Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay notification also for toggles

Hi,

We already have notification for shifts. But could we have a notification also for any toggle we activate within a profile?
    A bit like capslock key, it's not always easy, in this case, impossible, to know when we activated a toggle on a button or if it's still on without a proper visual to help us. And if we have more than one toggle on a same profile, it becomes quickly overwhelming and impossible to manage. Notifications could be used as a visual cue to manage those situations, if possible with custom colors, like shifts notif, to differentiate one toggle from another without having to read the notif.

Currently i found a workaround and use the virtual controller tester on my second monitor to check the toggles. But it's far from optimal.

Thank you.

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion! We will add this idea to our to-do list, but I am not sure if we could make it in the nearest future. Will do our best.

Comment

Addendum : Since we can already add a description for each of our toggle (really useful after awhile since we don't always remember what does what), if you ever decide to implement the idea, maybe adding the option to display that specific description (in the case we have made one) instead of just the button toggle in the notification. So the notification would display on screen what the toggle currently being activated actually does for more clarity.

Thank you.

Comment

Noted, thank you for your suggestion!

Comment

I come back to this suggestion cause it's been really annoying. When not using autodetect, using is the toggle is always taking the risk to leave that toggle on after we quit a game. At this point, i feel like i have 50% chance of leaving the toggle on and i have no way of knowing if did or not until it enters in conflict with something else during PC use or use the controller again. Sometimes i even let a macro on for the whole day until i realize it. If the macro is made with keyboard inputs, it's even more annoying.

I was wondering, until you may decide one day to implement a toggle display, if i could use shift for displaying the toggle. The shift display is perfect to signal a toggle but i can't seem to sync the toggle of the button with the toggle the said shift.
          Example : I want LT toggled when pressed, I use the toggle LT on shift 0. Then i go to shift 4, and use LT for shift modifier with the toggle option. I thought it would work on paper, but it seems like in practice, they toggle alternatively instead of together. Any idea of to take advantage of the shift display feature to do what i want without any issue?

Alternatively, a timer on a toggle macro would also kinda work i guess. After let's say 3 mins of being toggled, the button toggles off automatically. Is that possible?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi!
            We have already created the corresponding task for the feature that you would like to see in reWASD. We will let you know as soon as such feature is implemented.
            Thank you for your suggestion once again. Please stay tuned for updates!

Comment

Hey,
              I know you noted the suggestion and i thank you. What i was asking in the last message is if i could find a workaround with shift as i described it.
              I can display a visual with a button when it's assigned to a shift + i can use a toggle on that same button. Any way to combine the twos so a shift config is indirectly assigned to a button toggle?
              Since you didn't confirm it, i assume i can't but i'm still not sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Badibbou View Post
                Hey,
                I know you noted the suggestion and i thank you. What i was asking in the last message is if i could find a workaround with shift as i described it.
                I can display a visual with a button when it's assigned to a shift + i can use a toggle on that same button. Any way to combine the twos so a shift config is indirectly assigned to a button toggle?
                Since you didn't confirm it, i assume i can't but i'm still not sure.
                Yes, in general, this option was meant to work (using the toggle shift-modifier and simple toggle), but unfortunately we found a bug which prevents this feature to work properly (prevents the toggle shift-modifier button and simple toggle work simultaneously)
                In fact, there is no workaround at the moment, and unfortunately you have to wait for updates.
                Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

Just wanted to share an excellent workaround i've found that actually works even better than the suggestion i made.

It requires an overlay, like this one, based on playclaw, https://hudsight.com/ (available on steam) :
                  You set the app so it displays an overlay when a key is pushed.
                  You use rewasd to toggle the same key that you need in your own program.
                  Now, every time you use the toggle you have a visual indication on top of it (+ entirely customizable) that alerts you the toggle is on.

No more hidden toggles activated accidentally that slows down the PC or messes up with my menus. It saved me from a TON of troubles i used to have. I actually refrained from using toggles features uniquely because of this.
                  You can even tweak the different toggles you use by always sneaking in the shared keyboard input (provided it has no effect on the macro you want) in the key combo and it'd work for all your rewasd toggles.

Comment

Just noticed, it also works with F13-24, and so does Rewasd, so there is actually no downside from it at all.

All your toggles key combo should look like this :
                    {F13 down} - {Your macro here} - {F13 up}
                    Use F13 for render toggle overlay on Hudsight with hold mode option.

And there you go. No conflict possible anymore. Even better.

Comment

Nice one, thank you for sharing

Comment

You're welcome. Just be aware, you'd still get issues when no game is on, if you move the controller around for example and accidentally press a toggle button, or use a controller with a program not "hookable" by the overlay (or with the desktop). The rewasd macro keeps being played without any way of knowing it. I'm starting to develop a paranoid "stop combo" shortcut reflex in those cases, even when no toggles are on, which is a really bad habit.

I'm definitely still gonna use the feature you might come up with as a safety net.

Comment

Will do our best, but can't tell you the estimated release date at the moment.

By the way, not sure if you know, we have a combo to stop all the active mappings (toggles, long combos and so on). You need to press both bumpers + View + Menu on your physical controller. This hotkey could be turned off in Preferences -> Gamepads tab.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                            By the way, not sure if you know, we have a combo to stop all the active mappings (toggles, long combos and so on). You need to press both bumpers + View + Menu on your physical controller. This hotkey could be turned off in Preferences -> Gamepads tab.
                            Quoting myself on this :
                            I'm starting to develop a paranoid "stop combo" shortcut reflex in those cases, even when no toggles are on, which is a really bad habit.
                            That's what i was meaning. I push this shortcut regularly when i use a controller out of a hookable program when i don't have a visual indication anymore. It's really annoying, but it's the only thing i have for now.

Comment

I see. Well, your suggestion is noted, and will do our best to add this functionality to the Overlay in the upcoming releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X