Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop Overlay. NVIDIA SHIELD 2015 & 2017. Nintendo Home LED. And more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Overlay. NVIDIA SHIELD 2015 & 2017. Nintendo Home LED. And more!

It’s been a while, but finally here we are — ready to surprise you once again

Let’s take a brief look on all the changes that come to reWASD 5.7:
    • Check reWASD notifications, test the virtual gamepad and use hotkey to show mappings during the game with our Desktop Overlay
    Keep your hand on the pulse with our Desktop Overlay! Once you apply a config, change a Slot or Shift, disconnect the controller or the battery is running low, you will get a friendly reminder from us. Also, you can set a hotkey to enable Virtual controller tester and the table of Mappings, even if you are playing right now!

Please visit Desktop Overlay settings to adjust which parts of the Overlay you want to see and how you want them to be shown. Also, one small note: our Overlay perfectly works for the games in windowed mode but may not be shown if you are using the full-screen mode. Please let us know if we should go further with this functionality. Any feedback is appreciated as always.
    • Remap NVIDIA SHIELD 2015 & 2017 controllers
    Two more devices are added to the list of the supported ones! Feel free to use all the reWASD powers with those. One small nuance: at the moment, you can remap Tap and Click in the NVIDIA SHIELD 2015 controller, but we are planning to add the full support for the touchpad it has. If you have ideas about how you’d like to use it, do not hesitate to contact us.
    • Select any nodes in a combo and copy, paste or remove them together
    • Create longer combos without any restrictions
    • Set up to 1-minute pause between Turbo presses
    Less limits, more powers. There are a few sweet things that we have added to our Combo Editor and Rapid Fire functionality — all based on your feedback. Enjoy!
    • Hide the tray agent if needed without losing the functionality linked to it before
    Our tray agent doesn’t stick to the tray anymore. From now on, we have the background agent that starts with the system and restores the remap state, autodetects the apps, enables LED and emulates the commands. Still, you can keep the tray icon if you use it and you can forbid the agent to start if the main GUI is not launched. Visit Tray Agent settings to learn more.
    • Use Nintendo Home LED to notify about the connected device, changed Slot or Shift, Low battery
    With reWASD 5.7, you can finally adjust the brightness of the Home LED that is wait too bright for my taste
    • Move your mouse cursor above the physical button to see the whole list of mappings
    ...and check other small improvements here and there
    • Feel free to use reWASD with the French localization
    Thanks to our amazing Frederic Joubert

The list of fixes goes next:
    • Fixed: The agent crashes trying to apply a config with some antivirus apps installed in the system
    • Fixed: Several fast clicks on Apply button for the config with a virtual controller may create duplicate gamepads
    • Fixed: Occasionally, the Left Stick down mapping is emulated after several fast movements of the Right Stick
    • Fixed: The config that includes too many mappings may be applied with some non-working actions
    • Fixed: Unmapped gyroscope inside the Shift doesn’t cancel inherited mappings from the Main configuration
    • Fixed: Tray Agent’s menu closes after opening if the graphical tablet is connected

And finally, important note!

After the update, you will need to re-enter your serial number once again. We are sorry for this inconvenience, it was done for the best. Your serial key is stored in your personal account.

Oh may! Wonderful update! I love new Nvidia Shield controllers support! Especially 2015 because it's unique. No other software offers so much. Yay, I'm very exciter. You did really great work.

I like ability of reassigning actions for home and volume buttons (although I had some issues with actions on volume buttons, they were not triggered, but I did not test long enough to identify it as bug, maybe I did something wrong, buttons for sure works on my Nvidia Shield TV). Tapping on touchpad is wonderful idea too. So obvious idea, but before I did not find this implementation. And first time I felt vibration of my Shield Controller on PC. Very nice feeling. Now I cant wait for full mouse touchpad support, to be able to move cursor in games. Thank you so much!

Few touchpad usecase ideas:
    • I think it would be nice to add swipe actions for this touchpad. Swipe from down to up to press D-pad Up.Helpful with changing guns.
    • Other use case can be assigning tap action to LB and moving to right stick, to activate weapon circle and select proper weapon.
    • Maybe scrolling (mouse) will work too for changing weapons in PC games. Steam implemented this in good way. Faster move, longer scroll.
    • Maybe Left/Right stick emulation? Swipe in direction and action will be active until we stop touching touchpad? Helpful for camera control when we want to rebind one stick to mouse.
    • Maybe some basic gyro emulation can be possible with gestures and (if needed) press as modifier?
    • Generally I would like to use this touchpad in similar cases as touchpad from playstation's controllers. Maybe it's not so good, but many tricks are still possible. Thanks for letting for this! I think scrolling, changing weapons and camera control is this what we want from Nvidia Shield touchpad.
    And when Nvidia Shield Controller will receive good touchpad support maybe it will be possible to implement support for OUYA Controller too? This one works similar to Nvidia Shield Controller (2015) so many functions can be just duplicated. We did not receive many controllers with touchpads but thanks to reWASD finally this function can be powerful.

Comment

I noticed a secret update that isn't mentioned in the patch notes but is actually huge! Shift Modifier keys are no longer excluded from Bindings on the original Shift. I can assign LT/L2/ZL to aim down sights AND load a Shift with a lower aiming sensitivity. I tried this out and it works great. There are other great uses for it as well like holding to enter a new Shift but double tap for a binding.

