Flydigi Apex 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Wow, cool! Thanks for your feedback on the controller.
    Hopefully we can provide support for this wonder device
    So far this (no reWASD support) is the only drawback of this controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by Pullblox View Post

So far this (no reWASD support) is the only drawback of this controller.
      I think we'll fix it

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally Posted by mountainmohawk View Post
          Any updates?
          For now, unfortunately not. When we implement support, it will be noted, including on our forum, in the "announcements" section.

Comment

Hi there

Thank you to all REWASD team for your amazing work, gaming wouldn't be the same without you guys.

I'm thinking about this new Apex 3 controller, but definitely will not buy if it doesn't receive REWASD support

I can't live without your incredible software

Did you guys have an estimated time to support this controller?

Comment

We have not yet received enough information from the manufacturer, but we plan to investigate this controller and support it.

Comment

Originally Posted by rafa761 View Post
                Hi there

Thank you to all REWASD team for your amazing work, gaming wouldn't be the same without you guys.

I'm thinking about this new Apex 3 controller, but definitely will not buy if it doesn't receive REWASD support

I can't live without your incredible software

Did you guys have an estimated time to support this controller?
                Cuando enciendo mi ordenador siempre REWASD en el inicio jeje

Comment

Originally Posted by MuSoL79 View Post
                  Cuando enciendo mi ordenador siempre REWASD en el inicio jeje
                  If you don't want that to happen, disable the [Autostart the background agent] option at [Preferences > Tray agent].

Comment

Just got this controller myself and am LOVING it. Best controller I've ever used. I wrote this somewhere else but will paste it here:

- only had the apex 3 for barely 2 days but i can already say it's a very good controller. the thing just feels like it costs money in your hand, if that makes sense. the rubberized grips are very high quality (better than razer's rubber coating on the previous gen Wolverines), the rubber coating on the analog joysticks are also top-notch, easily the best rubber compound i've ever seen come on a regular thumbstick, though I did put on the Scuf analog caps anyway simply because I prefer them.

- the dpad is also very high quality, all mechanical like the current-gen Wolverines, but done in the xbox series controller's "Hybrid" style, and elevated off the shell which makes it feel more comfortable. also less travel time between the left thumbstick and the dpad in terms of physically moving the thumb.

- the only downside is the awkward 4 button configuration on the backside, i personally don't mind it since it's like a bizarre hybrid of the Razer centered backbuttons and traditional side-buttons on the grips; but i imagine for anyone who has never used a Razer wolverine before they'll find the 2 buttons on the center of the backplate awkward at first.

- the mechanical switch buttons remind me of the older Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition controller's mechanical buttons. they got resistance to them, and i prefer this to the super-soft feel of the mechanical buttons on the wolverine Ultimate which, in my opinion, felt TOO soft.

- this is easily the most '"""premium""" feeling controller i've ever held in my hands, from the buttons to the dpad to the tension in the joysticks. I particularly enjoy how smooth the actual analog joysticks themselves feel, due to a combination of the anti-friction bracelets Flydigi puts on the stick shafts and the perfect tension feel of the spring; they are not as "loose" feeling as the default sticks on Xbox controllers, but they are also not as "stiff" feeling as the ones on 8bitdo's Ultimate controller or the hall effect King Kong 2 pro. A good compromise in terms of tension in the joysticks.

The adaptive triggers are cool, but I ended up just using the technology in them to simulate trigger stops.

- go to the Flydigi app and go to your profile config, go to the Triggers section and in there use the RACING profile then set "dampening strength" to 100%, and have it start at around trigger pull '75' or '80'.

Roughly speaking the '75'/'80' mark equates to about 40% percent physical trigger pull or travel; you can use a smaller starting position number (60 can work as well). What this means is that with the RACING profile enabled and configured this way the triggers pull down to about 40% of travel before hitting the hard stop of 100% dampening strength, effectively giving you home-made trigger stops so to speak.

I can't praise this controller enough, it is of unbelievably good quality and make, and it FEELS good in your hands. I can't speak for its durability since I've only had it barely 3 days now, but I hope it lasts because I want to keep using it for a long time.

Comment

Darn, was kind of hoping today's update would included Apex 3 support.

I can still use the pad with rewasd by using the flydigi software to bind the 1 key on the feizei virtual keyboard, and then using that key in a combined mapping setup. Kind of unstable though, breaks easily if I don't set it up in the right order and it sometimes locks up my usb(makes it so no new device can connect).

Good that we got Dualsense Edge support though.

Comment

>Darn, was kind of hoping today's update would included Apex 3 support.​

We'll add it in next release.

Comment

Good to know that someone likes Apex 3. I will consider to buy this controller when it will be possible to use its features as DualSense. Gyro can work like DS4/DS gyro, adaptive triggers can be something like DS adaptive triggers in reWASD or Impulse Trigger Vibrations. Screen can be bigger DS4/DS lightbar. Then it can be good hybrid controller merging Xbox and PlayStation gamepads (actually DualSense in Xbox form). But before buying I will see what reWASD team is able to cook from this controller, can be promising, but all depends on if it's possible to control these features.

Comment

Hey, any news? I hope it's closer than far. It would be a great addition to your great software.

Comment

Originally Posted by ReLucas View Post
                              Hey, any news? I hope it's closer than far. It would be a great addition to your great software.
                              We really hope that we will be able to provide support for Flydigi Apex 3 in the next release. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

We really hope that we will be able to provide support for Flydigi Apex 3 in the next release. Stay tuned!
                                Great news.

Comment

Working...
                                X