Battery status icon, slider values & more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery status icon, slider values & more

#1. Can the battery status icon be handled separately from the reWASD tray icon?
    I want my reWASD icon hidden away and the battery icon visible. For now, it looks like I can't drag just one of them out of the hidden group.
    If this is somehow connected to both icons belonging to the same process, maybe I can at least hide the reWASD icon and leave only the battery status?

#2. Can all the sliders in the app have some value displayed next to them? It doesn't have to specify any units, just some value which I can come back to when I'm playing with settings.

#3. The meaning of these two are kind of confusing. They seem related, but the dropdown doesn't seem to do anything when you change it. Maybe add a label next to them or at least a tooltip?

Top-left dropdown
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dropdown.png
Views:	268
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	219493

Bottom switcher:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom switch.png
Views:	319
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	219492

#4. Maybe add checkbox setting along the lines of "Automatically witch to Slot 1 when reWASD window is closed".

Hey there!

#1. Nope at the moment. It is a known issue, we will try to fix it n the next releases. Sorry. As for all those icons are come from one process, you can't work with them separately. We need a bit more time to find a workaround.

#2. Some sliders have hints with a value. I hope it may help. The suggestion to show values always was raised a few times here, we will make it in one of the next versions after we understand how it should look like. Thanks for the suggestion, we will move this issue in our to-do list.

#3. In the top left corner of the app, you choose a Slot TO WHICH the chosen config should be applied. In the bottom center, you can switch among ACTIVE slots. So, you need to choose a slot at the top left first, when you apply a config, and then you may see or activate it at the bottom center.

#4. And finally, an unexpected suggestion I'm puzzled. Why you may need it? If you are tuning the config on Slot 2-4, and then close reWASD window, you will lose it. Could you please explain the use case?

Comment

#1. I would just say combine them Have battery be shown when you connect just one gamepad, reWASD shown when no gamepad is connected and several battery icons shown when you have more gamepads.

#3. So maybe just have the switcher at the bottom, where you can change the active slot and if you want to change which config will be used on current slot, just click on the config names to the right of the Apply button? Then just click Apply to assign the config to the current slot and save everything. IMO, this will be easier to understand for non-programmer people. When you press Apply near the slot dropdown, it looks like it does nothing and takes a bit of time to figure out what that dropdown is actually for.

At the very least it should somehow mention what that dropdown does.

#4. First, I was only referring to auto-switching the active slot, not losing changes done to a particular config.
      Well, the reason I came up with this may be because I'm misunderstanding the intended use case for slots vs shifts vs configs (or more often called "profiles")
      I guess with the current setup of "assign config to slot" in one place and "change active slot" in another place, it wouldn't make much sense to have it automatically switch to certain slot when closing. But if there was just the bottom switcher to change between slots, then that could become useful.

The way I envisioned it is that slots are basically "glorified shifts" where you can configure anything. And the use case would be that I'd start playing a game in slot 1 and in certain situations switch to slot 2. But if I just Alt+Tab from the game to change something I don't like in slot 2, it might be good for it to reset to slot 1 so that when I'm back in game it's switched to slot 1, which is considered as "default".

I realize it might not be a very popular use case and maybe it also does not match the way you see slots. That's why I said it should be something optional and disabled by default.

But on the same note, could maybe shifts have the option to offer a completely "clean slate" (where you can configure everything from scratch)? In the same way that slots do?

#5 And one more very interesting feature that I thought of: a config switch command in the macro/combo editor. This would open SOOOO many new possibilities for customization
      Last edited by AniRayn; 19.05.2020, 19:13.

Comment

#1. At the moment, you can turn Remap off/on for all devices with a single one icon. In your case, you will need to do it for each device. Yep, this may be a working optional solution, we will try to add it in one of the next versions.

#3. I think I see how we may combine our logic and your suggestion. We need to bind dots at the bottom and list at the top, so when you change an active slot, it changes in a list too. I think it is quite possible, but won't promise anything without some more research

#4. Yep, pretty rare use case, but your suggestion is definitely taken into account. Thanks!

#5. We are planning to add Slot switcher command pretty soon. It is not about being able to choose a config and apply it, but it may help in your case too

Comment

Working...
        X