X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready to dive into the future of gaming with reWASD 6.7! ๐Ÿ•น

Greetings, Esteemed Gaming Community! ๐ŸŽฎ
    The anticipation is reaching its peak! We're thrilled to unveil the imminent launch of reWASD 6.7โ€”a game-changer that's poised to redefine your gaming odyssey. ๐Ÿš€

๐ŸŽฎ Our dedicated team has meticulously curated this upcoming release to cater to your discerning gaming needs. Here's an exclusive glimpse into what awaits you:
    Enhanced Compatibility: Bid farewell to limitations! Immerse yourself in the realm of gaming with handheld Windows PCs. Your gaming nirvana awaits, no barriers to be found! ๐Ÿ–ฅ๐ŸŽฎ (Please take note that built-in gamepads are typically detected as Xbox 360 controllers. While we're constantly evolving, we currently offer partial support for the Asus ROG Ally native controller. Functions like mapping to paddles and gyroscope are limited at the moment.)

Seamless SteamDeck Support: If the allure of Steam Deck beckons, rest assuredโ€”we've got your back! Seamlessly connect and customize your gaming experience with reWASD. Revel in comprehensive SteamDeck controller support, including back buttons and touchpads, replete with pressure zone sensitivity! (Elevate your gameplay on Steam Deck as you take full advantage of its hardware features with reWASD at your side.)

Precision at Your Fingertips: Embark on a journey of unparalleled precision with our groundbreaking virtual gyroscope emulation. Although this marks our initial foray into the virtual gyroscope landscape, please note that certain functions like mapping to mouse movements, shaking mode, and tilt are yet to be unlocked. (Our maiden step in virtual gyroscope technology opens the door to enhanced precision, setting the stage for future innovations.)
    Instant Support Access: The assurance of assistance is just a click away! Seamlessly connect with our responsive support team through the reWASD interface for prompt resolution of your queries. ๐Ÿ’ฌ๐Ÿ”ง

Future-Proofed Gaming: Embrace the future with the ESP32-S2 USB adapterโ€”a suave alternative to GIMX that ushers in an unparalleled gaming realm. ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ”Œ
    Countless Possibilities Await: Yet, this is merely the prologue! Our 6.7 release houses a treasure trove of features, poised for you to embark on an exploration of epic proportions. ๐ŸŽโœจ
    As we gear up for the official release of reWASD 6.7 at our official website, the anticipation is palpable. Get ready to elevate your gaming experience to unprecedented heights! ๐Ÿš€๐ŸŽฎ
    Click image for larger version

Name:	release-67-twitter.png
Views:	1309
Size:	995.1 KB
ID:	238837โ€‹

Great update! I have tested the virtual gyro. And so far works good. I had to reduce sensitivity (low: 1, medium: 10), and works fine. I've reassigned the right stick to virtual gyro, where up is VGyro Pitch Plus, right is VGyro Yaw Plus, down VGyro Pitch Minus, left VGyro Yaw Minus. RS is Reset VGyro, but later I will play with zones and I will want to set "reset gyro" every time when right stick will be released (reach deadzone). This config I tested on Steam and DS4Windows assigning gyro to a mouse. Mouse was going where I wanted, so it is a success. I tried with mGBA and simple GBC game Kirby: Tilt 'n' Tumble, but there gyro is not working so good yet. I suppose we have to wait for tilting feature to have good emulation in Nintendo games. But first big step has been done, so we are waiting for more. When we will be able to assign gyro to controller's sticks and play comfortably emulating Kirby: Tilt 'n' Tumble on GBC or Worms: A Space Oddityโ€‹ on Wii, where we require to use motion controls to play "normally", then reWASD will be almighty. ๐Ÿ™‚ I need to test vgyro with native PC games too.

I have a question about Steam Deck's touchpads with "pressure zones". Is it possible to use them like it is with DualShock 3 (stronger press, medium press, light press - different action)? Reassigning them to virtual DualShock 3 would be great if they were working.

Really, it's an awesome update! Thank you for all!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. You were absolutely right in calling it "the first big step". There will be more to come.
      โ€‹
      Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
      I have a question about Steam Deck's touchpads with "pressure zones". Is it possible to use them like it is with DualShock 3 (stronger press, medium press, light press - different action)? Reassigning them to virtual DualShock 3 would be great if they were working.
      If Windows OS is installed on the Steam Deck, then the controller is detected correctly in reWASD and the setting of touchpad zones is also available.

Comment

Oh wow, this is a revolution for PS2/PS3 emus! Last time we had real pressure-sensitive buttons in DualShock 3, which are not so easily available. Luckily Retrofighters released DS2/3 replica, but SteamDeck is a new device with pressure-sensitive capabilities, so if it's possible to use them in virtual DualShock 3, so we can easily play in PS2 games how they were meant to be!

Trackpads are quite big buttons; will it be possible to assign trackpad zones to buttons? An upper side of the trackpad can be a triangle/up d-pad button, right circle/right d-pad, lower part cross/down d-pad, and left square/left d-pad. And maybe center zones can be R1/L1? This would give full support to a virtual DS3 controller.

Unfortunately, I do not have SteamDeck yet, but this reWASD update is very convincing to me to buy this gamepad. ReWASD team is doing great work as always!

Comment

Yes. You can set it up with the quick option on the d-pad.
          It can also be manually configured to something else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	941
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	238847โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Awesome! This is called a great job. ๐Ÿ˜ We do not have to ask for new features, because they are already implemented. Thank you very much!

Pressure-sensitive touchpads working as pressure-sensitive buttons in a virtual DualShock 3 controller are a great feature. PS2/3 games emulated by PCSX2 and RPCS3 finally can be played properly with a device that is not 10 years old. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
              Unfortunately, at the moment, the touchpads don't remap to the virtual DS3 in analog mode.

We plan to implement this in future releases.

Comment

Does this work on Windows if I pair the steamdeck via bluetooth? Or does this only work with Steamdeck running Windows?

Comment

Hello.
                  reWASD will only detect the built-in Steam Deck controller if Windows OS is installed on the console itself.
                  This is currently the only way to use Steam Deck with reWASD.โ€‹

Comment

hello all i have big prob with steamdeck i install win 10 and win 11 but not reconize with rewasd only sees the x and y bottom nothing else

Comment

Could you specify how your SteamDeck was recognized in reWASD?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                        Hello.
                        reWASD will only detect the built-in Steam Deck controller if Windows OS is installed on the console itself.
                        This is currently the only way to use Steam Deck with reWASD.โ€‹
                        Thanks, please consider a method for natively supporting the steamcontroller as a connected device on Windows, kinda like rewasd junior works.

Comment

Could you specify - do you mean to use SteamDeck as a controller connected to a PC?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post
                            Could you specify - do you mean to use SteamDeck as a controller connected to a PC?
                            Yes, connect the SteamDeck as some sort of SteamController to a separate WindowsPC, with customizable touchscreen buttons.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post

Yes, connect the SteamDeck as some sort of SteamController to a separate WindowsPC, with customizable touchscreen buttons.
                              I can't promise anything yet, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X