Add 'Mute' to Long Press, Double Press, Triple, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add 'Mute' to Long Press, Double Press, Triple, etc

Right now you can only use mute in Single Press but it'd be nice to be able to extend this to Long Press, double press, triple, etc so that rebinds/combos only activate under these conditions but also don't active the native button.

Thanks

Mute is not applied to the mapping or activator, but to the native behavior of the physical key.
    Therefore, there is no difference in which of the activators sections the "Mute" button will be available. The result will be the same – disabling the native behavior of the button.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Mute is not applied to the mapping or activator, but to the native behavior of the physical key.
      Therefore, there is no difference in which of the activators sections the "Mute" button will be available. The result will be the same – disabling the native behavior of the button.​

Yes, I mean right now you only have a 'Mute' option on Single Press - that disables the native behaviour of the button. But if I go onto the other types of activators like Long Press, double Press, etc there is no 'Mute' option. It'd be good to have a mute option on these types of activators as well

Comment

Originally Posted by ChillBear View Post

Yes, I mean right now you only have a 'Mute' option on Single Press - that disables the native behaviour of the button. But if I go onto the other types of activators like Long Press, double Press, etc there is no 'Mute' option. It'd be good to have a mute option on these types of activators as well
        Apparently you did not understand my explanation. What will Mute give you on these activators?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Apparently you did not understand my explanation. What will Mute give you on these activators?
          Two things, one is an unintended feature/bug and the other is expanding features.

Unintended feature - On Shift Layer 0, a key remapped with combo on 'Single Press' with settings 'Jump to Layer: Shift Layer 1', 'Mode: Hold', and 'Execute at Once'. When the Hold mode completes and returns from Shift Layer 1 to 0 using 'Release Press' in Shift Layer 1 the native button activates because there is no option to 'Mute' on 'Release Press'

For example, in a game this means a skill on the native button firing off that's not intended because there is no 'Mute' on 'Shift Layer 1' 'Release Press' as it returns to 'Shift Layer 0'.

The second is about expanding features because having Mute on other activators would let you run a remap/combo when the button is activated on 'Start Press', and then when hold down a bit longer could activate a secondary remap/combo on 'Long Press'. Unfortunately, without 'Mute' on those other activators right now the native button activates when these are activators are used.

Comment

To be honest, I did not quite understand the description of the first case.
            If you mute the button in the main and in the layer it switches you to, then the native function of the button should not work.

Here is an example of such a mapping:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	138
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	236340

When the combo has played, and I release the B button, I don't get B button input.​

Comment

Working...
            X