No announcement yet.

Lt RT zone to use as a shift modifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt RT zone to use as a shift modifier?

Hi,
    LT High to shift1, LT Med to shift2, LT3 to shift3
    so I can switch it on my elite controller to activate different gameplay

Originally Posted by the1234321 View Post
    Hi,
    LT High to shift1, LT Med to shift2, LT3 to shift3
    so I can switch it on my elite controller to activate different gameplay
    Hi! Thank you for your suggestion.
    There is currently no option to use trigger zones as a shift modifier. We plan to make it possible to switch to another shift layer using a command, but can't talk about an approximate date yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion.
      There is currently no option to use trigger zones as a shift modifier. We plan to make it possible to switch to another shift layer using a command, but can't talk about an approximate date yet.
      Any chance of being able to make a quick 180 spin button fi=or controller? Also maybe an option to switch to a different shift modifier if button is held longer than selected time? That would be gold.

Comment

Originally Posted by manny2709 View Post

Any chance of being able to make a quick 180 spin button fi=or controller? Also maybe an option to switch to a different shift modifier if button is held longer than selected time? That would be gold.
        This guide shows how to make a 180/360 degree turn combo in 1 click.
        As I wrote above, we plan to make it possible to switch to other shift layers with the command. And then, with the activators it will be possible to do what you want.

Comment

We plan to make it possible to switch to another shift layer using a command, but can't talk about an approximate date yet.
          This is huge news! I recall the official reWASD forum user talking about needing to completely overhaul the Shift system in order to achieve something similar to this when I asked about it a while ago. I can only imagine the kind of work required not only to handle this but also the recently talked about Global Shift/Config. I understand this could be in the shop for a long time and that is 100% fine given how herculean of a task this appears to be. Hopefully the devs know how much all of us appreciate their willingness to not shy away from these difficult and lengthy updates and iterations. 👏

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post

This is huge news! I recall the official reWASD forum user talking about needing to completely overhaul the Shift system in order to achieve something similar to this when I asked about it a while ago. I can only imagine the kind of work required not only to handle this but also the recently talked about Global Shift/Config. I understand this could be in the shop for a long time and that is 100% fine given how herculean of a task this appears to be. Hopefully the devs know how much all of us appreciate their willingness to not shy away from these difficult and lengthy updates and iterations. 👏
            Yep, this is a huge re-work, but it is certainly planned. Thank you for your support

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

This guide shows how to make a 180/360 degree turn combo in 1 click.
              As I wrote above, we plan to make it possible to switch to other shift layers with the command. And then, with the activators it will be possible to do what you want.
              Yes I have tried this method but it turns very slow. I mean quick flick around to combat quick mouse flick turn around.

Comment

Yes I have tried this method but it turns very slow. I mean quick flick around to combat quick mouse flick turn around.
                That kind of move is impossible for sticks, unless sensitivity or camera turn speed option in game set to very high values.

But there is nice trick of momentarily switching to a mouse for fast turns. For that you have to make mouse [High Zone] small and map it to mouse move for every direction. This will pass only fast mouse moves to the game along with gamepad input. But there's a catch: it won't work if game accepts only one type of controls at the time (gamepad or KBM) and might also disable aim assist.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                  That kind of move is impossible for sticks, unless sensitivity or camera turn speed option in game set to very high values.

But there is nice trick of momentarily switching to a mouse for fast turns. For that you have to make mouse [High Zone] small and map it to mouse move for every direction. This will pass only fast mouse moves to the game along with gamepad input. But there's a catch: it won't work if game accepts only one type of controls at the time (gamepad or KBM) and might also disable aim assist.
                  how do I map mouse movement to a button on the controller I don't see an option only R and L sticks.

Comment

how do I map mouse movement to a button on the controller I don't see an option only R and L sticks.
                    Do I get it right: when mouse is being moved, you want reWASD to press a button on controller or when a controller button is pressed, you want to move a mouse pointer?

For first one you'd need to map a [Mouse Zone] to a controller button. Option available at [Advanced mouse settings].

For latter - these are the mappings you're looking for:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	524
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	226151

Comment

I'd love to see this made possible, specifically just to be able to create a shift layer that only activates Gyro when the left trigger has been fully pulled. If that's already possible, I'd love to hear how to go about doing so!

Comment

Originally Posted by Justin-Wood View Post
                        I'd love to see this made possible, specifically just to be able to create a shift layer that only activates Gyro when the left trigger has been fully pulled. If that's already possible, I'd love to hear how to go about doing so!
                        Hey there! Nope, it is not possible yet. At the moment, you can only set the whole trigger as a modifier. We are working on the feature that will let use the zone as a modifier. Stay tuned!

Comment

Did this ever happen? I'm trying to set different zones to different shift layers so i can modify the sensitivity of gyro mouse controls while aiming in games and navigating in the windows desktop environment.

Comment

Not yet, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                            X