ROG Chakram X not seen as gamepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROG Chakram X not seen as gamepad

ROG Chakram X Origin wireless RGB gaming mouse with 36,000 dpi ROG AimPoint optical sensor, 8000 Hz polling rate, tri-mode connectivity (2.4 GHz/ Bluetooth/ wired), 11 programmable buttons, an analog joystick, and Push-Fit Switch Socket II for both 3-pin mechanical and 5-pin optical micro-switches

When set to profile 3 in its software, it can emulate a gamepad. Windows can see the mouse's joystick and buttons as a gamepad— how might reWASD see it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-10 205356.png
Views:	89
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	243890Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-10 205543.png
Views:	48
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	243891

At present, I can't get it to remap anything. I find, I can't get it to remap any mouse, with or without manufacturer software installed (Asus Armoury Crate, Logi Options, etc.) This mouse does have onboard memory.

Hey there!

As we can see, the device's native software emulates an unknown custom device (it does not show up as an Xbox 360 or another controller). Therefore, unfortunately, this device will not appear in reWASD. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee that it will work correctly with reWASD or in games, so we recommend using and remapping your mouse as a regular mouse.

Comment

Upon further investigation, reWASD can indeed see the device, but it's unsupported. I'm curious to learn how this website can see all its input— joystick and buttons do work. I'm currently experimenting with Steam as a passthrough entity for remapping. GlosSI is my current hope, but it appears to have some dependency problems, and the latest build isn't readily compiled.

To clarify my usage, I'm not using it in games but presently just in Windows and Pro Tools. (to note, the software works VERY well with PlayStation Navigation controller, despite not being able to make scroll wheel + key combinations)

(edited to add)

At the very least, I can now map arrow and numpad keys to be intercepted and muted. It is my hope that sometime in the future, joystick functionality might be exposed. JoyToKey can see and work with it, but its feature set isn't as robust as reWASD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-11 135255.png Views:	2 Size:	339.9 KB ID:	243896
      Last edited by Dave LeDev; 12.09.2024, 03:22.

Comment

Working...
      X