Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready for reWASD 7.1? Not today, lads. We’ve got something to say.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by owerlord View Post

Hope it will be soon ☺️
    si amigo ya que el aim assist que brinda el juego esta muy alto para jugar con mando lo cual en un mano a mano o lo que fuese el mando tiene superioridad sobre mouse,teclado . y eso genera que no haiga igualdad de juego

Comment

Originally Posted by Thomas960 View Post

To clarify, I'm talking about the ability to use Rewasd to emulate a controller using a mouse and keyboard. This can be abused to get AA on mnk and is the reason for the blacklisting across at least 2 major FPS titles that I know of so far.
      por el simple hecho de que el aim assist en algunos juegos como COD están muy elevados y brindan ventaja sobre teclado y ratón . aparte los de pc utilizan programas que activision les permite para aumentar aun mas esas cualidades como por ejemplo ds4. si hubiese igualdad como dicen, los jugadores de teclado y ratón no optaríamos por utilizar estos programas ya que no influiría en la jugabilidad. pero es muy notable la ventaja de mando sobre teclado y ratón.

Comment

Originally Posted by Thomas960 View Post

To clarify, I'm talking about the ability to use Rewasd to emulate a controller using a mouse and keyboard. This can be abused to get AA on mnk and is the reason for the blacklisting across at least 2 major FPS titles that I know of so far.
        yeah i think this is the reason too, i myself dont need this feature only inteerested in different keybinding on different keyboards.

Comment

Originally Posted by LEONARDOAFK View Post

si amigo ya que el aim assist que brinda el juego esta muy alto para jugar con mando lo cual en un mano a mano o lo que fuese el mando tiene superioridad sobre mouse,teclado . y eso genera que no haiga igualdad de juego
          Yes friend, since the aim assist that the game provides is very high to play with a controller, which in a hand to hand or whatever the controller has superiority over mouse, keyboard. and that causes there to be no equality of play

yes thats why i hope they will abandon the gamepad emulation or make another aplication of rewasd that does not emulate gamepads to mouse and keyboard, only want to bind keys to my numpad key project that you can check out here: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...gamepad-inputs

Comment

So quiet

Comment

So 7.1 is released? No announcement?

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
                So 7.1 is released? No announcement?
                Forum
                Twitter
                Reddit

Comment

Originally Posted by I2anger View Post

If this is not a cheat, then why are they treating like a cheat. sounds to me like your not standing up for your product, i cant even have REWASD on my computer Because Call of Duty/Activision says its a Cheat program. Doesnt really seem fair to your users.
                  Because most ppl will find and use WHATEVER advantage they can get in competitive situations, especially games. The way you say this, as if really questioning whether or not this program is a cheat.. SMFH.. Its NOT REWASD's fault.. Its the lobby try-hard's and sweats you can blame because that tiny bit of aim-assist makes or breaks the game for them..

I honestly couldn't care less if it works in COD or APEX.. I quit playing those years ago, but there isn't a controller or game system in my house that hasn't benefitted from using this program.

Ever wanted to use a ps5 or xbox controller on a Nintendo Switch? I have, and DID thanks to this program.. The ppl just using it to cheat the aim-assist in shooters have no idea the potential of this program and honestly don't fucking deserve it! BEST $20-$25 I ever spent on gaming (don't remember exactly how much I've had it going on years now)

