Key Combo Timeline Or Execution Indication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Combo Timeline Or Execution Indication

Hi everyone, in my workflow I do create fairly long and complex key combos (not for gaming) but for camera movement in the game and hotkeys for other tools like OBS. It can be a bit hard to fine-tune those key combos sometimes.

With this request I would wish for a key combo timeline. What I mean by this is basically, as soon as a key combo is fired, reWASD would visually show / indicate which part of the key-combo is currently executing. Part of that flow it would be cool if there was some time indicator as well.

A simple implementation of the first part would be to re-color the UI elements to indicate that they are currently being executed or not. Such simple color extension would help me in my workflow a lot.

Hey there!

We are planning to add overlay in one of the next releases. One of the features it will have seems to be close to your request — we are planning to show the virtual controller and highlight the controls that are pressed now. No timeline in the first version for sure, but I think it could be added later.

Comment

Great to hear that. Is there a public feature roadmap or something? I don't want to rehash things here you might have planned anyways.

Comment

Nope, we keep our secrets But you may ask anything here, we are happy to answer any questions.

Comment

Hehe, fair enough. Does reWASD allow parallelism of actions in a key-combo? A timeline (vertical or horizontal) could easily differentiate parallel running actions.

I haven't extensively tested if removing the 10ms delay between each action and doing that manually where needed would actually create (almost) parallel actions or not. It's a bit hard to verify.

One of my use-cases is to send trigger some hot-keys to generate a special beep sound in OBS which is recorded on a separate audio track. It allows me to visually see where this moment was later on during video editing. reWASD does help a lot here.

Comment

reWASD sends each key press simultaneously. 10-ms delay was added because the games can't detect such a fast behavior. I think you should try to minimize it if you feel any delay.

Comment

Hello Knight_Breaker !

We have release our Desktop Overlay with notifications, a table of Mappings and a Virtual controller tester. Hope you will like it! Please check Preferences -> Desktop Overlay to see all available features and set a hotkey to activate a tester. Also, learn more about this update from our announcement post.

Comment

Working...
              X