• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthem Laggy Camera

Hi,

System : Win 10 (Intel, NVidia)
    Game : Anthem
    Controller : Elite
    reWASD : Trial version, Basic remap for test.

Unusable : When a button is held down (Aim, Fly, etc.) the Left Stick Camera Movement is laggy... Is that normal ?
    PS : works fine without reWASD.

Merci.

Hello!

We need to check it in the game to understand what is going wrong. I will contact you back once we find the reason.

In the meantime, could you please show which mappings do you have? Are you trying to add keyboard actions or are you using the virtual controller? It would be great if you send the config file you got. Your config files are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles

UPD: you may send the config file to hi@rewasd.com email address.

Comment

No Keyboard actions, or weird things, just a simple 'paddles remap'.

Code:
      {
        "schemaVersion": 3.0,
        "appVersion": "4.0.2",
        "config": {
          "appName": "Anthem",
          "comment": "Custom configuration to play Anthem game"
        },
        "devices": {
          "hardware": [
            {
              "id": 1,
              "name": "gamepad"
            }
          ]
        },
        "masks": [
          {
            "id": 1,
            "set": [
              {
                "deviceId": 1,
                "buttonId": 29,
                "description": "XB: BtnLeftUpperPaddle"
              }
            ]
          },
          {
            "id": 2,
            "set": [
              {
                "buttonId": 30,
                "description": "XB: BtnRightUpperPaddle"
              }
            ]
          }
        ],
        "mappings": [
          {
            "condition": {
              "hardware": {
                "buttonId": 29,
                "description": "XB: BtnLeftUpperPaddle"
              }
            },
              "buttonId": 9,
              "description": "XB: BtnLeftStick / DS4: L3"
            }
          },
          {
            "condition": {
                "buttonId": 30,
                "description": "XB: BtnRightUpperPaddle"
              }
            },
              "buttonId": 1,
              "description": "XB: A / DS4: Cross / SwitchPro: B"
            }
          }
        ]
      }

Comment

PS : tested reWASD in Killing Floor 2 ... works fine.

Comment

Thanks for the config file. Will get back to you as soon as possible after checking the game.

In the meantime, could you please go to Advanced stick settings and try to tune "Response curve". reWASD has set it to the default one but maybe the game requires something else?
          Also, could you please specify "laggy movement"? Is it too fast or something like that?

Comment

Response curve : Tested, no effect. And the Camera stick view works fine if there is no held button so the "Response Curve" seems ok.
            Weird thing : It only happens in mission, the view is fine in the base camp.
            Laggy movement : I mean jerky scrolling, feels like 15fps.
            But I don't want to bother you, if you test it with no problem : fine. Just another mysterious windows thing.

Comment

Yep, sounds truly mysterious.

Will try to help!

Comment

Hello!

We have tested Anthem finally, but there's nothing special about its camera with or without reWASD. We've tried both: using the native controller or remapping it to the virtual one. I would kindly ask you to update reWASD (reWASD 4.1 has been releaased today ) and try the game again. Hope this was a temporary issue.

Comment

Yep, 4.1 works fine with Anthem, no more 'double mapping lag'. But now Dauntless doesn't work anymore '--.

Comment

Originally Posted by alienael View Post
                    Yep, 4.1 works fine with Anthem, no more 'double mapping lag'. But now Dauntless doesn't work anymore '--.
                    Hm, good and not that good.

How do you use reWASD for Dauntless? Which mappings do you have and what exactly is not working in the game?

Comment

I tried all kind of mapping, nothing works (except sticks wasd+mouse). The game see I pressed a button (I can see the controller help key swap from keyboard help key) but nothing happen.
                      PS: the controller is working fine for joy.cpl (Virtual... for reWASD), tried with Switch controller Pro and Elite controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by alienael View Post
                        I tried all kind of mapping, nothing works (except sticks wasd+mouse). The game see I pressed a button (I can see the controller help key swap from keyboard help key) but nothing happen.
                        PS: the controller is working fine for joy.cpl (Virtual... for reWASD), tried with Switch controller Pro and Elite controller.
                        Have just checked the game and everything seems to be OK. I've tested it with Joy-Con pair (pretty close to Switch Pro controller you have). Here is my config with the only one button (Home) remapped to Xbox button of the virtual controller. Also, it is important, I've checked to hide the physical controller on Apply:

Click image for larger version

Name:	85089f0995.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	200009

Once in game, it detects the movements of the virtual controller and works pretty flawlessly. However, it is better to turn the remap on before you enter the game or reload it if it's not detecting the virtual inputs.

Could you please try again or describe the config you want to create for this game?

There's also one thing that may cause the issues on your side: try to use only one controller connected in the system with this game. It may not understand which one should be on if both are connected.

Comment

Ok my bad, it works after some reboots.

Just to let you know, my problem was :
                          If I keep all controller : Gamepad mapping work but reWASD mapping don't work.
                          If I hide Physical gamepad : no response.
                          BUT if I Alt/Tab x2, reWASD mapping work when I press a button until I press a second button... then no response. Oo

PS : There is something I don't understand, If I hide physical Gamepad, why are Gamepad mappings still working ?

Comment

Great that it works now!

If you hide the gamepad, your physical one does disappear from the system, but all gamepad mappings you added now work on the virtual one. So, if you add Right-Stick-Click, for example, to your paddle and then hide the controller, then when you press the paddle, Right-Stick-Click of the virtual gamepad fires.

Comment

Working...
                            X