Suggestions and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions and Questions

Hello, I've been testing the trial version for 3 days now and while using the software I noticed a few things that I would like to talk about here...

First of all, my Roccat Tycon mouse has a joystick on the side and is recognized in Windows as a "HID-compliant game controller". Although I disabled them, they still appear in reWASD and it says "Your device is not supported. Want reWASD to work with it? Request it now."

My question is, could you add an option to hide devices? Either individually or globally via the settings? Like "Hide all unsupported devices"?

Next I noticed that "Vibrate to find this gamepad" does not work. No matter if with the Xbox One Controller or with the Elite Controller. An idea why that might be? Vibrations in the games are working with reWASD. (win7 x64)

Then I have a general question: I don't make any profiles or configs for various games but rather use only 2 to 3 different configs for all games. So the mappings are always the same. There are always 2 controllers connected and both use the same config. At the moment I have to select controller 1, then the "game" then the config then the Apply... and then the same for controller 2...

Isn't there a better or faster solution? I have seen that the configs are saved as *.rewasd. But if you start it the config is supposed to be imported and not applied to the controller. Is there a way to apply the profile directly to the controllers when starting the software?

So my question about this: What is the fastest way to get a config on 2 controllers at the same time?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

1. We going to to add a black list feature which which will allow you to hide unwanted devises. But it will be after the release.

2. It was working. Will check it on Monday, apparently it's some Windows 7 issues (maybe some update or something else). Usually the controller replug fixes the issue. Have you tried one ?

3. You must apply the configs to each controller manually. But it's single action. Next controller connection even after the PS reboot applies automatically, you don't need to do it again.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!

First of all: No problem with the delay, I just thought there was a problem with the forum software and that I can't write here. But that has been clarified now!

The controllers are operated wirelessly and are often switched on and off during the day, which could be seen as a "replug", I suppose? But the function to let the gamepad vibrate didn't work even once. But if it's Windows 7 it's not a problem because a migration to Windows 10 (sadly) is imminent.

About adding the profiles to the controllers...

In "Choose a Game" I added a "game". As "Game name" I wrote the name of the profile. Winamp for example. I leave the remaining fields empty. There I edit Config 1 in Slot 1 according to my needs. Save it and I'm done.

My "workflow" with the software now looks like this:

I select Controller 1, then select the "game" in the top right corner of the game list and can then press "Apply" directly because Config 1 and Slot 1 are always selected automatically. The next thing to do is to select controller 2 (luckily the current "game" remains) and press "Apply" again. This only takes seconds.

I'm sure it wasn't thought that way, but it's most comfortable and I won't use the autodetect feature and therefore don't get any problems.

Thanks for reading and have a good day!
      Last edited by inControl; 05.07.2019, 08:21. Reason: the edited part has already been completed

Comment

Hello!

We have released new reWASD version. It has "Blacklist" option and it will make it easier to apply a config to several controllers simultaneously.

First, there is a new option "Do not show in reWASD" in the active device's context menu at the bottom left of the main window. Click it if you want to hide the controller that is not used.

Second, you will notice a "group" icon next to the device's name. Click it and then create a group out of both controllers you use.
        Then, choose any config and press apply. As for your old configs include only one "gamepad" sub-config, it will be applied to both gamepads at once.

Also, I would recommend you to learn more about Autodetect functionality. You can adjust a list of associated apps and apply the config automatically when you enter one of them. Here is an explicit guide if you are interested in it

Comment

Working...
        X