Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New reWASD 6.4.0: Dynamic Shift-layers and new Mobile controller for fully control PC

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New reWASD 6.4.0: Dynamic Shift-layers and new Mobile controller for fully control PC

Greetings, everyone, and here comes reWASD 6.4.0

Have a look at details of this update:
    • Dynamic Shift-layers
    You can add up to 10 Shift-Layers with mappings in addition to the Main layer. If 4 Shift-layers were never enough for you, then most likely 10 would definitely cover most of your needs. There are more than twice as many dynamic Shift-layers now for use on reWASD. This means double your mapping options.
    Dynamic Shifts-layers, of course, support users' game profiles in the reWASD junior apps on Android and iOS
    Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2022-12-09_19-02-22.jpg Views:	82 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	234778

Just click +Add new layer and continue customizing the controller mappings on a new layer.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2022-12-09_19-02-22 (2).jpg Views:	76 Size:	10.3 KB ID:	234779
    • Added ability to save layers as presets
    To make config creating easier for each new game, use the Save as preset option. If you've spent a lot of time creating and improving the perfect config for yourself, and possibly several ones, save it as a preset. Then create a new game profile and select this one creating a new layer.​Create library of favorite presets, and don't waste your time configuring from the scratch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2022-12-09_19-02-21.jpg Views:	78 Size:	14.3 KB ID:	234780
    • Meet new Mobile controller to fully control your PC: Mouse+Keyboard in reWASD Junior Android app
    Your Android mobile device is a full-fledged PC controller: try Mobile Mouse + Keyboard on the reWASD junior. Work on your PC with a mobile phone: type the text, control the mouse with a trackpad or use hotkeys. That's all and even more, are already on your mobile.
    Download and try a new way to control your PC from your phone with reWASD Junior Android app.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2022-12-02_12-01-54.jpg Views:	76 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	234781
    • Added gyroscope and rotation sensors in reWASD junior iOS app

As was promised, the gyroscope and rotation sensors have been added to Mobile Gamepad emulator on an updated version of reWASD Junior iOS app.
    • Added checkbox for turning off remapping by Ctrl + Alt + Del hotkey on Preferences
    • Support reWASD on ARM

You can download and run a standalone reWASD app for devices with Windows on ARM here.
    Several fixes are below:
    • Fixed: Scroll on the panel with connected devices and changed the grouping of these ones
    • Fixed: Agent/GUI crash after using a config with Autoremap
    Maybe you have ideas or feedback about reWASD 6.4.0? Feel free to share your suggestions
    Last edited by iren.bratsun; 14.12.2022, 15:15.

Thanks for your efforts, everything is getting better and better!
    Now, I have a small proposal.
    That is to add a "cursor positioning" function.
    It is to move the cursor to the specified position.
    And you can set the coordinates.
    This will make reWASD better.
    (In fact, I just want the cursor to return to the center of the screen when I move the right joystick.)
    Thank you again!​

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the feedback.
      This suggestion is already on our to-do list. There is no ETA yet, but we will let you know if this functionality appears.

Comment

Thanks and Praise 😄

This is a great update. The layer presets are a nice way to group frequently used configs (I was previously using whole configs to hold preset layers) and the 10 layers will be awesome to use in more complex games like Star Citizen or MMOs. These features aren't super eye catching additions but it's QoL features like this that continue to separate reWASD from the competition and are always welcome by me. It's nice to see things like workflow/UI/UX given just as much attention as the major feature releases.

The touch mouse/keyboard layouts on the mobile app are game changers though. It makes it so easy to type a message in chat from the couch without needing to reach over for a physical keyboard. I foresee more and more people getting phone clips for their controllers to have the extra buttons, keyboards, and touchpads easily available.

As usual, great job on the update!

Feedback and Questions 💬

Mobile App

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad in the new Mouse + Keyboard type in reWASD Junior? The virtual mouse settings for Sensitivity and Acceleration don't seem to apply like they do with the Touchpad type.

Are there plans for a modular approach to the mobile controller? For instance, rather than being stuck with a single type the user could be given a set number of pages to swipe between (maybe 2 to start with since that's already supported with the Control Pad and M+K types) and they can put whichever type they want on each page. Maybe I'd like buttons 1-15 of the Control Pad on my first page but would like the keyboard when I swipe to the next page rather than buttons 16-30.

Desktop App

In the desktop application, are there any plans to apply a preset to an existing layer -- either completely erasing the existing layer or using the existing copy/paste layer function to only overwrite the buttons that have actions getting pasted. Currently my workflow for an FPS game is to make a new Game Config, add my FPS Skeleton preset to a new Layer, copy that layer, paste it over the Main Layer, and then delete that new layer I just made. It works and isn't a ton of work so I wouldn't say this request needs priority but it's one of those QoL things that makes the program shine.

