Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start the holiday season with reWASD 6.0!

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not tested all features yet. But it's good update. Especially UDP protocol works fine with emulators. It's good to see how reWASD is growing, and we can reduce number of applications wich are needed to enable full support of controllers. Steam Controller users will be happy for sure, because other hooks software is very weak comparing to reWASD.
    Maybe someday reWASD junior will be able to use gyro from mobile phones and later forward them via UDP? I saw few "WiiDroids" which are doing this already. I would like to see such imoga controller + android gyro tandem. Battery icon for iMOGA is very useful, checked and works fine.
    I need to test DirectX overlay, but it's good to hear that it is implemented. Maybe soon we will receive something like "weapon wheels" and other overlay features which has SteamInput, but reWASD not yet. Initial turned off gyro is nice option too.

I see that slowly Nintendo controllers are coming to reWASD. I like them, especially these manufactured by Retro Fighters. But Switch is receiving support of them too. Nintendo released N64, NES, SNES controllers. Additionaly there is official SEGA genesis control pad. Maybe it is worth to support them like other Switch controllers? People will be able to make use of them with PC emulators. Especially that Gamecube contoller is already supported.
    Other idea how to use them is create virtual Switch controller. It can be useful especially on Stadia, where Nintendo button prompts are implemented. For some PC games and emulator it can be useful too.
    An assigning virtual xbox controller to Nintendo controller could by default assign X to X, Y to Y buttons to improve Nintendo feeling. Steam has option to remap these buttons automatically, but we can do it by ourselves. Just by default they can be already remapped.

Good job with new update and we are waiting for more controllers support in new year! All best!

Comment

Thank you for the detailed feedback FlameMan

We do think about the ability to send the data from phone to the PC like it is a controller which could be remapped to DS4, and so it could work with emulators too, so stay tuned!

The idea of the weapon wheels is something like the radial menu where you can put some additional actions? If yes, this one is also planned (not sure about the release date though).

NES and SNES controllers will be supported via Wii Remote — sometime in 2022 We also consider supporting N64 and Sega Genesis, but at the moment, we do not have them yet, so we are not sure how they are going to be reported and which things we could do with them. I am actually amazed by the list of controllers you have

Virtual Switch Pro controller is also planned, and after it, we are going to start working on the virtual DS3 and generic controller. So, lots of plans here too.

An assigning virtual xbox controller to Nintendo controller could by default assign X to X, Y to Y buttons to improve Nintendo feeling.
      Hm, pretty interesting suggestion. I think it could be very useful. Thank you for sharing!

Good job with new update and we are waiting for more controllers support in new year! All best!
      Have the great holidays!

Comment

When I click on update, I'm getting this error "This application can't be started":

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
          When I click on update, I'm getting this error "This application can't be started":
          https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...er=4.0.30319.0
          Hello!

Have you checked the integrity of .NET? If this is the same message, then it seems to be related to the framework.

Also, I would be grateful if you could check the errors from Event Viewer and remind me which Windows version you are using. Here are the steps for the first part:

1. Press Windows button, type 'Event Viewer', press Enter
          2. Choose Windows Logs in the upper left corner, then choose Application
          3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a Find option. Click it, and type 'reWASD' to search for related errors
          4. Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click them, and choose 'Save selected events...', and send them to us.

Comment

Even with latest update with the fix it takes forever to start, and when it finally loads it says unverified license and all of the GUI buttons don't work

Comment

Thanks, I installed directly from the download page and it did the update.

Comment

Hey jlhcmx ! Try doing a clean reinstallation of reWASD using the latest installer (6.0.0-5153).

Comment

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?, latest build has issues with combos not working or not working properly

Comment

Hello.
                    You can download any version of reWASD in the "My licenses" section of your personal account.
                    As a login, use the email you used when purchasing.

Could you describe in more detail the essence of your issue?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                      Hello.
                      You can download any version of reWASD in the "My licenses" section of your personal account.
                      As a login, use the email you used when purchasing.

Could you describe in more detail the essence of your issue?
                      I have this 3 combos and when I want to use combo 1 or 2 rb button gets stuck and the only way to get out is to press pause button.
                      When I want to use "combo stops" it works the first time but not a second.
                      I think it has something to do with applying the config through the android app when in game.

This issues don't happen with previous versions.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post

I have this 3 combos and when I want to use combo 1 or 2 rb button gets stuck and the only way to get out is to press pause button.
                        When I want to use "combo stops" it works the first time but not a second.
                        I think it has something to do with applying the config through the android app when in game.

This issues don't happen with previous versions.
                        Hello! What do you mean by "rb button gets stuck"? Is the combo emulated incorrectly? Or are you referring to some issue in the GUI?
                        Android app doesn't allow you to change the combos yet, so it should apply it properly. Could you please re-check if it is OK when you apply from the PC?

Comment

@reWASDer thanks so much, I finally had time to try, everything is working fine for me (I didn't try combo). Really awesome soft btw!

Comment

Originally Posted by Fredator View Post
                            @reWASDer thanks so much, I finally had time to try, everything is working fine for me (I didn't try combo). Really awesome soft btw!
                            Great! We are glad that you are part of our community!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Hello! What do you mean by "rb button gets stuck"? Is the combo emulated incorrectly? Or are you referring to some issue in the GUI?
                              Android app doesn't allow you to change the combos yet, so it should apply it properly. Could you please re-check if it is OK when you apply from the PC?
                              I mean the RB button programmed in the combo keeps being pressed instead of being released like it was programmed to do

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post

I mean the RB button programmed in the combo keeps being pressed instead of being released like it was programmed to do
                                Could you send your config as file so that we can check it from our side?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X