X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flydigi Apex 3

Hi see on facebook 25 agust is coming

Hi!

We've seen the news and intend to support this controller. Though we are still waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.

P.S. The link you posted was broken.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Hi!

We've seen the news and intend to support this controller. Though we are still waiting for a reply from the manufacturer.

P.S. The link you posted was broken.
      I try to open and works O_o

Comment

Originally Posted by MuSoL79 View Post

I try to open and works O_o
        Seems Shion have changed the link, and now it works

The device looks truly interesting. Hope we will be able to support it — but I am not sure when.

Comment

As a controller enthusiast I couldn't be more disappointed with it. I've heard rumor that Flydigi felt that "more inputs" was not the future of controllers and these pictures of the Apex 3 confirm that. No A-Stick and No C/Z buttons. I'm waiting on confirmation of M1-6 but something tells me the extra shoulder buttons are gone. The gear-based Triggers are neat but Flydigi don't understand why they work so well on the DS5 -- native game support. Without the software and the game talking together then 90% of the cool stuff of the "Adaptive" trigger is gone. Granted, I had some fun playing around with the Trigger modes on the DS5 in reWASD and it works well to replicate the Gamecube's and Steam Controller's Dual Stage Triggers so they will be a net positive; but that should have been something added onto the existing Apex framework.

And the screen....don't get me started on that. Valve tested screens in their controllers and came to the same conclusion that every gamepad maker has -- people don't look at their controller while they game. No one is taking eyes off of the game itself to see something else. Logitech even tried this in the 2000s with their keyboard with LCD screens in them. And while there was a niche for it, most people said that putting HP or Ammo there required them to look to far away from the game for info. And that was just from a monitor to the keyboard. The distance down to a lap is large, even more so for TV/Couch players.

The whole thing seems like a massive step back for me. I would much rather they called this the Vader 3 and left room for a new, actual successor to the Apex 2. As it stands, my Apex 2 is already broke (mushy M1 and A buttons) so I don't have any trust in longevity to think that picking up backups is worth it. But if they discontinue the Apex 2 then I'll be back to square one of which controller to use should mine fail completely.

I don't like being so negative about stuff. But it's such a shame for a company to think so outside of the box and make the most advanced controller on the planet only to take 5 hops backwards because they don't see the usefulness in what they made.

Comment

Very interesting and very weird. It removes Flydigi features and going into desired combo Xbox + PlayStation controller. Xbox layout + Xbox trgger vibrations, maybe back buttons, maybe gyro, maybe touchpad - additional flydigi buttons. It can be something what people wants but... LCD is wasting battery, if it will be not good utilized, then it's flop.

I hope it will be touch-sensitive to emulate touchpad. If not, then it has only sense with open API.
            • Logitech G15/G19 devices had LCD panel which was officially supported in many games - if they will restore it Logitech G compatibility it can be ok.
            • If it's really full color screen and can be used to display VMU screen for DreamCast emulators or GBA screen when connected to Dolphin emulator it can be ok.
            • Displaying second DS/3DS screen in emulators can be ok. Support for Wii U GamePad screen can be useful to.
            • If it will emulate DualShock 4 touchpad and let use controller in DualShock compatible games it can be ok too. It does not matter what is displayed there.
            If nothing like this then it will be another useless Sony's PS4 Back Button Attachment screen used once or twice during controller configuration. Such configuration can be done on smartphone or directly on PC.

And I really hope that trigger vibrations will be compatible with Xbox one's.

Controller has potential, but can be easily wasted. Many brands experimented with LCD panels middleware but nothing went to mainstream (maybe only Logitech G has few minutes of fame).

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
              As a controller enthusiast I couldn't be more disappointed with it. I've heard rumor that Flydigi felt that "more inputs" was not the future of controllers and these pictures of the Apex 3 confirm that. No A-Stick and No C/Z buttons. I'm waiting on confirmation of M1-6 but something tells me the extra shoulder buttons are gone. The gear-based Triggers are neat but Flydigi don't understand why they work so well on the DS5 -- native game support. Without the software and the game talking together then 90% of the cool stuff of the "Adaptive" trigger is gone. Granted, I had some fun playing around with the Trigger modes on the DS5 in reWASD and it works well to replicate the Gamecube's and Steam Controller's Dual Stage Triggers so they will be a net positive; but that should have been something added onto the existing Apex framework.

