[Request] PS2 Controller Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
    My mate advised me to try to delete your adapter from Device Manager and replug once again.
    Tried that already to no avail.

Log file is attached now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! We will check and get back to you

Comment

Originally Posted by davydave View Post
        It says "PS3/PC Gamepad".
        And as previously mentioned, in the device manager it's listed as "HID-compliant game controller", nothing more.
        My adapter is acting completely the same and not working with reWASD. Even names are the same ("PS3/PC Gamepad"). I was advised to change adapter, so I was planning to buy this OSTENT one. But I see that you have the same issues like I have with the one which I have already, so I will wait for some time. So maybe it's not a really problem with my adapter.

Comment

Since it's been nearly two months and there's been a new release since then:

Any news on the matter?

Comment

Hello! As we can see from the logs, the adapter has a different VID / PID than DS3, which is causing the problem. Is this the same adapter as listed?

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
              Hello! As we can see from the logs, the adapter has a different VID / PID than DS3, which is causing the problem. Is this the same adapter as listed?
              Well, I ordered it from Amazon.de, since I'm German and it wouldn't have been feasible to order from the US. However, the ASIN (some kind of Amazon cataloguing number) on both products is identical. The images are idental. It even shares the same user reviews as the US one. So, it's safe to assume I bought the adapter that was linked.

For reference: This is the adapter I bought. And this is the adapter that was linked here.

Comment

We assume that the adapter has been re-released because older versions of this model had no problems. It is likely that something has changed in the product, due to which the adapter has a different report.
                Try on another PC to be sure it's not the system.​

Comment

Okay, I have tried a different PC. It's still not recognized by reWASD.

Comment

It seems that the problem is in the version of the adapter. We're sorry we recommended it. Try contacting the seller or manufacturer for a refund.

Comment

I see, that's a bummer. Doubt I will get very far with a refund, since it's been a couple of months since I ordered it and there is technically nothing wrong with it.

May I ask what exactly is preventing you from implementing a generalized D-Input support? (I know I have asked this before, I just found the answer to be a bit vague.) With all the marvelous feats you have added to the software I doubt it's a lack of skill on your end, right?
                      I mean, it would open up so many doors. Loads of cheap controller adapters, like the one we've been troubleshooting, would be instantly usable for a wide array of games.

If it is an UI concern, I can see that. reWASD's UI is pretty well designed and it is clear that a lot of work has gone into it with every supported device having custom layout images.
                      However, I think there would be ways to design around that.
                      What came to mind was the way Xpadder (I'm sure you're familiar with it) handled it. Connect a device, then press all the buttons, pads, sticks and what not . For every registered input a square pops up. Drop a custom image of your controller into it and drag the squares to their corresponding buttons. Name all the squares according to the button it is representing and start configuring profiles.
                      The images could be provided and shared within the community, I'm sure there are a few enthusiasts among us here that would be happy to create some. I know I would.
                      And in order to not confuse casual users with it, it could be labeled an experimental feature which can be toggled on and off through the settings.

Something like this, maybe. I understand that a feature like this without proper images could make the software look a bit messy, which is why I suggest the community sharing and experimental feature approach.

I can only speak for myself, but D-Input support is pretty much the only thing missing from making reWASD the perfect mapping software.

Comment

Originally Posted by davydave View Post
                        May I ask what exactly is preventing you from implementing a generalized D-Input support?
                        I don't have the details or ETA, but we already have plans to make a wizard-like feature, that would allow users to remap all controllers that are supported by Windows.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                          I don't have the details or ETA, but we already have plans to make a wizard-like feature, that would allow users to remap all controllers that are supported by Windows.
                          That is excellent news! I will be patient then.

Comment

We have got the same adapter you have and will add its support in next version. But note that in PC mode it won't have support for pressure sensitive buttons. Just in case.
                            Another thing to note: double-pressing Analog button on PS2 controller just switches this adapter to Xbox 360 mode, so may be it would be better.
                            This of course may depend on which PS2 gamepad you have.

Comment

I've checked my adapter and it's working fine. No pressure-sensitive buttons as said, but can be remapped. I recommend press "analog" button to enable xbox360 mode, so L2/R2 buttons can work as real triggers. Thank you team!

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                                I've checked my adapter and it's working fine. No pressure-sensitive buttons as said, but can be remapped. I recommend press "analog" button to enable xbox360 mode, so L2/R2 buttons can work as real triggers. Thank you team!
                                Good news!

Comment

Working...
                                X