Gyro on/off options, FS and deadzones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro on/off options, FS and deadzones

Hello! I playing first person games on the gamepad and REWASD has a good feature with turning on/off the gyro but it needs more powerful. Here are requests which will make REWASD better I think.

Request 1: add an option to automatically off the gyro while using stick.
    This option is very useful when you play the fast FPS with gyro because your hands have no drifts relative to your body so much compared to the classical method.
    Example how I use this alike option now: combo "gyro on/off" to the touchpad (I use DS4) center TAP with no block activators + combo on all RS zones with pressing TAP.

Request 2: split the gyro on/off function.
    For example: I can add a combo to a R-Max and R-Center stick zone with gyro off, and combo 'gyro on' to R-Min zone.
    This functions is a realisation variant of the first request.

Request 3: add posibilities to make remap for custom deadzones.
    Example: if we have splitted gyro on/off function we can add a macros "gyro on" to deadzone. It is very helpful for people whom use deadzones on a stick.

Request 4: add a Flick Stick mode for sticks.

Thank you.

Hello!

All your requests, in some form, are already been being discussed in our team, so I think, in the next versions, they will appear in the app.

At the moment, to make the default "off" behavior, you may try to map gyro inside some Shift (however, it won't help with a stick).

With a Stick, the idea with zones will work too if you map a command to the Low zone (and it is better to make it a bit bigger):

Click image for larger version

Name:	4058138059.png
Views:	534
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	224277

With this setup, your gyro will be working until you start moving a stick — gyro off will be triggered then. And when you release a stick, it will go to the Low zone again, and the gyro will be turned on again. Could you please try this workaround?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

At the moment, to make the default "off" behavior, you may try to map gyro inside some Shift (however, it won't help with a stick).
      Yes, I know about shifts, but it is not very comfortable and fast while playing.

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      With a Stick, the idea with zones will work too if you map a command to the Low zone (and it is better to make it a bit bigger):

With this setup, your gyro will be working until you start moving a stick — gyro off will be triggered then. And when you release a stick, it will go to the Low zone again, and the gyro will be turned on again. Could you please try this workaround?
      I tested this method early, but it has a problem: very often gyro do not correctly turns on after I control the camera by a stick and I need to touch a stick twice or thrice to reactivate a gyro. And thats why I requested split for the gyro turning on/off or add a new function 'use a camera stick -> gyro is off'.

Comment

I'll jump in here to mention a similar gyro feature request: the ability to enable gyro only when another button is held.

For example, in a lot of FPS games using Steam Input, I like setting the gyro to enable only when LT is held. This way, when I hold the button to aim down sights, my gyro is on and I can make fine aim adjustments with gyro.

I can do this right now in ReWASD by setting up the base layer with no gyro, then adding a shift layer that does nothing except include gyro enabled. However, this uses a whole shift layer, and there are only four of those available (not counting 0, the base layer). I wish this type of behavior didn't take up a whole shift layer.

Comment

I tested this method early, but it has a problem: very often gyro do not correctly turns on after I control the camera by a stick and I need to touch a stick twice or thrice to reactivate a gyro. And thats why I requested split for the gyro turning on/off or add a new function 'use a camera stick -> gyro is off'.
          Got it! Will think what is possible to do.

I can do this right now in ReWASD by setting up the base layer with no gyro, then adding a shift layer that does nothing except include gyro enabled. However, this uses a whole shift layer, and there are only four of those available (not counting 0, the base layer). I wish this type of behavior didn't take up a whole shift layer.
          You can re-use this Shift for other actions that are triggered by LT, it should not be the only one for the gyro. Actually, there are pretty many mappings could be done with 4 Shifts. How does your config look like so 4 ones is not enough? Pretty unexpected request If you need more actions to be added to the config, you can also check our Shortcuts and Activators.

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.8 version that includes Flick Stick functionality and many other things you can check here. Would be happy to get your feedback ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X