And the screen....don't get me started on that. Valve tested screens in their controllers and came to the same conclusion that every gamepad maker has -- people don't look at their controller while they game. No one is taking eyes off of the game itself to see something else. Logitech even tried this in the 2000s with their keyboard with LCD screens in them. And while there was a niche for it, most people said that putting HP or Ammo there required them to look to far away from the game for info. And that was just from a monitor to the keyboard. The distance down to a lap is large, even more so for TV/Couch players.

The whole thing seems like a massive step back for me. I would much rather they called this the Vader 3 and left room for a new, actual successor to the Apex 2. As it stands, my Apex 2 is already broke (mushy M1 and A buttons) so I don't have any trust in longevity to think that picking up backups is worth it. But if they discontinue the Apex 2 then I'll be back to square one of which controller to use should mine fail completely.

I don't like being so negative about stuff. But it's such a shame for a company to think so outside of the box and make the most advanced controller on the planet only to take 5 hops backwards because they don't see the usefulness in what they made.
              Hola, gran análisis GG, juego a COD warzone, no necesito tantos botones extra, solo uso los botones traseros en mi apex 2, pero si entiendo lo que dices, parece que van en dirección contraria

Comment

I have found manual for this controller. It looks like controller has predefined sets for Force Feedback Triggers (General, Racing, Sniper or machine gun). Display is for "adjusting display animation, seting custom pictures" (lol, really?). Good thing is that has modes for PC/Switch/Android/iPhone, so can be useful. But... nothing about motion control? I hope they forgot mention about it, not removed this future.

Gamepad is in the Xbox style. If their trigger feedback is not compatible with Xbox trigger vibrations it's very poor implementation. But maybe presets are for skipping remapping applications to shorten configuration process. Display looks useless, nothing written about touch sensitivity, so it's possible that it does not have anything like that. Back buttons are great as always, they did not spoil anything. I really hope for gyro support like in Vader.

In raw state the controller looks very average. But looking from other perspective - what reWASD/3rd party applications can do with it, there is still a chance to fix it and make great controller. Display and triggers have to have better use. And gyro... gyro is must.

Comment

Thank you! So far, the controller looks strange, but we'll see at the release.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                    I have found manual for this controller. It looks like controller has predefined sets for Force Feedback Triggers (General, Racing, Sniper or machine gun). Display is for "adjusting display animation, seting custom pictures" (lol, really?). Good thing is that has modes for PC/Switch/Android/iPhone, so can be useful. But... nothing about motion control? I hope they forgot mention about it, not removed this future.

Gamepad is in the Xbox style. If their trigger feedback is not compatible with Xbox trigger vibrations it's very poor implementation. But maybe presets are for skipping remapping applications to shorten configuration process. Display looks useless, nothing written about touch sensitivity, so it's possible that it does not have anything like that. Back buttons are great as always, they did not spoil anything. I really hope for gyro support like in Vader.

In raw state the controller looks very average. But looking from other perspective - what reWASD/3rd party applications can do with it, there is still a chance to fix it and make great controller. Display and triggers have to have better use. And gyro... gyro is must.
                    Nice find on the manual. Very disappointing. I have confirmation from a source that it will have full 3dof gyro in it, unlike the Apex 2's 2dof. I saw someone else describe it as "a basic Xbox controller with rear buttons and a VMU slot" and that's exactly how I feel. This would fit more in line with their Vader series as a more traditional controller. It feel like a massive step back for the Apex series. The fact that they tout "displaying a custom picture" as a feature highlight is aggravating because not only did we lose all of the awesome features of the Apex 2 but the screen is going to reduce the battery life of the device too. It's wasted space with a high usability cost.

I'll for sure be holding onto my Apex 2 and hoping it doesn't break before a true successor is made. There's no way I'll be paying for the Apex 3.

Comment

Yo también creo que comprare otro Apex 2 cuando bajen de precio por el nuevo jeje

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeKAFHiKEUg unbox RAM Stealer

Comment

Interesting. I'll show it to the team

Comment

Received this week Flydigi APEX 3 and the magnetic charging dock to it. Who doubted about the battery, dont worry 1500 mAh is just a monster. Adaptive triggers can be customized for any game. The crosspiece is one of the best I have seen, plus mechanical ABXY. This is the best controller I have ever had.

Comment

Originally Posted by Pullblox View Post
                              Received this week Flydigi APEX 3 and the magnetic charging dock to it. Who doubted about the battery, dont worry 1500 mAh is just a monster. Adaptive triggers can be customized for any game. The crosspiece is one of the best I have seen, plus mechanical ABXY. This is the best controller I have ever had.
                              Wow, cool! Thanks for your feedback on the controller.
                              Hopefully we can provide support for this wonder device

Comment

Working...
                              X