This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline controllers

I have several controllers ... all of them have been connected to ReWASD and given names

Is it possible to identify these controllers as "permanent" and keep them in ReWASD menu "grey out" so I can work on their mapping while they are "offline".

Of course if controllers are not marked ad "permanent" (ie my friends brought one), just remove them from ReWASD menu when they are disconnected.

Its annoying to have to keep controller connected to work on its mapping.
  • Answer selected by wookiepediologist at 15.12.2021, 16:40.

There is always a possibility to edit the config and it's mappings, as you are editing the config file, not the controller itself. Just select any other device, then select the config for another controller, swap to the gamepad tab and adjust the mappings correspondingly.

Some buttons will be missing, as we use Xbox One\360 as a standard layout and you can edit the default layout of the controller only.

As you can see on a screenshot attached, I have selected mouse, but still can edit the config for the controller.
    Attached Files

Comment

There is always a possibility to edit the config and it's mappings, as you are editing the config file, not the controller itself. Just select any other device, then select the config for another controller, swap to the gamepad tab and adjust the mappings correspondingly.

Some buttons will be missing, as we use Xbox One\360 as a standard layout and you can edit the default layout of the controller only.

As you can see on a screenshot attached, I have selected mouse, but still can edit the config for the controller.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did not know that ... that will work

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211216_091421.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	228986
          Did not work for me ... my keyboard and mouse are HP that connects to PC via one dongle ... ReWASD group it as HP Wireless Keyboard Kit ... so i dont habd separate mouse icon

Comment

The [Eye] icon is crossed on your screenshot. Click on it so it would change to clear [Eye] icon. That will allow you to change other sub-configs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-16_5-21-53.png
Views:	335
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	228988

Comment

Now ... that worked

Thx

Comment

Working...
              X