Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse support for the Kensington SlimBlade Pro Trackball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sophia2005
    replied
    Originally Posted by k4in_5037 View Post
    After some back and forth with support via email turns out the issue was on my instance of reWASD and the issue was resolved with the option to clear data in Preferences → General, after restarting reWASD the 2.4GHz device appeared as uninitialized and let me select "Mouse with programmable buttons", before clearing data it was detected as keyboard only with no option to re-initialize, After that its working as expected and remapping works.
    Monkey Mart Game
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-22 162259.png Views:	96 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	244886
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-22 162555.png Views:	81 Size:	709.9 KB ID:	244887

    So this is sorted out now, I feel a bit silly, but now I know to try clearing the data first if I get a weird hardware issue.
    I had the same problem as you – the 2.4GHz device was only recognized as a keyboard and could not be reinitialized. After trying many ways, I also solved it by clearing the data in Preferences → General, as you said. After restarting reWASD, the device appeared as uninitialized, and I could select "Mouse with programmable buttons". From then on, everything worked normally. Thanks for sharing, now I also know this trick to handle it quickly if it happens again!
    Last edited by sophia2005; 17.05.2025, 11:45.

    Leave a comment:


  • k4in_5037
    replied
    After some back and forth with support via email turns out the issue was on my instance of reWASD and the issue was resolved with the option to clear data in Preferences → General, after restarting reWASD the 2.4GHz device appeared as uninitialized and let me select "Mouse with programmable buttons", before clearing data it was detected as keyboard only with no option to re-initialize, After that its working as expected and remapping works.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-22 162259.png
Views:	423
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	244886
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-22 162555.png
Views:	399
Size:	709.9 KB
ID:	244887

    So this is sorted out now, I feel a bit silly but now I know to try clearing the data first if I get a weird hardware issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Support Agent
    replied
    Yes, disconnect the dongle.

    Leave a comment:


  • k4in_5037
    replied
    I'll do that, just a question, when you say disconnect the device, you mean unplug the 2.4GHz dongle? Because that is the 2.4GHz receiver in my screenshot and always shows as connected regardless if the trackball is on in wireless mode or off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Support Agent
    replied
    Please collect Standard Logs: disconnect the device, start logs, connect the device, let reWASD recognize and add it, then stop the logs.

    Send the logs to [help@rewasd.com] with a link to this thread. If not sure which ones to send - ZIP up and send us the [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\] folder.

    Leave a comment:


  • k4in_5037
    replied
    Yes it does.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1ncorrect
    replied
    Hi.
    Does this device work as a mouse in Windows when connected via 2.4Ghz?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mouse support for the Kensington SlimBlade Pro Trackball

    I got myself the Kensington SlimBlade Pro trackball, and as I do with any new input device I checked it in reWASD, you can connect this device via wire, 2.4GHz dongle or bluetooth.
    Wired works fine and you get to select what type of device is (the screen with "keyboard with touchpad" or "mouse with programable buttons").

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-21 005706.png
Views:	567
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	244873

    Bluetooth appears as a generic BLE Mouse, so it has basic mouse remapping functionality.

    However in 2.4GHz mode only shows as keyboard with no option to change it

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2025-01-21 005912.png
Views:	425
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	244874

    This is with latest reWASD version 9.0.0 and windows 10.
    It would be nice if support for the 2.4GHz wireless mode could be added.
Working...
X