Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop Overlay. NVIDIA SHIELD 2015 & 2017. Nintendo Home LED. And more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post
    I get it not all games allow notifications, as for the audible notifications, could be a beep sound or something more creative you compose, or maybe a spoken "shift one" or "toggle on/off" and or the beep sound added right like the vibrations, at the press of a button or as an option in combos. Hear them through the speaker of a dualshock 4 would be nice, or just the system audio works too.
    Got it, thank you for the explanation. We have this feature in our to-do list, just I can't tell any ETA at the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Got it, thank you for the explanation. We have this feature in our to-do list, just I can't tell any ETA at the moment.
      Awesome! Thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post
        I get it not all games allow notifications, as for the audible notifications, could be a beep sound or something more creative you compose, or maybe a spoken "shift one" or "toggle on/off" and or the beep sound added right like the vibrations, at the press of a button or as an option in combos. Hear them through the speaker of a dualshock 4 would be nice
        Yeah, it is great idea. Dualshock 4 and Steam Controller are able to play such beep sounds. It would be great to be able to use them as controls notifications. Not very crucial feature, but helpful for sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post

Yeah, it is great idea. Dualshock 4 and Steam Controller are able to play such beep sounds. It would be great to be able to use them as controls notifications. Not very crucial feature, but helpful for sure.
          Will definitely check what is possible to do in the future updates.

Comment

I have found that DualSense can have this feature already. Open source DualSenseX application have implemented speaker support, what is helpful in games like Death Stranding, where BB voice audio can be assigned to controller's speaker and other sounds are played by normal audio device. It's giving PlayStation experience. Maybe in reWASD it will be possible to implement too? In Windows audio settings, when I am doing audio check speaker is replying after few seconds. Looks like jack output is recognized as front speakers and speaker is responsible for rear audio. On reddit it's possible to find guide how to use DualSense with Spotify (it's vibrating and playing background music). Maybe it's possible to split these audio channels and emulate jack and speaker as different devices? Seems that DualSenseX achieved it somehow, so probably it's possible to do.

I am not sure if it's the same case in DualShock 4, but it can be started from easier cases. Like DualSense. Then user would be able to assign sound file to macros or/and select from some basic delivered with reWASD. I think some beeps, explosions, reload sounds, firing guns, nades, bow sounds - different sound when taking arrow/pressing trigger, different when releasing arror/button - sounds cool. Or even lightsaber sounds from controller. Yay!

Comment

Interesting! We know about DualSenseX app, but I have totally missed this functionality there. Thank you for the tip, will check it too — and will do our best here

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                And finally, OUYA Controller. Frankly speaking, it is a first time we see it. Looks cool. We will see what is possible to do. If you have this one and could collect some logs for us, please let me know.
                I have noticed this point now. I am uploading my driver logs. If you need something more, please let me know. Controller has non-clickable touchpad (swiping is moving cursor in direction, tapping works like right click). The controller has everything like Xbox 360 controller, except select and start button and dpad instead of pov-up/down/left/right is registered as other buttons (check table below). Buttons are labeled differently, but they work normally. Controller has 4 LEDs on the top of the touchpad.

I believe that with last Steam Controller touchpad improvements, the controller's touchpad will be very handy.

Device name: OUYA Game Controller, HWID: 2836:0001

joy.cpl:
                O Button 1
                U Button 3
                Y Button 4
                A Button 2
                LB Button 5
                RB Button 6
                LT Z-axis positive/Button 13
                RT Z-axis negative/Button 14
                Left stick Button 7, X-axis, Y-axis
                Right stick Button 8, X-rotation, Z-rotation
                ◡ button Guide Button
                Touchpad Cursor control
                D-pad up Button 9
                D-pad down Button 10
                D-pad left Button 11
                D-pad right Button 12

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-ouya.png
Views:	218
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	233366
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the provided information and logs. We will forward it to our dev team.

Comment

Working...
                  X