Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flick Stick improvements and bug fix request.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flick Stick improvements and bug fix request.

Hello reWASD team, loving the software to play Valorant. I am a Flick Stick user and I have a lot of experience using it on JoyShockMapper so I'd like to give a few suggestions and feedback to make it better for reWASD as not all options are working correctly and some controllers do not get the same benefits as others.
    • Flick Stick's "Duration" setting does not work.
    As Flick Stick is new for reWASD this must have been a mistake overlooked before sending out the patch but duration on Flick Stick to get the optimal "Flick Time" is not working, changing the duration from lowest to 1500ms does not make a difference and I hope this is being fixed soon.
    • Default "Threshold" of 90% is not set when first enabling Flick Stick.
    This may be more of a personal setting for some but coming from JoyShockMapper, that application first introduced Flick Stick and in the explanation of the input method it states that a 90% threshold with the joystick is the recommended amount because flicking needs to be very precise and having a large radius for input makes it inaccurate when enabled too early in the stick pull. Currently reWASD's default is 20000 which does not feel like 90%, I was able to get this closer to JoyShockMapper by doing a simple calculation of what 90% is: The highest value which is 32768 90% of that is 29491 and I think this should be reWASD's default amount as a good starting point.
    • From my testing going from Sony DualSense to Nintendo Pro Controller has some major differences
    When using reWASD's Flick Stick I first played with the DualSense controller and reWASD offers "Smoothing" on Flick Stick so when you pull the stick in a direction you can filter out any jitter that comes from the stick, I found a value of 7-8 to remove any jitter. When switching to the Pro Controller this entire setting is not available with that controller. Although the joystick is usable I do notice very slight wobble jitter with Nintendo's controller and I think leaving the option there to use would benefit many users especially if their controller joysticks are more worn down.

Another differene between the 2 controller is when rotating the right stick, the DualSense is very smooth on camera rotation with Flick Stick but the Pro Controller has very noticeable jitter when turning around, JoyShockMapper also experiences this and it could be because of the resolution of the stick is different than the DualSense but with reWASD it's more jarring. If you could look into this and compare both controllers you may see how this is pretty unfortunate for Pro Controller users.

That's all I have to share with you today. If anything else is discovered I will report back to you, regardless of these issues setting up Flick Stick with reWASD doesn't take very long which has been very nice, I do hope the duration setting does get fixed soon as it's very bad on my eyes using it without it. I hope this has helped and take care.
  • Answer selected by reWASDer at 24.11.2021, 12:26.

Hello podcastdog !

Today, we have published new reWASD version on our website. It includes the list of improvements connected to Flick Stick:
    • We have added Smoothing option for Nintendo controllers
    • We have fixed an issue with the Duration you mentioned in your post
    • We have improved some other things for flicks, also connected with a bit of acceleration that was actually added while using it
    Please download the latest build from rewasd.com, install it and I hope, enjoy

We are not ready to change the default Threshold as for we haven't got any other similar requests, and we assume that our customers already got used to it. Hope you will be able to change it in your configs and still enjoy your gaming experience.

Comment

Hello!
      Thank you for such feedback, the information you provided is correct. We are having some issues with the duration of flick stick, and we are going to fix it as soon as possible.

We do also appreciate your words about other things you noticed, it is noted

Comment

Hello podcastdog !

Today, we have published new reWASD version on our website. It includes the list of improvements connected to Flick Stick:
        • We have added Smoothing option for Nintendo controllers
        • We have fixed an issue with the Duration you mentioned in your post
        • We have improved some other things for flicks, also connected with a bit of acceleration that was actually added while using it
        Please download the latest build from rewasd.com, install it and I hope, enjoy

We are not ready to change the default Threshold as for we haven't got any other similar requests, and we assume that our customers already got used to it. Hope you will be able to change it in your configs and still enjoy your gaming experience.

Comment

Working...
        X