Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual DS3 support in PCSX2 Qt interface

Originally Posted by ✨Master Of Configs✨ View Post
    (duplicating my reply from this post, in case those who look for a solution would stumble upon this post first)

Hi there, FlameMan and tij ! I just wanted to let you know, that our team had made some changes to PCSX2 emulator, and PCSX2 reWASD team edition should support DS3 gamepad with sixaxis driver. So reWASD's Virtual DS3 would also be supported with no problem
    I'd be glad to hear your thoughts about this if you decide to give it a try!​
    Again - huge respect to reWASD team for putting up Pull Request with PCSX2 team (https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/7099) on behalf of reWASD users to include sixaxis support. I completed testing PCSX2 builds and posted results in that pull request (everything worked as expected ... including creating Virtual DS3 from Switch PRO controller). I hope this is enough for PCSX2 team to include sixaxis support into their official releases.

Unfortunately, there is a slight problem. PCSX2 is shifting towards new user interface Qt. They maintain old wxWidgets interface for now in order to get PCSX2 improvements to users without current incompleteness/bugs of Qt interface beeing in a way of enjoying PCSX2 (i find their new AVX2 with Vulcan implementation much faster than 2 year old stable version 1.6.0).

reWASD contributed sixaxis support to PCSX2 but contributed it to wxWidgets build. wxWidgets will be deprecated/dropped once Qt is ready for stable release 1.7.0.

I know its a lot to ask ... but is there any chance reWASD team can contribute sixaxis support to PCSX2 in Qt builds. I will hate to see reWASD contribution go to waist once wxWidgets build is deprecated.

Please continue your great work with reWASD. I am glad that I chose reWASD instead of sticking with Steam controller environment. Support here is much much better

Hello there!
    One of our team members has already answered this question here, check out the longer version of the response. Here's a shorter one:
    Unfortunately, it seems new Qt code does not support HID and DirectInput, so studying new interface would take more time. It would be much faster if someone who has more experience with Qt and PCSX2 would help port old HID code to new interface, because this is not our area of expertise and would require a lot bigger involvement in PCSX2 project, which, unfortunately, is not impossible for our team at the moment. Maybe some day, but not now.
    ​I also want to thank you for being so enthusiastic and helpful!

Comment

"Maybe some day, but not now."

That's good enough for me .

Again, thanks for your contribution to PCSX2. We will at least get Virtual PS3 working from now on on latest WX nightly builds before its deprecated with stable 1.7 release (and latest nightly build before that will be close enough to stable QT release)

Please continue your great work!!!

Comment

We are always happy to help!

Comment

Our virtual DS3 looks like physical DS3, so there is no special procedure to add its support to any application, as long as it supports physical DS3 via some method (libusb, sixaxis etc). The issue here seems because new Qt interface cannot support physical DS3 natively at all because it has no support for HID devices.
          If PCSX2 adds HID support in new interface then we think support for physical DS3 can be easily added and virtual DS3 will work automatically then.

Comment

When I was testing for PCSX2 on changes reWASD made to support DS3 ... obviously WX worked with all bells and whistles of glorious pressure sensitivity.

Funny was QT... I doubt it was modified at all ... but out of the box it did detect DS3 ... through SDL (Simple DirectMedia) ... DS3 (including Virtual DS3) work through SDL ... but no pressure sensitivity.

QT atm only support controlers through SDL or XInput. DirectInput and HIS was dropped from interface. I think they were hoping legacy controllers will be supported through SDL.

If PCSX2 at the core did not change how controller works, and QT just omitted DirectInput and HID in their controller setup. Introducing what you did with wx, should be possible.

My kid is sick now for past week ... so I have no have time to check QT code ... yet.

Comment

Understood, there's no hurry at this point, so take your time. And please let us know if you find something interesting when you get to check the code! We'd be glad to hear about your findings

Comment

Wow! I see that they quickly implemented DInput in Qt builds when they noticed that the old interface has proper support! I hope it will be possible now to rewrite the code to add support for Sony's PS3 driver on a new version. RetroAchievements and pressure-sensitive support would be a dream as achievements are only for QT nightly builds. 😔

Comment

I have been following this conversation with great interest and I must say I'm impressed by the dedication and enthusiasm of both the reWASD and PCSX2 teams. It's great to see developers collaborating to improve user experience and bring new features to their software.

Regarding the issue of sixaxis support in Qt builds of PCSX2, I believe that it would be a great addition to the software and would make a lot of users happy. However, I understand that this may not be a top priority for the developers at the moment, especially considering the upcoming deprecation of wxWidgets and the shift towards Qt youtube apk

That being said, I think it would be worth exploring the possibility of adding HID support to Qt builds, as suggested by c. This could potentially make it easier to implement support for physical and virtual DS3 controllers, as well as other legacy controllers.
                  Last edited by melvinardan; 03.04.2023, 05:41.

Comment

Thanks for the information and your feedback on our work.
                    Our developers are keeping an eye on such things, and if it is possible to implement it painlessly, then we will do it.
                    But it's hard to promise anything right now.​

Comment

As far as we know Qt already has HID support, so it is possible to add DS3 support. But we are not affiliated with PCSX2 project and cannot contribute to it at the moment. Our virtual DS3 works same as physical DS3, so if someone adds physical DS3 support to Qt in PCSX2, then virtual DS3 should work automatically too.

Comment

Originally Posted by tij View Post
                        Funny was QT... I doubt it was modified at all ... but out of the box it did detect DS3 ... through SDL (Simple DirectMedia) ... DS3 (including Virtual DS3) work through SDL ... but no pressure sensitivity.

QT atm only support controlers through SDL or XInput. DirectInput and HIS was dropped from interface. I think they were hoping legacy controllers will be supported through SDL.

If PCSX2 at the core did not change how controller works, and QT just omitted DirectInput and HID in their controller setup. Introducing what you did with wx, should be possible.
                        tij FYI, seems that Qt will receive official driver support too. Finally we will be able to use Virtual DS3 with the newest version.

Comment

This is great news! Thank you for information.

Comment

Ahhh ... finally some good news

Comment

Working...
                            X