Will there be a way to assign the folder to store presets? I imagine this was an oversight but it seems strange that the storage folder for configs can be moved outside of the Public Documents but not Presets.
        Last edited by CriticalComposer; 14.12.2022, 21:28.

Comment

Great update! I'd just like to point out that the issue with the device selector introduced in the 6.3 UI overhaul still exists in this version and I still hope for a fix

Comment

Originally Posted by jeynos View Post
            Great update! I'd just like to point out that the issue with the device selector introduced in the 6.3 UI overhaul still exists in this version and I still hope for a fix
            In recent releases, the device selection scheme has been revised. If you have a profile (config) open for any game, then there will be no switching, even to a newly connected device.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

In recent releases, the device selection scheme has been revised. If you have a profile (config) open for any game, then there will be no switching, even to a newly connected device.
              Is there any way to revert to the old behavior?

I really think the new way will lead to more confusion, especially among new users but I accept if that is what the developers decide.

For example: you say there will be no switching, but the issue is that there actually is some switching (in the center of the screen) but not on the selector itself. So it is like a halfway step that actually ends up not being good either way. I can turn on a device, and the center screen config will switch to what was on that device, but when I go to change a binding on it then it doesn't actually work because the device selector didn't change, so it's applying that config to a completely different device. What is the purpose of changing the center screen config then? Anything you change will be for the wrong device. It would be better and less confusing if nothing switched at all, or both the center screen AND device selector switched to the new device.

Comment

Hello! At the moment, you can only hide a disabled controller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1119
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	234822
                We will consider making this feature disabled in a future update.​

Comment

Hi there ✋

Thank you so much for your feedback!

We always try to follow users' suggestions.​

Mobile App
                  The virtual mouse settings for Sensitivity and Acceleration don't seem to apply like they do with the Touchpad type.
                  Sensitivity can be changed on Touchpad settings. Acceleration perhaps will be added later. Please, try to change the inertia setting, maybe it will replace the acceleration now.

​Are there plans for a modular approach to the mobile controller? For instance, rather than being stuck with a single type the user could be given a set number of pages to swipe between (maybe 2 to start with since that's already supported with the Control Pad and M+K types) and they can put whichever type they want on each page. Maybe I'd like buttons 1-15 of the Control Pad on my first page but would like the keyboard when I swipe to the next page rather than buttons 16-30.
                  Great idea, we also thought about some type of customized gamepad, which could be composite with several types of controllers (ex. Gamepad+Mouse+Keyboard) or users could add specific buttons from different types of controllers. We're only thinking about doing it. We'll be appreciated it if you share your suggestions and wishes.

Desktop App

In the desktop application, are there any plans to apply a preset to an existing layer -- either completely erasing the existing layer or using the existing copy/paste layer function to only overwrite the buttons that have actions getting pasted. Currently my workflow for an FPS game is to make a new Game Config, add my FPS Skeleton preset to a new Layer, copy that layer, paste it over the Main Layer, and then delete that new layer I just made. It works and isn't a ton of work so I wouldn't say this request needs priority but it's one of those QoL things that makes the program shine.

Will there be a way to assign the folder to store presets? I imagine this was an oversight but it seems strange that the storage folder for configs can be moved outside of the Public Documents but not Presets.
                  Thanks for the tip, it will be added in the future release.

Comment

Originally Posted by iren.bratsun View Post
                    Sensitivity can be changed on Touchpad settings. Acceleration perhaps will be added later. Please, try to change the inertia setting, maybe it will replace the acceleration now.
                    Ooohhhh, I would have never thought to check there. Thanks!

