Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grab your Christmas gift — reWASD 5.6.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I am not sure if anything is possible to do here. reWASD doesn't interfere with on-board memory neither for Azeron, nor for any other gamepad. So, reWASD should be running on the second PC you have. You can clone all your configs from the main machine and apply when you switch to the small one. By default, your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD and you can change this path from Preferences -> My data tab.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      reWASD doesn't interfere with on-board memory neither for Azeron, nor for any other gamepad.
      I didn't think this was going to be possible. Many thanks for your time and help.

Comment

You are always welcome!

Comment

Thank you.

Yet another, hopefully brief, question that's just occurred to me. Is there such a thing as "Global" settings for a controller type?

As in with the Azeron I'm always going to have the joystick angle set the same in every profile, and with the Steam controller and the upcoming trackball mouse mode, once I get that set to suit then I'll use the same setting in all profiles that use this input.

So just curious if there's anyway of having some adjusted / custom settings that can be simply selected and applied from a menu instead of having to set them up each time for different profiles on the same controller, or is it best to set up a "template" profile for each controller with these settings set as required and then copy that template to make each new profile from?

Comment

You can go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles and copy the file you have, then you can just export this file again to reWASD and rename it to make config similar to this one so you don't start from scratch.

Comment

That's an interesting idea to be able to create a template(s) for your needs. Frankly speaking, this one has been being raised in our team several times, but we haven't implemented it yet. Stay tuned, with each release, we are working on you new things to make reWASD better

Comment

Cool... At the moment I've just been making a spare setup(s) with labels to indicate what's for what so I've got something to work with.

With the "import new config button", on first use, if the user hasn't already used it and got a folder to import from, could it open in the reWASD profiles folder instead of windows\system32, and any specific need for you to use the \public\documents instead of the %user%\documents, simply because I have my documents etc backed-up with onedrive and because this isn't in that folder it doesn't get saved to onedrive (plus I like to keep everything in a single documents folder and not spread out amongst multiple folders) and it just seems strange to use a documents folder that isn't accessed from the normal documents link.

One other question as I don't want to mess up your forum layout (owned my own vBulletin's forums in the past and I know it can be frustrating ) where's best for me to ask these odd questions? As it doesn't feel right creating a new thread every time for what might well be a 2 post thread of just question & answer, but I appreciate it can make it easier to find a question again in the future if required.

Comment

With the "import new config button", on first use, if the user hasn't already used it and got a folder to import from, could it open in the reWASD profiles folder instead of windows\system32
                  This seems to be the default Windows behavior for the open dialogs, but yes, we could add another folder to be the first one. Thanks for the suggestion!
                  By the way, you can also import files by double-clicking on them, no need to open this dialog. Maybe this way will be more convenient for you at the moment.

any specific need for you to use the \public\documents instead of the %user%\documents
                  We just thought that it will be convenient to store all the configs regardless of the logged user You can change the folder anytime from Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right) -> My data tab.

where's best for me to ask these odd questions?
                  You can choose any channel you like, no worries If you do not want to add new threads, you can send questions to me using DM here or use our Discord or Facebook online chats. Also, a few other links for you: official email and contact form for the tech support.

Comment

This seems to be the default Windows behavior for the open dialogs, but yes, we could add another folder to be the first one. Thanks for the suggestion!
                    By the way, you can also import files by double-clicking on them, no need to open this dialog. Maybe this way will be more convenient for you at the moment.
                    That's handy info regards the double clicking cheers, The import button and dialogue work perfectly for me, it was more a suggestion to help new users so that they are presented with a folder that has profiles straight away and they get to know where the default location for the profiles are as well.

Didn't realise this was a Windows default location, hence why it seemed a very strange folder to choose to start in, but it wasn't a choice after all....that's a weird folder for windows to use as a default. Still I've never accused MIcrosoft of being logical all the time

We just thought that it will be convenient to store all the configs regardless of the logged user You can change the folder anytime from Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right) -> My data tab.
                    That's an extremely good point that I have to hold my hand up and admit that it never even occurred to me about having multiple users on a single PC, one of the downsides to being an older hermit due to life and disabilities...and makes complete sense now ... I'll go and quietly change my folder in a minute.

You can choose any channel you like, no worries If you do not want to add new threads, you can send questions to me using DM here or use our Discord or Facebook online chats. Also, a few other links for you: official email and contact form for the tech support.
                    Thank you, I don't mind starting new threads at all, just didn't want to mess up your forums if you had a preferred other place for these.

Cheers yet again for your help and time

Comment

No problem! Always happy to answer any questions

Comment

Working...
                      X