it installs a gamepad driver) I had setup a new windows install off my second hard drive, installed the latest rewasd 7.3.0 (only nothing else is installed) but it is still not working. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong I'm using the stock Xbox 360 profile nothing has been changed.

NOTE: On my quest to make vibration work I have found 3 inputs associated with my controller (stock controller without mapping of any kind):
    1 SDL input,
    2 WGInput or HID Input,
    3 Dinput.

of the 3 only SDL input has vibration in fact it shows 3 motor output options the left the right and both of them combined. now i know the problem is not my controller nor is it windows since rumble works on games that support DS4 and works well in Ds4windows even emulators like dolphin.
    games tested with are cuphead, hollow knight, River city girls, etc.
    hardware id of my controller
    HID\{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002054c_PID&09cc
    HID\VID_054C&UP:0001_U:0005
    ​
    I will be using ds4window for a while until a new update comes out my be they might have fixed it by then.

Hello! I tested Rumble with DS4, and it worked well regardless of whether I just connected the controller via Bluetooth or applied a configuration that created a virtual Xbox 360.
    At the moment, I can only suggest trying to uninstall DS4Windows and its driver "vigembus​" (to remove it, I recommend using this tool)

However, I will pass your problem on to our team, and maybe they will find something.

Comment

You cannot instruct me to uninstall DS4WINDOWS since I reinstalled rewasd on a brand-new Windows installation during my second attempt with the appβ€”and it still failed to work ((NO OTHER SOFTWARE WAS INSTALLED)) except ReWASD. I have previously detailed this in my initial post.

Comment

1. Apply the config and check if the vibration of the virtual Xbox works here
        2. If you are using Steam, disable Xbox Extended Feature support in the Steam settings
        3. If there is no vibration even after performing step #2, send us the following information from the system on which you are testing:
        1. Type β€˜msinfo’ in Windows search
        2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
        3. Go to File β†’ Save
        4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Also check if such vibration problems occur when the controller is connected via a wire.​

Comment

The rumble feature functions correctly when connected via USB but does not work over Bluetooth. Attached is the compressed .nfo file for your reference. I encountered an issue where the website refused to upload the .nfo file. Could you confirm if the website has restrictions on uploading .nfo files?”
          Attached Files

Comment

I have no issues with Rumble either. Please apply the config and check the Rumble in this tester. Also, please show us your Rumble settings

Comment

Rumble is not functioning on the Gamepad Tester website. I used the default β€œSwitch to Xbox 360” profile without making any modifications.
              Attached Files

Comment

my controller is a ds4 v.2 CUH-ZCT2E model

Comment

The tester has Vibration option for Xbox 360. I've checked myself. Also, open reWASD rumble settings and check the vibro there

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	43
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	243770
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	41
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	243771​​

Comment

It appears we are having a repetitive conversation; I have tested the site, and the outcome remains unchanged. I've attempted to adjust the reWASD rumble settings to no avail. For those who haven't read the initial post, here's a brief overview of the issue: The rumble feature does not function with reWASD, despite no alterations on my part. I am utilizing the default Switch to Xbox 360 profile provided by the app. Interestingly, the rumble works without reWASD and is operational with DS4Windows. It's great if it works for you πŸ‘, but since it doesn't work for me, I've created this post.

Comment

I understand how it looks from your side, but there is another side of the coin:
                      Our virtual controllers are emulated the same way regardless of how the physical one is connected β€” via USB or Bluetooth. And if you say that there is no problem via USB, then from our side the virtual gamepad works correctly.
                      Perhaps there is some subtlety in how reWASD interacts with your controller or Bluetooth adapter. But in this case, there is little we can do.​

Comment

Well that's disappointing, I guess I will still buy it but I have to ask before I buy is there a way to turn on rewasd mapping using a button shortcut because I can only see a turn off function

Comment

Never mind I found a way.

Comment

The Autodetect feature can auto-apply a config based on the currently focused app.

You can also use the Slots feature to manually switch between up to four configs applied to your device via shortcuts.

Comment

Working...
                            X