Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlay update. Smoothness triggers and sticks emulation. Stick centering function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay update. Smoothness triggers and sticks emulation. Stick centering function

Hello dear development team!

Your product has been a lifesaver for me!
    I have significant health problems and because of them I cannot fully use any gamepad in games. Thanks to the Rewasd functionality, I finally got the opportunity to play my favorite games.
    Thanks a lot to all of you!

I have a few ideas to help make Rewasd better and better for all its users.
    Let me express my thoughts.

1. Gamepad overlay update
    The overlay must be configurable with at least the following parameters:
    - display modes: 1 - the overlay is displayed in its entirety; 2 - reassigned elements (stick, button, etc.) are displayed when the element is activated (pressing the button, dismissing the trigger)
    - choice of displaying an overlay or separately for each element by pressing or holding a key or in a constant mode
    - setting the fading time of the overlay or individual elements when the overlay is displayed by pressing or holding the keys
    - the ability to enable the overlay in full screen mode (including on top of a running game) or in windowed mode (for example, to display on a separate monitor)
    - change the maximum size of the overlay for fullscreen and windowed modes
    - the ability to add and remove any reassignable gamepad elements to the overlay
    - separate positioning in the overlay of EACH emulated element (stick, button, etc.), for example, since it is possible to customize the location of controls in the mobile game Asphalt
    - different display options for each element:
    for sticks, an animated stickschematic representation in the form of a circle with a floating indicator; scales for each axis with a central division and a floating indicator (one or two axes can be displayed as needed),
    for triggers, an animated trigger or a scale in the form of a segment with a floating indicator,
    for a gyroscope, an animated gamepad or a scale in the form of a segment with a central division and a floating indicator

2. Emulation of the smoothness of pressing LT and RT triggers
    To emulate the smoothness of triggers, you need:
    - add a percentage scale for the trigger, which allows you to fix the degree of pressure
    - when assigning a trigger to any keyboard key, set the maximum degree of pressing the trigger in percent, as well as the maximum time, speed and acceleration to achieve the set value

3. Emulation of the smoothness of the sticks
    Since only 8 maximum directions can be set with the buttons on the keyboard, I would very much like to have a setting that would make the transition in adjacent directions smooth with a defined speed.
    This will make it possible to describe an almost perfect circle by successively pressing the "arrow" keys that emulate directions.

4. Stick centering function
    When emulating sticks with a mouse in the "radial menu mode", it is very often necessary to "reset" the stick to the center position, because. it is difficult to determine it with a mouse.

---
    Sorry for my English. Google translate helped me.

No response after 2 weeks of posting. It's a pity

Comment

Hello!

I am extremely sorry for missing your post. Please do not hesitate to ping us if the same ever happens again.

- display modes: 1 - the overlay is displayed in its entirety; 2 - reassigned elements (stick, button, etc.) are displayed when the element is activated (pressing the button, dismissing the trigger)
      There are two modes of the Overlay we have right now: you can show the controller only or the controller with a table of controls. I assume you could use the first option. You will need to go to Preferences ( at the bottom right) -> Overlay tab. Switch to the Virtual controller tester and check Show controller only option.

But as far as I understand, you want to adjust the controls of the controller shown on the Overlay? So you could have sticks there but do not see the buttons?

- choice of displaying an overlay or separately for each element by pressing or holding a key or in a constant mode
      Hm, it may be possible if we add a Command that lets you show the Overlay. Will think about it.

- setting the fading time of the overlay or individual elements when the overlay is displayed by pressing or holding the keys
      There is a way to change the Opacity of the Overlay. Do you want it to be shown and hidden during some time?

- the ability to enable the overlay in full screen mode (including on top of a running game) or in windowed mode (for example, to display on a separate monitor)
      Full screen mode is possible for DirectX 11 games. Please try DirectX option to adjust the list of games where it could be shown.

- change the maximum size of the overlay for fullscreen and windowed modes
      This feature is already in our to-do list.

- the ability to add and remove any reassignable gamepad elements to the overlay
      Not sure what you mean here. The Overlay shows the virtual controller only. Do you mean you want to see the controller without some controls? Is it the same you mention in your first suggestion?

