Virtual Switch Pro, Combo and GUI enhancements in reWASD 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Switch Pro, Combo and GUI enhancements in reWASD 6.2

Even if it is Friday the 13th, we have only pleasant news for you. Meet reWASD 6.2 — our new version that introduces the virtual Switch Pro controller, a few perks for Combos and GUI enhancements. Let’s take a closer look.
    • Choose any device to play on the Switch console with your amiibo backups
    Meet a virtual Switch Pro controller that could be used either on a PC or the console! With a little help from Bluetooth or GIMX adapter, you can turn any supported device into a virtual controller to play the way you want. It’s dangerous to go alone, so take amiibo with you. You just need to create a backup of your physical toy, and then you can “hold” it near the virtual Switch Pro controller to get some in-game loot. Check the video below to see how it works!

• Map combos to Start and Release activators
    From now on, you will be able to add any combo to all available activators. Also, you may try to use the Start activator instead of Single Press — this way it will be emulated always in addition to other activators you may set up.
    • Copy and paste Response settings for sticks, gyro and mouse
    If you have already found your perfect curve, do not forget to save it for other configs
    • Set a custom name for Shift layers and Main configuration
    Those names could be set from the context menu of the Shift icon. Then, you will see it in Overlay if you turn Notifications on.
    • Clear a config or sub-config to start adjusting it from scratch
    And again, pay attention to the context menu — it has many useful things
    • Check the new start page with easier access to your game profiles
    We hope you will like our new redesign. Do not hesitate to share the feedback!
    • Start your combo with a pause or rumble
    This way you will be able to create a “delayed” combo. If you use Rumble, then you will get the same delay and a friendly buzz.
    • Clone game profiles from their context menu
    Would be useful if you have a few different configs for the same game. If you have only one config, it could also be cloned (just if you didn’t notice it before)
    • Choose if you want to get new configs and release info with new versions
    Two correspondent options were added to Preferences -> General tab.

And here is the list of fixes:
    • Fixed: Shortcuts created out of the buttons on some complex gaming keyboards and mice are not working
    • Fixed: Shortcuts of the buttons that are mapped to the virtual controller analogs automatically are working together with the Shortcut itself unless you remap them to the virtual analogs manually and add Mute
    • Fixed: The buttons that are mapped to the virtual controller analogs automatically are always re-pressed regardless of “Re-press the held button when switching the Shift layer” option’s state unless you remap them to the virtual analogs manually and add Mute
    • Fixed: DualSense LED notifies about the low battery only once instead of repeating the notification each 5 minutes
    • Fixed: Prevent doesn’t stop other apps from using DualSense LED when the controller is connected via Bluetooth and USB at the same time
    • Fixed: GUI crashes if you click on Mouse sub-config while adjusting the advanced settings for the trackpad of the Steam controller
    • Fixed: The mapping from Button 23 of Azeron Cyborg controller appears near Remap is ON/OFF button
    • Fixed: Hold until release combos do not work for Long, Triple and Double activators of the Shortcuts
    • Fixed: The button used as Shift Jump with mapping in the destination layer will work natively for a moment if the controller itself remapped to any virtual one

Fantástico!! muchas gracias por el gran trabajo que hacéis chicos

Comment

¡Gracias por sus amables palabras!

Comment

bravo gentlemen's, bravo!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Wow, what a perfect update. I was waiting for this. Now only Virtual DirectInput and Virtual DS3 controllers left and we are good. So far I have tested it with Stadia and Yuzu and works perfectly fine. Especially with controllers which have a Nintendo layout will be very useful. I did not test gyro yet, but in config window looks like it will work fine, so I guess Switch users will be happy to be able to use different controllers for motion controls.

Maybe nice idea will be to use LED animation for controllers which have LEDs (eg. DualSense) during pairing to Switch. This animation only first led lights, the only second led lights, only third led lights, and only fourth led lights on repeat. It would give a nice immerse feeling. I don't know if it works already but LEDs for every controller supported by reWASD should show led feedback from Switch if they are controller number 1, 2, 3, 4, etc in Switch interface.

I have found one bug for Switch Joy-Cons. During remapping, we can press a button on the controller and it is getting recognized by software showing remapping menu for pressed button. It works with every button except SL and SR for left and right joy-cons. It is not a problem, because we can click on these buttons using mouse and remap them and remapping works perfectly fine. Just pressing these 2 buttons is not opening remapping menu in the application.

Comment

Wow, what a perfect update. I was waiting for this. Now only Virtual DirectInput and Virtual DS3 controllers left and we are good. So far I have tested it with Stadia and Yuzu and works perfectly fine. Especially with controllers which have a Nintendo layout will be very useful. I did not test gyro yet, but in config window looks like it will work fine, so I guess Switch users will be happy to be able to use different controllers for motion controls.
              Thank you for your kind words! Yes, we are going to develop Virtual DS3 next
              Gyro is working for the controller that have it. The only exception is Flydigi — as for the gyro report is not full.

Maybe nice idea will be to use LED animation for controllers which have LEDs (eg. DualSense) during pairing to Switch.
              Nice idea, thank you. Will think how to make it work!

I have found one bug for Switch Joy-Cons.
              Thank you for the report, yes, I can confirm that something is not OK here. We will take a look and will try to fix it in the next release.

Comment

Hello FlameMan !

We have fixed the issue with SR and SL hooks. Please download the latest build from the official site. You will need to update to it manually, if you already have 6.2 version released on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                X