Comment

Wow, this is a nice update. I've tested this version for few weeks and I am happy about new features. I like mobile controller and new layers.
                      Mobile controller K+M is really great, I love feeling of mouse scroll when my phone is vibrating. I like how you care about details.
                      I have a few ideas how to make reWASD Junior more powerfull:
                      • Steam Controller Trackpads - Mobile Controller is the closest alternative for Steam Controller's trackpads. I think it will be good to add option to transform virtual sticks to trackpads which works exactly like in Steam Controller. Trackball mode can be very powerfull when emulating mouse or even sticks.
                      • Vertical mode touchpad - works in vertical mode filling full screen of application like this: screenshot. It can be put next to PC keyboard and be used like laptop's touchpad.
                      • Icon to open mobile's keyboard - it's visible on this screenshot Instead of pressing and writting inside reWASD Junior, we can have invisible input field, where every letter pressed on mobile virtual keyboard (like gboard) is sent to PC. It will work good for swiping words or selecting proper word from selection boxes. It's faster.
                      • Support for touch gestures available in Windows. I like scroll (two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically) and Zoom in or out (two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out) gestures. Tbh, it can be useful on PlayStations controllers too.
                      • Media remote control - Something like this: screenshot. Remote control to browse media on PC for people who watching movies on PC or connecting them to TV. Looks for me very useful even for non-gamers.
                      • Gyro table mouse - keeping phone on mouse pad, moving it left/right/up/down and gyro position will be moving cursor and on upper part of screen we will have three buttons: left button, middle scroll and right button, to press them with fingers.
                      • TV Air mouse - the same what before but using different gyro axis for moving up and down. example video. Moving phone will move mouse in desired direction, will work perfectly with media remote control layout.
                      What I love in this update is posibility to add more shift-layers which has their default LED colors. In this way I am able to create config where DualSense controller is lighting white (layer-8) or red (layer-5) after throwing nade. I just have to play with "Jump to layer" and "delay before jump" options.11 different colors (layers) is quite good number of options to configure LEDs.

I've noticed that in "Preferences" -> "LED settings" when we want to change "Common LED (Remap)" for DualSense and DualShock 4, then we still have only 5 layers. Luckily LED settings allows to remap all of them.

Generally it's good update. Great job!

Comment

Hi, thanks for this amazing program, my suggestion is to allow me to modify the 'Repeat Delay' when I press something on my controller. At current it seems to be set to the windows default 'repeat delay' time, in windows you can modify this to 'short' so your key press + hold will begin repeating faster. This would be beneficial to me in the game that I play

Thanks again

Comment

Hello.
                          In reWASD you can change the Repeat rate for the virtual keyboard:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	933
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	235049
                          In case you want the button to work with the pause you specify, while you hold it down you can use Turbo and set the pause manually.​

Comment

FlameMan, hello 🖐

Thank you for your feedback! We've had a look at your ideas for reWASD Junior, some of them are really great and we will take note of your recommendations
                            Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                            • Steam Controller Trackpads - Mobile Controller is the closest alternative for Steam Controller's trackpads. I think it will be good to add option to transform virtual sticks to trackpads which works exactly like in Steam Controller. Trackball mode can be very powerfull when emulating mouse or even sticks.
                            We need time to research this and how we could transform virtual sticks to trackpads on Mobile controller and send events to PC.
                            • Vertical mode touchpad - works in vertical mode filling full screen of application like this: screenshot. It can be put next to PC keyboard and be used like laptop's touchpad.
                            Vertical mode, we were considering it. A vertical mode can be added, but not to Gamepad Touchpad, to a new type of mobile controller for PC control. Stay tuned.
                            • Icon to open mobile's keyboard - it's visible on this screenshot Instead of pressing and writting inside reWASD Junior, we can have invisible input field, where every letter pressed on mobile virtual keyboard (like gboard) is sent to PC. It will work good for swiping words or selecting proper word from selection boxes. It's faster.
                            We use a connection with a real keyboard for typing. Turning text into keys pressing is a reverse process, it isn't a good idea. But I got your idea to make typing process faster and more usable on Mobile controller Mouse+Keyboard
                            • Support for touch gestures available in Windows. I like scroll (two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically) and Zoom in or out (two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out) gestures. Tbh, it can be useful on PlayStations controllers too.
                            This request will be in the upcoming update. But I have to notice, that Mouse (on Mouse+Keyboard controller) works as a real mouse device, not touchpad. And not all touch gestures are possible to realize on a mouse device.
                            • Media remote control - Something like this: screenshot. Remote control to browse media on PC for people who watching movies on PC or connecting them to TV. Looks for me very useful even for non-gamers.
                            We are collecting requests such as this one. We also thought to add media remote controller for comfort use during watching videos, movies, fav tv-shows from the couch
                            • Gyro table mouse - keeping phone on mouse pad, moving it left/right/up/down and gyro position will be moving cursor and on upper part of screen we will have three buttons: left button, middle scroll and right button, to press them with fingers.
                            • TV Air mouse - the same what before but using different gyro axis for moving up and down. example video. Moving phone will move mouse in desired direction, will work perfectly with media remote control layout.
                            Noticed this, possible to add to Settings​

Comment

Originally Posted by ssbmPi View Post
                              Hi, thanks for this amazing program, my suggestion is to allow me to modify the 'Repeat Delay' when I press something on my controller. At current it seems to be set to the windows default 'repeat delay' time, in windows you can modify this to 'short' so your key press + hold will begin repeating faster. This would be beneficial to me in the game that I play

Thanks again
                              I share your sentiments, especially because reading this article has been really beneficial to me in terms of acquiring quality knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X