- separate positioning in the overlay of EACH emulated element (stick, button, etc.), for example, since it is possible to customize the location of controls in the mobile game Asphalt
      And again, not sure why and how you want it to be. Overlay is not showing your controller, it shows the virtual controller — Xbox 360, Xbox One or DS4 at the moment. Why may you need to change the physical representation of the controller?

Would be great if you could show any examples, maybe pictures. This way we will be sure that we are on the same page.

Am I right that both suggestion are about the virtual trigger emulated on the physical keyboard? Noted, we do have something like this in our to-do list.

Great idea. Never thought about it actually. Will discuss it with a team.

4. Stick centering function
      Totally clear Will add this one — but not sure if it happens soon.

Comment

Hello!
        Thank you very much for your attention! I am very glad that you considered my thoughts so carefully and gave a detailed answer to my proposals.

I'll try to make some clarifications.

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

There are two modes of the Overlay we have right now: you can show the controller only or the controller with a table of controls. I assume you could use the first option. You will need to go to Preferences ( at the bottom right) -> Overlay tab. Switch to the Virtual controller tester and check Show controller only option.
        But as far as I understand, you want to adjust the controls of the controller shown on the Overlay? So you could have sticks there but do not see the buttons?
        No, I meant displaying either the entire gamepad, or displaying its individual elements (buttons, sticks, triggers). In the second mode, each element is drawn separately and can be arbitrarily positioned and scaled. Also, separately for each element, you can set the transparency and display option: a button icon, a scale, or a simple indicator.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	overlay mode 2.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	677.1 KB
ID:	231117

Hm, it may be possible if we add a Command that lets you show the Overlay. Will think about it.
        What I meant here is that an overlay element, such as a Y button or an RT trigger, can only appear on the screen when directly activated and disappear when the button is released.

There is a way to change the Opacity of the Overlay. Do you want it to be shown and hidden during some time?
        Yes, that's right! It would be great to specify the time during which the overlay or its individual elements will become completely transparent.

Not sure what you mean here. The Overlay shows the virtual controller only. Do you mean you want to see the controller without some controls? Is it the same you mention in your first suggestion?

And again, not sure why and how you want it to be. Overlay is not showing your controller, it shows the virtual controller — Xbox 360, Xbox One or DS4 at the moment. Why may you need to change the physical representation of the controller?

Would be great if you could show any examples, maybe pictures. This way we will be sure that we are on the same page.
        I tried to sketch my idea The main idea is that interfaces are very different in games. Placing controls separately on the screen in the right place can increase readability and informativeness during gameplay.

Am I right that both suggestion are about the virtual trigger emulated on the physical keyboard? Noted, we do have something like this in our to-do list.
        The idea is that I really want to come up with an implementation of the smoothness of pressing triggers on a physical keyboard. The most important example is the smooth pressing of the gas and brake pedals in racing games.

Great idea. Never thought about it actually. Will discuss it with a team.
        Here I was referring to the emulation of a 360-degree stick deflection and the smoothness of deflection from their center position. This is extremely important for stick emulation on keyboard keys for sports simulations such as FIFA, PES or NBA. The degree of stick deflection can affect the speed of action, and the angle of deflection on accuracy.
        These are extremely important parameters!
        I would really like to figure out how to implement smoothness for these controls on the keyboard keys.

Comment

Thank you for the details!

Now some things that were not clear for me are totally understandable.

We will take all your suggestions into account, but I should warn you that all of them are pretty tricky, and so we won't be able to implement any of them soon. Stay tuned for the updates!

Comment

"You are my only hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi"
            You are just the best guys with unique product that makes me happiness!
            I understand very well that the technical implementation can be very complex and time consuming. I do some programming myself, because I am developing front-end sites and therefore I can imagine how much effort is required to implement complex tasks.

With great interest and hope I will wait for the result of your work! Only reWASD gave me the opportunity to enjoy my favorite games and for that alone I am extremely grateful to you all!

Comment

Thank you for much for your kind words!

Will do our best

Comment

Working...
              X