Few suggestions/request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few suggestions/request...

Having now purchased the full version and had a play around with the software, I noticed a couple of things that would be nice to add if possible.

1) Key Combos - Add mouse movement, eg mouse left, mouse right etc. This way, for example, I want to build a wall in a straight line, I could make the key combo press the keys to place a wall, then move right for say 500ms then place another wall. Lets assume A is place wall and > is mouse right...

A Down, A Up, > (active), Pause 500, > (release), A Down, A up

You get the idea!

2) Shift modifier indicator - As I've mentioned in a reply on another thread, it would be nice to get some kind of indicator to show shift modifiers are active. I wonder if it's possible to make the Slot LEDs flash, or perhaps the main XBOX button could pulse/fade in and out or flash. The X Box app does allow to change brightness of the main xbox button, so that means it can be controlled to some extend via software

3) Allow shift modifiers on DOUBLE (or Triple) press actions so that I can still use the button normally as a single press, but double pressing toggles the shift modifier
    (Currently, it seems shift modifier is only allowed on single press)

If I think of any more I'll update this thread

Hey there!

1. Mouse movements in Combos are in our to-do list, stay tuned, we will definitely make it happen.

2. Do you use Xbox 360 controller? We are working on LED customization, it will be added to the next release, but not for Xbox unfortunately. At the moment, we have an idea with an overlay that will show all the relevant information you may need and want to see. We will think what is possible to do with LED/audio/vibration here.

3. This is not possible in the current architecture, but we are planning some big changes for the Shift mode, and will consider this idea.

All your suggestions are taken into account, but please be patient, all of them will require time

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hey there!

1. Mouse movements in Combos are in our to-do list, stay tuned, we will definitely make it happen.

2. Do you use Xbox 360 controller? We are working on LED customization, it will be added to the next release, but not for Xbox unfortunately. At the moment, we have an idea with an overlay that will show all the relevant information you may need and want to see. We will think what is possible to do with LED/audio/vibration here.

3. This is not possible in the current architecture, but we are planning some big changes for the Shift mode, and will consider this idea.

All your suggestions are taken into account, but please be patient, all of them will require time
      Of course, these things take time I know

Re: 2) - I'm using the "XBox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2"

Click image for larger version

Name:	bd73e058-796d-460d-a144-e6825fc81f06.jpg?n=999666_Gallery_1154x649_03.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	220515

As for the Shift Modifier - is it possible to map the modifier to a different device? I've got a simple USB HID Pedal Switch on order which would be nice if I could use that as the "external" modifier so to speak.

Thanks again for the great program, I'm learning more, the more I play with it and really liking the Key Combos etc

Comment

Thanks for understanding!

Yes, you can set a Shift modifier on another device, you just need to group both in reWASD. However, I am not sure if your HID Pedal is detectable in reWASD. So you see it there?

Comment

Thanks for understanding!

Yes, you can set a Shift modifier on another device, you just need to group both in reWASD. However, I am not sure if your HID Pedal is detectable in reWASD. So you see it there?
          It's arriving tomorrow - so will report back, but at least I know what I'm looking for now - grouping, so that's great, thankyou
          So even if this pedal doesn't work, I'll just pull it apart and make my own hid switch that IS recognised (Most likely with a 32u4 Atmega chip)

Comment

Will be waiting for the news from you :satisfied:

Comment

Will be waiting for the news from you :satisfied:
              So, my foot pedal arrived. Using the foot pedal software, I assigned it to simply "press" the letter K of the keyboard
              I then opened reWASD and it did recognise it as a "USB Composite Device". I had to initialise it and tell reWASD it was a gaming keyboard even though it's literally acting as 1 single key.
              I was then able to Group it with my controller, and WAS able to use it as my shift modifier - So, Happy days

Comment

Hello,
                That's great!! My congratulations. May I ask you what foot pedal vendor\model did you get, that this device is recognized by the reWASD?
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                  Hello,
                  That's great!! My congratulations. May I ask you what foot pedal vendor\model did you get, that this device is recognized by the reWASD?
                  This is the link to the one I purchased: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 08.48.46.png
Views:	303
Size:	490.4 KB
ID:	220535

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the device link. Good to know.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello IAmOrion !

2) Shift modifier indicator - As I've mentioned in a reply on another thread, it would be nice to get some kind of indicator to show shift modifiers are active. I wonder if it's possible to make the Slot LEDs flash, or perhaps the main XBOX button could pulse/fade in and out or flash. The X Box app does allow to change brightness of the main xbox button, so that means it can be controlled to some extend via software
                      We have just released our Desktop Overlay with reWASD 5.7. It allows you to get different notifications when Remap is turned ON and OFF, when you switch to another Slot or Shift, or when the battery is Low. Please go to Preferences -> Desktop Overlay to see all other powers it brings. Hope you will like it!

Comment

Working...
                      X