Add support for Elgato Stream Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Unfortunately, we have no news on this yet, but we remember the request and will definitely let you know when it happens.

Comment

We cannot support Elgato Stream Deck at the moment because it does not work via standard HID protocol. So we would need to get some documentation from manufacturer or spend lot of time on own investigation.

Comment

Hi there again,
        it feels like the approach via the HID protocol goes into the wrong direction. The solution I'm looking for should not require reWASD to observe button presses on the physical device, because that would defeat the whole purpose of the Stream Deck. Actually I would like to create my own layout and functionalities on the stream deck and link them with reWASD. The layout can be infinite in theory, because the stream deck allows you to have profiles, folders etc.

What needs to happen is an official reWASD plugin for the stream deck device which would allow us to create unique buttons which would send a signal to reWASD, which then would trigger some action. It really can be kept simple and you could start with a simple button (not a switch), but you should allow the creation of any amount of custom buttons.

TLDR;
        - Extend reWASD with the ability to create custom unique signal observers
        - Make the observers expose their unique ID so we can copy it
        - Create a simple official reWASD plugin for the Stream Deck where you can create a new button with and paste the unique ID to link it against the signal observer in reWASD

I do not expect the Stream Deck to be used as a real time controller because the stream deck already adds some latency to custom actions.

----

My current workaround is to switch a keyboard profile on and off when I need it and override some physical keys for my pre-configured virtual controller actions. It's painful and I also have to remember which keys I assigned them to and need to switch everyone off to restore the functionality of my keyboard. Using a Stream Deck I could assign a custom icon to the button action, put it some custom folder for organization purposes and call it a day.

Here are a few sources for you guys to scan through:
        - https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/art...m-Deck-Plugins
        - https://github.com/elgatosf/streamdeck-plugintemplate
        - https://github.com/elgatosf/streamdeck-counter (simple counter example)

If there was some reWASD SDK, I would probably have written the extensions myself by now.

Comment

Thank you for the details. We will check the info with the team.

Frankly speaking, we have something like virtual commands in mind and in our to-do list. I could not promise anything fast, but we do hope to make it possible in the future versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            We cannot support Elgato Stream Deck at the moment because it does not work via standard HID protocol. So we would need to get some documentation from manufacturer or spend lot of time on own investigation.
            Why not use their SDK?

I have quite the opposite request, I'd like a plugin for Streamdeck, to control reWASD profiles from it. There are many streamdeck plug-ins that take advantage of it integrating control over different software onto the streamdeck - see https://streamdeck-plugins.com

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion, it may work. We will check what is possible to do from our side with a team — and I will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion, it may work. We will check what is possible to do from our side with a team — and I will keep you posted.
                Did you have a closer look at this?

Comment

So far there is no news. We'll let you know when something comes up.

Comment

I see that they have released new Elgato Stream Deck Pedal. Looks nice to play racing games and use pedal for reloading/crouch/run buttons (alternative for paddles) or shifting modes. For now it's possible to use open sourced vJoy plugin but I do not think it's comfortable solution. Official rewasd plugin would be very helpful with macros , double and triple presses , or mapping pedals to RT and LT for acceleration and brakes. I think combo gyro controller + stream deck pedals can be very entertaining, it could be good combo with gyro steering for racing games or just helping to manage actions (eg. activate gyro for DualSense when Elgato pedal is pressed). I think this device is worth to support some day.

Comment

Hm, interesting! Thank you for sharing the info.

Comment

Hey!

Do you offer support for XK60 streaming deck?

I found it as Elgato's alternative (https://streammentor.com/stream-deck-alternative/) and it's great so far, but lacking plugins and support from big players.

Comment

Hello!

reWASD doesn't support any streaming deck devices officially. According to the description of this one, it has software which allows you to remap its buttons to F keys and media buttons. After it is done, it may be a chance that reWASD will detect it as a keyboard. If you have a chance to test this model, please let us know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                          X