And great job on the overlay. I can't wait to see what other functionality you add to it in the future.

edit: One suggestion (that hopefully isn't too difficult) is to have the ability to display binding names/descriptions rather than binding buttons on the Mappings overlay. I don't personally need to switch between the two views in real time so even just a setting in the options to choose between reWASD Mapping info or the Binding Description would be good enough for me. I just think it would be easier to find which button I have "Crouch" mapped to rather than trying to find "C" or "CTRL" or whatever the game uses for crouch by default. This is especially true for PC-centric games (like 4X, RTS, or classic RPGs) that have two dozen bindings. The mappings overlay might inform me that I have Z, X, and C bound to various activators on Square but I still have no idea what those buttons do. Using the descriptions would fix that.
      Last edited by CriticalComposer; 13.05.2021, 04:40.

Comment

Hello FlameMan !

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback! We are happy to know that you like the new version.
        Yes, we are planning to extend the functionality of the touchpad (and actually will be still working on the other features for Steam trackpads and DS4/DualSense touchpad).

Funny thing about mouse: the native drivers enable mouse on the touchpad by default. We do not block this behavior (it could be blocked only if you add Unmap for Tap or Click). Maybe, it could be a workaround for you.

The ability to add mappings for Swipes is the thing we are planning way too long. We will definitely do it in one of the upcoming versions for all trackpads and touchpads.

Gyro emulation: also in our to-do list.

The ability to map scrolls to the touchpad is a bit tricky, but it is also noted.

And finally, OUYA Controller. Frankly speaking, it is a first time we see it. Looks cool. We will see what is possible to do. If you have this one and could collect some logs for us, please let me know.

Comment

Hello CriticalComposer !

It's a pleasure to get a feedback from you, thanks a lot!

We haven't mentioned this thing for the Shift because it was available before. The only thing we have added is a note on the Shift's frame that describes where you could add additional mappings for this button. Well, sooner or later. I am extremely sorry that it was not obvious before, big UI/UX issue.

The idea to show descriptions was discussed in our team while we were working on the Overlay. We decided that the best way to show them is to add a switcher (similar to the one we have in the main GUI). However, at the moment, our Overlay is controlled by the hotkeys only (we do want to make it possible to work with it using a mouse, keyboard and gamepad, it is just not ready yet). I think we could add an option about the table of Mappings and show only Mappings or only Descriptions. Sounds like a feature we could add pretty soon. Thanks again for pointing us to it

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hide the tray agent if needed without losing the functionality linked to it before
            Can we get an option to hide only the program tray icon, but keep the Gamepad icons? The battery bar would be handy to keep.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mobeeuz View Post
              Can we get an option to hide only the program tray icon, but keep the Gamepad icons? The battery bar would be handy to keep.
              Hey there! Sure, thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Nvidia Shield Controller 2015 and 2017 works great now. After touchpad update they will be perfect. Other touchpad gamepads will need such great support too.

Comment

Originally Posted by ArthurF View Post
                  Nvidia Shield Controller 2015 and 2017 works great now. After touchpad update they will be perfect. Other touchpad gamepads will need such great support too.
                  Yay, thank you for your feedback! Which most important thing you need from the touchpad? Will be grateful for any details, all information is appreciated!

And which other gamepads with touchpad are you referring to?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mobeeuz View Post
                    Done in reWASD 5.7.1, out now

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
                      I noticed a secret update that isn't mentioned in the patch notes but is actually huge! Shift Modifier keys are no longer excluded from Bindings on the original Shift. I can assign LT/L2/ZL to aim down sights AND load a Shift with a lower aiming sensitivity. I tried this out and it works great. There are other great uses for it as well like holding to enter a new Shift but double tap for a binding.

And great job on the overlay. I can't wait to see what other functionality you add to it in the future.

edit: One suggestion (that hopefully isn't too difficult) is to have the ability to display binding names/descriptions rather than binding buttons on the Mappings overlay. I don't personally need to switch between the two views in real time so even just a setting in the options to choose between reWASD Mapping info or the Binding Description would be good enough for me. I just think it would be easier to find which button I have "Crouch" mapped to rather than trying to find "C" or "CTRL" or whatever the game uses for crouch by default. This is especially true for PC-centric games (like 4X, RTS, or classic RPGs) that have two dozen bindings. The mappings overlay might inform me that I have Z, X, and C bound to various activators on Square but I still have no idea what those buttons do. Using the descriptions would fix that.
                      Hey there!

We have added an optional table of Descriptions. You can add a new hotkey to launch it. You will be able to swap the table of mappings and descriptions (both has the unique hotkey), the only limitations — they can't be shown together. There is no default hotkey for the table of Descriptions, choose the one you need. Hope you will like it!

Comment

Desktop overlay notifications not working, at least with Red Dead Redemption 2, is there a way to get audible notifications? I mean as a new feature, please.

Comment

The overlay may not work with some games. Still, if it works outside the RDR2, there are no issues with overlay, we assume.

Thank you for the suggestion about the audible notifications.

Comment

Hey there jlhcmx !

Could you please tell me more about your suggestion? Which controller do you have? Do you want to get notifications through it or using the system audio?
                            And which ones: about Shift and Slot changing or something else?

As for the Overlay, it may not be shown in the games because the games prevent other apps to show something in the full-screen mode. We are researching what is possible to do here, but the game's performance should be the first priority always.

Comment

I get it not all games allow notifications, as for the audible notifications, could be a beep sound or something more creative you compose, or maybe a spoken "shift one" or "toggle on/off" and or the beep sound added right like the vibrations, at the press of a button or as an option in combos. Hear them through the speaker of a dualshock 4 would be nice, or just the system audio works too.

Comment

Working...
                              X