Question about stick mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about stick mapping

I’ve been playing Flash Party lately, and I want to set up a combo mapping for the right joystick. The function of this macro is that when I push the right joystick up, it will also push the left joystick up while pressing the shoulder button, thus executing a combination key function. This macro works fine when I’m not using the left joystick. However, as soon as I use the left joystick, for example, pushing it to the right, I notice that in the game it registers as pushing the left joystick to the right while pressing the shoulder button.

I checked the joystick changes on Gamepad Tester, and I found that when I push the left joystick while executing this macro, there’s a frame where the joystick suddenly moves up a bit and then quickly changes back to the direction of the left joystick.

I want the priority of this macro to be higher than that of the left joystick; at least it should complete as I’ve set it. I actually encountered this problem before when I was setting up a key macro instead of a joystick macro. For the key macros, I was able to shift layers, and I could create a new layer and mute left joystick , so that pushing the left joystick would not have any effect. That solved the problem at that time. However, the issue is that the right joystick cannot shift layers, and all the other buttons on my gamepad are already assigned functions. I’d like to ask if there is any solution to this problem.

My English isn’t great, so I’m not sure if I’ve explained it clearly. This issue has troubled me for a long time, and I hope to find a solution. I really enjoy using Rewasd.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a priority for stick mappings in reWASD, and any stick movement will override deflections set with [Absolute Stick nodes].

We suggest using the [Relative deflection node] instead of the absolute one in your [Combo]. It will add to the current stick deflection.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a priority for stick mappings in reWASD, and any stick movement will override deflections set with [Absolute Stick nodes].

We suggest using the [Relative deflection node] instead of the absolute one in your [Combo]. It will add to the current stick deflection.
      I’ve also tried using the [Relative Deflection Node], but it overlaps with my left joystick actions. For example, if I set a 100% upward deflection and push the left joystick to the right, it results in a diagonal upward-right push 😢. However, what I need is a pure upward push command. Is there any other solution for this, or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Another solution would be to use another Shift layer where the left stick would be Muted. But you can't remap a stick zone or direction to a shift layer changer, so you won't be able to use "pull the right stick up" as a trigger.

Comment

Working...
        X