Comment

I use an Xbox controller while playing PC games, and I use reWASD to enhance the functionality of my controller. I do NOT use my mouse with reWASD while playing games, and I think that the fact that reWASD allows users to use a mouse as input for a virtual controller is problematic, because games think that those users are using a controller, and gives them aim assistance. I think that reWASD should be changed such that it can emulate a controller, a mouse, and a keyboard, and it would allow physical controllers—Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers, etc.--to be mapped to virtual controllers, and physical mice to be mapped to virtual mice, and physical keyboards to be mapped to virtual keyboards. Furthermore, this new version of reWASD should allow users to map *some* activity on physical input devices of one type to *some* activity on virtual input devices of a different type, such as controller button presses to keyboard key presses, but it should NOT allow users to map physical mouse movement to virtual controller thumbstick movement.
                    I also think that games should use anti cheat software that uses AI while the user is playing the game, and the AI determines the likelihood that the user is cheating by examining that user’s aim accuracy, and by examining other aspects of how that user plays the game. This would be more advanced than simply checking the user’s PC for the existence of specific software, and refusing to open the game if this software is found. I’d be fine if the anti cheat software refused to open the game if it finds software whose sole purpose is cheating, but it should not refuse to open the game if it finds software that has legitimate uses and can also be used for cheating. If it finds such grey area software, it should allow the game to run anyway, and if the AI determines that the user’s aim has mouse like precision, then it should disable aim assistance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Drew Neilson View Post
                      I use an Xbox controller while playing PC games, and I use reWASD to enhance the functionality of my controller. I do NOT use my mouse with reWASD while playing games, and I think that the fact that reWASD allows users to use a mouse as input for a virtual controller is problematic, because games think that those users are using a controller, and gives them aim assistance. I think that reWASD should be changed such that it can emulate a controller, a mouse, and a keyboard, and it would allow physical controllers—Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers, etc.--to be mapped to virtual controllers, and physical mice to be mapped to virtual mice, and physical keyboards to be mapped to virtual keyboards. Furthermore, this new version of reWASD should allow users to map *some* activity on physical input devices of one type to *some* activity on virtual input devices of a different type, such as controller button presses to keyboard key presses, but it should NOT allow users to map physical mouse movement to virtual controller thumbstick movement.
                      I also think that games should use anti cheat software that uses AI while the user is playing the game, and the AI determines the likelihood that the user is cheating by examining that user’s aim accuracy, and by examining other aspects of how that user plays the game. This would be more advanced than simply checking the user’s PC for the existence of specific software, and refusing to open the game if this software is found. I’d be fine if the anti cheat software refused to open the game if it finds software whose sole purpose is cheating, but it should not refuse to open the game if it finds software that has legitimate uses and can also be used for cheating. If it finds such grey area software, it should allow the game to run anyway, and if the AI determines that the user’s aim has mouse like precision, then it should disable aim assistance.
                      This is the point! agreed

Comment

I don't get how ReWASD capability to emulate gamepad with kb+mouse is at fault here. The way I see it, it's game developer's fault for allowing players with gamepads with aim assist on to even be able to play with others who don't use aim assist. it's an in-game setting that should affect match making, nothing to do with software or emulation.

The only way I could see ReWASD being used for cheating, is it's capability for using macros and turbo modes for inputs, those can allow performing some complex time-sensitive actions that are usually a matter of skill to pull out or in some cases even impossible to replicate physically in same capacity and repeatability. then again, if game can detect usage of software like ReWASD, what's stopping them from separating such users on match making?

Comment

Originally Posted by x.iso View Post
                          I don't get how ReWASD capability to emulate gamepad with kb+mouse is at fault here. The way I see it, it's game developer's fault for allowing players with gamepads with aim assist on to even be able to play with others who don't use aim assist. it's an in-game setting that should affect match making, nothing to do with software or emulation.

The only way I could see ReWASD being used for cheating, is it's capability for using macros and turbo modes for inputs, those can allow performing some complex time-sensitive actions that are usually a matter of skill to pull out or in some cases even impossible to replicate physically in same capacity and repeatability. then again, if game can detect usage of software like ReWASD, what's stopping them from separating such users on match making?
                          Macros and turbo modes are available on most modded controllers, and simply using Logitech G hub you can turbo and macro to your hearts content. I find it interesting that Activision can isolate a specific program on my HD or in my Registry REWASD and keep me from playing COD game with it on my computer, but they somehow cant do that with the real cheaters that continue to plague the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by I2anger View Post

Macros and turbo modes are available on most modded controllers, and simply using Logitech G hub you can turbo and macro to your hearts content. I find it interesting that Activision can isolate a specific program on my HD or in my Registry REWASD and keep me from playing COD game with it on my computer, but they somehow cant do that with the real cheaters that continue to plague the game.
                            People do get banned for Logitech Ghub and Razer Synapse... just Google it.

Comment

You got it wrong. The release was delayed because the support team was under extreme load due to the ban in COD and Apex. reWASD's official position regarding this situation can be found here.

reWASD has released the update 7.1. Feel free to check the release notes here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                                The release was delayed because the support team was under extreme load due to the ban in COD and Apex.
                                I don't know what that means but regardless...

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                                reWASD has released the update 7.1. Feel free to check the release notes here.
                                It occurred to me to check to see which version of ReWASD as soon as I posted and I saw it was 7.1 so I deleted my post... or thought I did. Seems I wasn't fast enough, lol. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X