reWASD not launching after latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD not launching after latest update

I had reinstalled (and subsequently purchased) reWASD for the first time about a week ago. I got an email about the latest update, so I checked for updates in-client. It updated, and told me to restart my computer. Now, I can't launch the program at all. I've tried restarting again and a bunch of other things, but I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall because I don't want to lose the config I set up, and cannot find where they are located on my system to back them up. When trying to launch, I get about a half a second of a loading icon, and then nothing.

Am on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1809, OS build 17763.437.

Hello,
    The config files store this directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles, so you may always backup them. As for the main problem. Therefore, please
    remove the reWASD, reboot PC (not power off, but exact the reboot) and install the latest ver. 4.1.1 from the scratch.

Please let us know if the problem persists.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I have this same problem. I installed the application fresh. When I launch, I see "please connect gamepad" in the corner. My Xbox One controller is connected and without installing any drivers, all other applications recognize it just fine.

Then I also get the error pop-up:
      "Gamepad mapping service is not installed. Some functions are unavailable. Please install the mapping service before using reWASD."

So I click INSTALL, and then get the next pop-up error:
      "Failed to install with Error:-1"

This is a pretty poor user experience. I have no way to use the software I just bought, and there is no actionable messaging around why or what steps I should take next. Please help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Porkue View Post
        I have this same problem. I installed the application fresh. When I launch, I see "please connect gamepad" in the corner. My Xbox One controller is connected and without installing any drivers, all other applications recognize it just fine.

Then I also get the error pop-up:
        "Gamepad mapping service is not installed. Some functions are unavailable. Please install the mapping service before using reWASD."

So I click INSTALL, and then get the next pop-up error:
        "Failed to install with Error:-1"

This is a pretty poor user experience. I have no way to use the software I just bought, and there is no actionable messaging around why or what steps I should take next. Please help.
        Hello! Could you please go to C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\Logs folder and check whether you the following files:
        - REWASD_driver_setup.etl
        - REWASD_service_setup.etl

Please send those files to me. They will help us understand why this error is happening. You may use hi@rewasd.com email for logs if it more convenient for you.

Then, please, reinstall reWASD from scratch: uninstall it - reboot your PC - install again - reboot one more time.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

I have reinstalled from scratch as directed, but that did not resolve the issue. I also emailed the requested files. Please advise, thank you again.

Comment

I have reinstalled from scratch as directed, but that did not resolve the issue. I also emailed the requested files. Please advise, thank you again.
            Hello! Thanks for the logs, got them!

Seems that something went wrong in the system with driver installation, but here are some tricky steps for totally clean re-installation that should help.
            1. Run "Command Promt" (cmd.exe) as administrator. You need to type "cmd.exe" in the Windows taskbar search. Once it is found, right-click it and choose "run as administrator" option
            2. Switch to reWASD folder. Type cd "C:\Program Files\reWASD" and press Enter
            3. Type reWASDService.exe -drvuninstall and press Enter
            4. Restart your PC Repeat 1-2 steps again
            5. Type reWASDService.exe -uninstall
            6. Manually remove "C:\Program Files\reWASD" folder
            7. Restart your PC again
            8. Then please install the new version downloaded from reWASD.com. You will need one more reboot after the installation.

Comment

There is also a chance that something is blocking reWASD driver installation. I would kindly ask you to try disable your antivirus app while you install reWASD again.

Comment

Thanks again for the reply. Unfortunately, I tried those steps, but I received "access denied" when trying to uninstall via the command prompt (even when running as admin).

I used the control panel to uninstall the app anyway, then manually deleted the folders in the Program Files and Program Data folders.

Then I reinstalled via the installer by running that as admin, but still no luck. Right back where I started.

Comment

I tried to disable anti-virus, but I'm in an enterprise environment where that is handled by the organization.

Comment

Hm, if you got access denied error for driver installation or uninstallation, this is actually the reason why you can't install reWASD properly. reWASD is a driver-based software and it won't work either way. This error may occur if you do not have enough permissions or if it is blocked by antivirus. Unfortunately, you will need to contact the organization admins to solve the issue, because it seems we can't help you from our side.

Comment

OK, I appreciate your help. I'll poke at my own org to see what we can come up with.

Comment

OK, I appreciate your help. I'll poke at my own org to see what we can come up with.
                        Thanks a lot. Hope you will get it work soon

Comment

Working...
                        X