Questions about multi-controller support and a technical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about multi-controller support and a technical issue

I recently downloaded and started using the demo version of reWASD, so I have a basic understanding of its functionality. I own a wide variety of controllers for my PC, including:
    Bluetooth N64, DualShock 4, Xbox Series, four different 8BitDo controllers (both wireless and Bluetooth, Four Wii Remotes, Genesis controllers, etc.

My primary goal is to find software that allows me to seamlessly switch between these controllers in Windows, depending on the game I am playing. Ideally, I would like the software to automatically switch controllers based on the program I am using. However, if I need to manually switch controllers within reWASD each time, that is still acceptable and a significant improvement over the default Windows setup.

My main question is: Does reWASD support this kind of functionality?
    Additionally, I have a question about the advertised feature that offers four additional mapping layouts. Does this mean that each controller can have four unique layouts, or does it imply that reWASD will only recognize a total of four controllers, even if they all use the default layout? I need to determine if this software will meet my requirements before purchasing a license.

Technical Issue:
    I encountered an issue with my DualShock 4 controller. After using it via Bluetooth, I connected it to my PC with a cable to charge. reWASD then created a second profile for the DualShock 4. Later, when I disconnected the controller after it finished charging, reWASD added a third profile for the same controller.
    Is there a way to prevent reWASD from creating multiple profiles for the same controller? I would prefer to have only one profile for my DualShock 4. Additionally, I am receiving low battery warnings for the DualShock 4 even when it is plugged in and fully charged. I suspect that reWASD is detecting the non-existent Bluetooth profile and showing the low battery status, while also recognizing the controller as plugged in and usable.

I appreciate any assistance or insights you can provide regarding these questions and issues.

You can apply configs to your controllers via Autodetect.
    So, depending on the application that is in focus, reWASD will switch active devices and configs for them.

You can find a description of the 4 slots feature here.

However, I'm not sure that I understood your technical question. Perhaps it would be clearer if you recorded a video.​

Comment

Working...
    X