No announcement yet.

Map Pressure Sensitive Face Buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! We are aware of such behavior of Shift modes. As for you, it seems to be like a bug, or glitchy, other users appreciate how it works.

Thus, we are on our way of making the following:
    Current behavior, the one that you described will be optional, and the behavior that you want to achieve, 'immediate shift switching once the activator is pressed' will be the default one.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Comment

Thank you wookiepediologist for the reply.
      it would be great to have both options at the same time, because other users like the way it is now too.
      gladly waiting for the update, Thanks a lot.
      Last edited by Alireal2; 29.09.2021, 12:53.

Comment

You are welcome!

Comment

I wondering if you can make the face buttons work like the way L2 R2/LT RT in the PS4/Xbox controllers because they are physically having pressure sensitive/analog buttons and the rest are only digital input, and all of PS2/PS3 controllers buttons physically have pressure sensitive buttons except for the L3/R3 are digital input buttons.

what I mean is implementing the way of L2 R2/LT RT work from Virtual DS4/Xbox to every face button as an option under "Virtual DS3".
          Thanks.

Comment

PS4 or Xbox controllers does not have the 'physical pressure'. These buttons are digital on these controllers and there are only 2 states, pressed or released.

If by l3 and r3 you mean stick movements, they work as analogue, but if you mean the stick 'clicks', they are digital. There is no way for clicks to work as analogue.

Comment

1. I know L2 R2/LT RT in PS4/Xbox controllers are the only buttons that are pressure sensitive.
              2. I know L3 and R3 clicks sure they're are impossible to be analog input.

Comment

In case you want triggers to work as analogue, it will work as analogue on any virtual or physical controller. All our virtual controllers can work with analogue input.

Comment

I was thinking about Virtual DS3 controller and how to emulate pressure sensitivity and I found one idea. You can create some "delta" button activator where you are defining start pressure value, end pressure value and time. Activator will try to reach from start to end pressure in provided time. Keeping button pressed after reaching end value will just keep this value active. In this way fast tapping will keep low values, when long press will always reach maximum provided value. Can be useful to emulate analog triggers on Switch Pro controller too.

Alternative to this idea can be creating some kind of container which will be charging pressure value depends how long we are pressing digital button, and releasing button will be discharging this container according to speed which we will select. Ofc, we will need to set start, end and time values too. Eg. Pressing X will charge pressure sensitive button from 0% to 100% in 0.7s, and when button is released coming back to 0% will take 0.5s. Container idea have benefit that fast tapping will not start charging value from start value again, but from value which container reached during discharging (can be 0%, can be 60%, depends how fast discharging has been set and how fast we pressed button again). Similar behavior we can observe with driving cars. They are not stopping immediately after releasing accelerator button, but slowing down. Pressing button again is increasing speed from level which was slowly decreasing.

I have checked Key Combo editor and we will need something like we have now with pressure percent with triggers, but for both actions (press and release), but Δ will have start pressure, end pressure and time which needs to reach from starting pressure to end pressure.

Seems possible to test now with digital triggers (especially for Switch Pro Controller), and later can be implemented with virtual DualShock 3 controller.

Comment

Interesting idea, thank you!

I am not sure how it will be implemented right now, but seems that your suggestion sounds pretty good. Still, we will see it a bit later, on the development stage.

Comment

Hello folks!

We have released reWASD 6.3 that allows you to emulate Virtual DS3!

Even if you do not have the physical device, you may create it out of any other one supported in reWASD. If you do have DS3, you may adjust it as you wish and remap to the virtual controller with combos, shortcuts and many other things. Hope you will like it!

If you want to check how PCSX2 pressure sensitivity works, you may need some preparation.

reWASD is not compatible with ScpServer and DsHidMini — both these open source drivers have some crucial issues, and it would be better to remove them and use reWASD only in this case.

libUSB is compatible with our virtual DS3 controller, so you should check this one and ensure that you are using Windows 11 with latest updates.

In libUSB, you should find our virtual controller (or your physical one), check that you are using USB Input Device is chosen in Device Manager and play!​

If you are going to use RPCS3, please ensure that sixaxis driver should be used for the virtual controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

If you are going to use RPCS3, please ensure that sixaxis driver should be used for the virtual controller.
                        By default my Virtual DS3 uses driver steamxbox.sys by Valve (probably cause I have Steam installed). This gives me pressure sensitive buttons in RPCS3 but no gyro. If I try to change driver to sisaxis by Sony, Windows gives me "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device" and "This device cannot start. (code 10)"

I tested this with real DS3 and Nintendo Switch controllers

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	233832

Info:

Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.2006)
                        reWASD 6.3.0.6721

Comment

Please try removing the controller from Windows Device Manager along with the current drivers.
                          You can also use the DriverStoreExplorer to look for and remove 3rd party drivers for the DS3 controller.

After that re-install reWASD and check again.

Comment

Nope, didn't work. Removing steamxbox.sys using DriverStoreExplorer screw up all my input devices after restart, including wireless mouse and keyboard (got Code 19 on them). Took me hours to figure how to restore steamxbox.sys.

Thought my sixaxis driver was bad ... but when connecting DS3 using cable, Windows used sixaxis driver on it.

Name:	e_wired.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	233872

Might be worth mentioning that when I install sixaxis driver on Virtual DS3 ... I am "forcing" it: sixaxis is not listed under "Compatible hardware" ... so i have to untick "Compatible hardware" in order to select sixaxis ... after which Windows warns me that "this is not good idea" ... and I get Code 10 as I mention above

Name:	e_compatible.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	233873

No idea how to install sixaxis driver on Virtual DS3 ... any help would be appreciated
                            Attached Files

Comment

OK ... turn out steamxbox.sys is Enhance Xbox controller support in steam ... switching that off - get rids of steamxbox.sys in Virtual DS3 controller ... it is now defaults to HID compliant controller that require no drivers

Name:	e2-nodriver.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	233877

when updating driver to sixaxis this time (have to "force" sixaxis as it is not listed under "Compatible hardware" again) ... on reboot, still does not work

Name:	e2-nitwork.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	233878

Comment

Initially I thought you needed to install sixaxis on Virtual DS3for it to function 100% as DS3, because as it was - gyro was not functioning in RPCS3 (pressure sensitive buttons worked).

Then I look at ReWASD interface of Virtual DS3 and noticed: there is no gyro function on Virtual DS3.

So it dawn on me, sixaxis was supposed to be installed on actual DS3 controller. And Virtual DS3 supposed to be left alone. Am I correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X