Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReWASD is better than hardware controller mappers, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReWASD is better than hardware controller mappers, but....

After enjoying ReWASD for pc gaming with controller, I thought I'd take the next step and buy hardware remappers. I bought a Cronusmax (which worked and then broke) and then a Titan Two.

While these dongles are very powerful, you need to learn how to code in the programming language to set them up, which is tricky, but the have a lot of functuionality that I don't believe rewasd has.

For example you can set up if-then logic, so if pressing up and shoot, press crouch, but only if aim down sights is not pressed. You can also set up things like autofire but only for some weapons and not others, with easy shortcuts to switch profile.

However, after using them in Destiny 2, my k/d went down and I couldn't work out why.

For me it seems that Rewasd is just less laggy and more precise, even with the same setup, in competitive gameplay ReWASD just worked better, I can't put my finger on why.

I am selling to Titan Two to stick with ReWASD. I just wish that there was a bit more power for programming macros with logic.

Th Cronusmax software has graphic based logic builders called "Blockly" where you hav drag and drop icons to create complex instruction sets, this is very cool but may be too hard to set up with ReWASD.

Anyway, great software and keep the updates coming.

Hello!

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to see new ideas and suggestions to make our app even better. We develop reWASD constantly and have many new things to add to its functionality, so with each release it becomes more and more powerful.

Some things you mentioned in the post are already implemented in reWASD, but they look a bit different. I'm sure Cronusmax has a great software but this is not the one that inspires our team. That is why the things usual for you may differ in our app.
    Let's say, you want to press "up" (dpad-up?) and "shoot" (right trigger?) and once them both pressed, you need "crouch" (B?) to be executed. This is a thing you may create with Shortcuts. Set "Up" + "Trigger" to be mapped to B (from the virtual controller), and once you press those two buttons, you won't shoot, but will crouch. You need this shortcut to be stopped when there is one more button? Well, you need a 3-button shortcut then. It should be mapped to "aim" (left trigger?).

We are going to improve our Combos for sure, and hope that one day you will be able to find everything you need in reWASD

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Thank you for the feedback. We are always happy to see new ideas and suggestions to make our app even better. We develop reWASD constantly and have many new things to add to its functionality, so with each release it becomes more and more powerful.

Some things you mentioned in the post are already implemented in reWASD, but they look a bit different. I'm sure Cronusmax has a great software but this is not the one that inspires our team. That is why the things usual for you may differ in our app.
      Let's say, you want to press "up" (dpad-up?) and "shoot" (right trigger?) and once them both pressed, you need "crouch" (B?) to be executed. This is a thing you may create with Shortcuts. Set "Up" + "Trigger" to be mapped to B (from the virtual controller), and once you press those two buttons, you won't shoot, but will crouch. You need this shortcut to be stopped when there is one more button? Well, you need a 3-button shortcut then. It should be mapped to "aim" (left trigger?).

We are going to improve our Combos for sure, and hope that one day you will be able to find everything you need in reWASD
      Thanks for the message.

There are a few things I am trying to achieve with my Rewasd build, and I would like your comment on this or ways to improve and if I have done it right.

- So far I have sensitivity to drop from normal movement on the right stick to slow down to 85% when pressing either the left trigger to aim and then shoot, or when hipfiring with the right trigger.

- I have rapid fire for melee on the right stick.

- I have left bumper and left stick swapped.

- I have a macro to execute sprint, hold and melee with a double click left bumper (Titan Melee on Destiny 2).

- I have Profile 1 set to single shot on right trigger pull, and Profile 2 set to turbo fire, and switch between them using the xbox elite profile button. - I see there is a shortcut using two bumpers and another button, is there a customisable way of switching profile that I can programme instead of the two button press and another button, e.g. up on dpad to switch profile?

- I will see if I can make the crouch shoot thing work, but I'm no sure I can make it do what I want.

- I assume I can't set rapid fire to toggle based on which weapon I have selected?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
        Thanks for the message.

There are a few things I am trying to achieve with my Rewasd build, and I would like your comment on this or ways to improve and if I have done it right.

- So far I have sensitivity to drop from normal movement on the right stick to slow down to 85% when pressing either the left trigger to aim and then shoot, or when hipfiring with the right trigger.

- I have rapid fire for melee on the right stick.

- I have left bumper and left stick swapped.

- I have a macro to execute sprint, hold and melee with a double click left bumper (Titan Melee on Destiny 2).

- I have Profile 1 set to single shot on right trigger pull, and Profile 2 set to turbo fire, and switch between them using the xbox elite profile button. - I see there is a shortcut using two bumpers and another button, is there a customisable way of switching profile that I can programme instead of the two button press and another button, e.g. up on dpad to switch profile?

- I will see if I can make the crouch shoot thing work, but I'm no sure I can make it do what I want.

- I assume I can't set rapid fire to toggle based on which weapon I have selected?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi thanks for reply.

Yes I have worked out how to change the mapping with three shortcut keys, I am using LT+RT+Dpad up for profile one, and LT+RT+Dpad down for profile two. Would it be possible in future to make this two keys as once instead of 3? I assume you have set it to three so people don't accidentally change, but if you could allow it to be two keys or three, it is up to the user to set it up for themself, I would much prefer a two key shortcut, e.g. LT and Dpad up. I will try the toggle shift however, this may work nicely.

For switching weapons, and assigning rapid fire to one weapon, it would be possible in games that allow keyboard and gamepad controls at once using a specific key, but in destiny it is a toggle and/or a long press and it would get out of sync easily so this cannot work unfortunately.

I have fixed my crouch shoot, by a double click LT/aim. This is PERFECT as it lets me slide into an aim by tap-hold. I am very happy with this.

I will report back. Your software is really great. Keep it up.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks a lot for trying and exploring reWASD features. Yep, we have lots of other thing to do, so hope there will be even more possibilities in upcoming versions.

We will try to find how to set rapid fire for the specific weapon in Destiny, and I'll be back to you once we find something.

Comment

Working...
            X