Controller recognized as xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller recognized as xbox 360

I bought a nyxi warrior controller, a modern gamecube like controller advertised as usable on pc. Claims to have gyro and has extra buttons like xbox elite back paddles and switch screenshot button. When connected to pc it seems to be recognized by everything as an xbox 360 controller meaning the paddles, switch buttons, and gyro are not mappable and seemingly unrecognized when pressed. Is it possible to change what kind of controller it is recognized as? I sent a message to nyxi support but have not gotten a response and am trying to see if there is any software to help.

Hey there!

Unfortunately, this controller is not supported by reWASD, so it can only be used in reWASD in X-input mode as an Xbox 360 controller.

Additional buttons and the gyroscope are unavailable in this mode. However, you could try the method described in case #30 here.

You can also check the list of supported devices here.

Comment

Third party controllers usually connect to PC 3 way ... Xbox, dualshock4, Switch PRO ... newer one start to connect as DualSense.

Third party controllers will usually target one console and advertise PC compatibility. So they can connect to PC in that console mode and Xinput mode.

In your case ... likely controller was targeted for Nintendo Switch with PC capability. Usually, if you connect these controllers with USB cable ... they will connect is Xinput (meaning no gyro as xbox controllers have no gyro) ... some controllers will be able to switch to Dinput mode while connected by USB cable but few games can recognize Dinput (including rewasd).

These controllers usually use 2.4ghz dongle to connect to PC wirelessly as Xinput.

If you want gyro ... you need to connect to PC through Bluetooth as Switch PRO controller ... read manual how to initiate pairing to Switch (usually pressing Home+Y) ... then on PC you need to pair/connect to it

That's it.

PS. If gyro is what you are after ... Switch clones are not the best ... Switch "protocol" have low polling rate ... 250, if my memory serves me right

PS4 and Dualsense (both support gyro) clones can connect wirelessly at about 800 ... if clones are connected using USB - they will likely connect as Xinput

Real PS4 and Dualsense do 250 over USB... and Dualsense Edge do 1000!!! over USB

Comment

Also ... paddles on third party controllers ... are not recognize by reWASD (unless reWASD specifically say so)

In most cases ... you need to program those buttons using controller itself (read manual) ... some button combination put controller in programming mode - and then you map paddle

Comment

Working...
        X