Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller TURN OFF by its own WHILE USING it WIRELESSly (Xbox Elite Controller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller TURN OFF by its own WHILE USING it WIRELESSly (Xbox Elite Controller)

Normally controller turn OFF by its own if INACTIVE for like 15 mins. But this happens when controller is in use & when rewasd config is applied & enabled. I already set to never TURN OFF/SLEEP in steam big picture mode, but that doesn't fix the issue...

I think this happens because my PC or any app that control/monitor the controller thinks the controller is not TOUCH/INACTIVE for a long time...

Any suggestions? (If connected using cable of course, the controller has no issue)

Hello,

I think that problem more related to the controller, like it doesn't use physically like you don't press physical buttons reporting in the system because the virtual controller is used (apparently you have virtual mapping), the controller turns off itself because of timing.

We will fix it next release for sure.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I see, hope it fix on next release or my wireless dongle is just useless

Comment

Hello, I am having the same issue, too.

I have the Xbox One Pro controller and after about 15 minutes (I will time it and see if it's exact) it will turn off.

This only started after I installed reWASD and I have even replaced the batteries 3x now, and it is still happening.

I will be in the middle of playing a game, and all of a sudden, BOOM, the controller turns off, even though it's been constantly in-use and being pressed.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is how Elite controller driver behavior. It doesn't detect the button presses, because of the virtual controller using (switching from physical to virtual in your configs) to the virtual controller. We have some ideas on how to fix this and hope to add it to one of the next releases.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
            Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is how Elite controller driver behavior. It doesn't detect the button presses, because of the virtual controller using (switching from physical to virtual in your configs) to the virtual controller. We have some ideas on how to fix this and hope to add it to one of the next releases.
            When I used reWASD last year this never happened. Is this a new bug?

Comment

Originally Posted by Naxia View Post
              When I used reWASD last year this never happened. Is this a new bug?
              No, seems that now you have started using Virtual Xbox controller or you have unmapped your controller manually. The system doesn't get any presses from the physical controller and that is why it switches off. It is how native dongle works, and any other software that allows unmapping the whole controller will do the same. But no worries, we have found the solution, and it is coming to reWASD 4.0.2. Stay tuned, the updated version will be released in a few days.

Comment

Hello!

I am happy to inform you that we have fixed this issue. You are welcome to try reWASD 4.0.2 that has been released today. Hope it will be the last misunderstanding you experience with reWASD

Comment

I am having this issue (

Comment

Originally Posted by mnaumnaumnau View Post
                    I am having this issue (
                    Have you turned off the Controller shutdown in Steam and reWASD?

Comment

For me personally ... using DualSense ... even turning controller shutdown in Steam did not work ... I have to disable Steam Input completely

If your rewasd mapping only maps controller to keyboard ... then Steam thinks controller is not beeing used and shuts it off.

Comment

Now that I think about it, the trick that did for me was to blacklist the controller in Steam (disabling Steam Input did not work for me).

What work for me was to create "controller_blacklist" entry in config.vdf ... more details in link below

How to disable (absolutely) steam controller support? :: Help and Tips (steamcommunity.com)

Comment

Working...
                        X