Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving rewasd toggles with AHK

Hi,

This thread follows this one https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...tly-toggled-on , the very first concern and bother i had with rewasd, and where I asked for a way to cancel a toggle via another button, which is not possible on rewasd currently and most likely won't be for awhile.

Here is the problem :
    The toggle option is very useful but the toggle off action is always a waste of time and energy. On rewasd or anywhere else for that matter. A toggle off is always a bother. Like having to switch off the light when leaving a room. No one actually wants to do that. So i searched a way to toggle off a button in rewasd WITHOUT having to push again on the button. An automatic toggle off if you will. I used the little i know about AHK to achieve that. It's much simpler than what it looks like and terribly effective as it improves rewasd effectiveness by a lot (2 times less inputs needed when it comes to toggles commands).

First, there is no actual toggles option involved at all at any point, paradoxically. Instead, you'll want a key to be held down that will act as a toggle. Let's say Numpad5 is the key you need to be held down (= toggle).

In rewasd, simply choose the button you want your toggle to be activated with and assign it to F15

Then add this simple script in AHK :

F15::
    Sendinput, {Numpad5 down}
    return

In rewasd, choose any other button that you often use after the toggle off, you can virtually do it all the buttons but there is often only one, two or three buttons you often come back to naturally after the toggle :
    (Activate the turbo option for them and change them in key combo to : {the native button down} {F16 down} {F16 up} Very long pause {the native button UP} (the pause is made so a long press is still registered if needed).
    Example for X button on Xbox : {X down} {F16 down} {F16 up} 50 sec pause {X up} )

Or just use Press or Release remap function. works better.

Then add this script to AHK after the previous one :

F16::
    Sendinput, {Numpad5 up}
    return

There. Now every time you toggle your button, you can just forget about it and use another button that will activate its native function as usual but also automatically deactivate the toggle without having to come back to it and do it yourself. The possibilities are limitless.
    For a shooter game for example, it allows you to have a toggle aim activated all the time and cancelled as soon as you do another action that often needs for the aim to be cancelled anyway, improving your reactivity in game by a lot.

If you guys find any way to improve it, you're more than welcome to add your suggestions.
    Last edited by Badibbou; 27.08.2021, 19:30.

Hey there!

Thank you for the detailed post. I hope it could help other folks here.

Yep, the ability to stop the Toggle with other button is not implemented in reWASD, and I may agree that our "emergency stop" hotkey is a bit too hard to push.
    Still, we will see what is possible to do from our side in the upcoming releases.

Comment

Working...
    X