Mouse Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Stuttering

In version reWASD 4.1 when we use mouse emulation on stick (unmap or not unmap) mouse movement has something like micro stuttering. In wersion reWASD 3.2 mouse movement works smoothly.
    Same effect is on win7 and win10, wireless and wired, physical gamepad and Virtal Xbox 360 for reWASD, on xbox one and xbox one elite controller. The previous version 4.02 also had a problem. The effect is visible on the desktop and in the game.

Hello!

Could you please send us a video of what do you see with your mouse?

We haven't experienced any issues yet, so we will be grateful for more details from you.

Comment

In the movie from rewasd version 4.1, the movement of the mouse is like jerky several times on the length of the screen.
      https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/eT7dhvBW/file.html

In the movie from rewasd version 3.2, the movement of the mouse is uniform and smoothly.
      https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/Hn5LWOhP/file.html

Comment

Thanks for your videos. We will investigate this case deeply and I'll get back to you with our findings.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nirpo View Post
          In version reWASD 4.1 when we use mouse emulation on stick (unmap or not unmap) mouse movement has something like micro stuttering. In wersion reWASD 3.2 mouse movement works smoothly.
          Same effect is on win7 and win10, wireless and wired, physical gamepad and Virtal Xbox 360 for reWASD, on xbox one and xbox one elite controller. The previous version 4.02 also had a problem. The effect is visible on the desktop and in the game.
          Hello! Today we have released reWASD 4.1.1 version in which the mouse emulation was reworked massively. We would be grateful if you try it to see whether it helps with mouse stuttering you experienced before.

Comment

Thanks alot for your work. Now in reWASD 4.1.1 the movement of the mouse is good - uniform and smoothly.

But I noticed a small issue - mouse movement sometimes locks when we pass the x or y axis.
            In this situation, despite stick inclination, mouse movement can not pass through the axis, but it can move along the axis. To unlock the movement of the mouse, you have to stop stick inclination.

Mouse movement locks only when we choose Custom Response and we will change the curve.
            If we change: vertical and horizontal axis range to zero. and will reduce dead zone, the effect can be appear more often.
            Mouse movement locks usually appears during slow opposing movements with a small deflection of the stick.
            To notice this issues, you need a little patience, because, for the most part of the time, the movement of mouse is good.
            This problem occurs on the xbox one and xbox one elite controller.

Times of the mouse movement locks on the x and y axis on the following example video:
            Y-axis 5s-21s,
            X-axis 35s-45s,
            Y-axis 2m30s-2m42s
            X-axis 2m50s-2m59s
            Y-axis 2m59s-3:04s

Comment

Originally Posted by Nirpo View Post
              Thanks alot for your work. Now in reWASD 4.1.1 the movement of the mouse is good - uniform and smoothly.

But I noticed a small issue - mouse movement sometimes locks when we pass the x or y axis.
              In this situation, despite stick inclination, mouse movement can not pass through the axis, but it can move along the axis. To unlock the movement of the mouse, you have to stop stick inclination.

Mouse movement locks only when we choose Custom Response and we will change the curve.
              If we change: vertical and horizontal axis range to zero. and will reduce dead zone, the effect can be appear more often.
              Mouse movement locks usually appears during slow opposing movements with a small deflection of the stick.
              To notice this issues, you need a little patience, because, for the most part of the time, the movement of mouse is good.
              This problem occurs on the xbox one and xbox one elite controller.

Times of the mouse movement locks on the x and y axis on the following example video:
              Y-axis 5s-21s,
              X-axis 35s-45s,
              Y-axis 2m30s-2m42s
              X-axis 2m50s-2m59s
              Y-axis 2m59s-3:04s
              https://www108.zippyshare.com/v/RWUdpOvq/file.html
              Hello! Thanks a lot for the feedback. Yep, seems I've reproduced the case you mention but it's pretty strange how it may happen. We will investigate it deeply, and I'll be back to you once we find something.

Comment

Hello!

I'm sorry for my late reply. After long investigate, we have reproduced the issue with stuck mouse movement and have found how to fix this. I would be grateful if you could install the custom build with this fix and try it in action. Thanks for reporting this issue. That was truly a tricky one

I've sent the link to the build in the private message.

Comment

Thanks. Now in version 411-0998 mouse movement is good, and it does not lock on the any axis.

But one more thing. In version reWASD 3.2 maximum mouse sensitivity is almost twice as fast as in current versions.
                  When we use reWASD on standard mouse sensitivity in game settings, this is not a problem. But if in the game we lower the sensitivity of the mouse to get smoother movement, then the maximum speed is a bit slow speed.
                  This effect, you can compare the ordinary mouse. Increase the DPI of the mouse (increase sensitivity in reWASD) and lower the sensitivity in the game or the settings of the windows mouse.
                  The problem mainly concerns slow mouse movements compared to slow pad movements. In the case of the gamepad, even very slow movement is smooth.
                  More about this in the link:

Lowering the sensitivity in the game will not smooth the very slow movement, but the slow movement smoothes quite well.
                  Comparison of the mouse's standard and low sensitivity in Mirror's Edge:

Mouse emulation movement:
                  3s-9s Normal sensitivity in game and fast move
                  9s-38s Normal sensitivity in game and slow move
                  38s-59s Low sensitivity in game and fast move
                  59s-1m35s Low sensitivity in game and slow move
                  1m47s-2m35s Low sensitivity in game and very slow move
                  Gamepad movement:
                  2m36s-3m11s Very slow gamepad x-input move

I wonder if it is possible to set that with very slow movements the mouse refreshing would not drop below 60 hz, for example, and whether this is all the reason for this effect with very slow movements in game.
                  In the video below you can see that, at low refresh at around 15 Hz, the mouse is working a bit by leaps.

Link: Mouse Rate Checker

But overall, mouse emulation in this version works very well.

Comment

Thanks for testing and letting us know!

Will check the sensitivity adjustment deeply, and I'll be back to you with our findings.

Comment

Working...
                    X